The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
That's not my point. I mean, investing £35m in a player to loan him out is terrible business.. Especially if Carroll ends up scoring 15+ goals.

Doubt it, the Newcastle fans were fecking terrible to him once he left.. No idea why he'd want to go back to that.

Every fans are terrible to 99% of people that leave clubs... their fickle and shouldnt be called fans, as soon as they move what they have done for the club is most of the time forgotten.. Torres is the best example

As soon as a returning player has a good game, helps you win or scores, these so called fans will all come strolling back supporting him

Giuseppe Rossi's agent told an Italian radio station that €10m is the price of his client

I know he is injured and had a history of injuries, BUT what a bargain if you manage to keep him fit...

Giuseppe Rossi's agent told an Italian radio station that €10m is the price of his client

I know he is injured and had a history of injuries, BUT what a bargain if you manage to keep him fit...

Less a case of his history of injuries, more a case of 'will he ever be the same' after those two big ones that are keeping him out for so long.

Every fans are terrible to 99% of people that leave clubs... their fickle and shouldnt be called fans, as soon as they move what they have done for the club is most of the time forgotten.. Torres is the best example

As soon as a returning player has a good game, helps you win or scores, these so called fans will all come strolling back supporting him

Completely agree with this. As soon as Carroll starts scoring again, the fans will be back singing his name.

As a side not, I do not think the Newcastle fans were that mad that Carroll left. Were more mad that the 35m they got for him was not reinvested into the squad. If I was a Newcastle fan, I would feckin drive Caroll to Liverpool myself if they offered 35m

KO vs Spurs at 6PM. Hope we put in a performance here, and get to see some of the stars, finally. Borini, Morgan, and Sterling as front three please. Or Pacheco.

Liverpool: Jones, Enrique, Flanagan, Skrtel, Carragher, Spearing, Shelvey, Adam, Downing, Cole, Morgan.

Subs: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Henderson, Eccleston, Sterling, Sama, Wilson, Robinson, Gerrard, Lucas, Borini, Carroll.

Think we'll be playing Harry Kane up front on his own. Defoe went home for yet another funeral and the Adebayor transfer is still inconclusive.

KO vs Spurs at 6PM. Hope we put in a performance here, and get to see some of the stars, finally. Borini, Morgan, and Sterling as front three please. Or Pacheco.

How did the game go btw.. improve on the other friendlys?

was at work so missed it

Aqua in Rome finalising move to Fiorentina according to Ben Smith BBC...

Rumoured fee of 7Million, clears way Allen to come in

7 million is great money. Rumoured 125K a week too. **** me, he's never worth that. Good to see the back of him.

Ayre close to getting Allen in too apparently.

happy times.

Finding all this from Bale and Walker laughable on Charlie Adam..

It was a lazy challenge at worst, a professional foul almost... Seen almost every game.

7 million is great money. Rumoured 125K a week too. **** me, he's never worth that. Good to see the back of him.

Ayre close to getting Allen in too apparently.

happy times.

Really doubt that 125k a week. Fiorentina cant pay that. Also he was already prepared to lower his wage to somewhere around 1.8-2m p/y to join Milan which would be around 40k p/w. At tops he'll get 60k.

Still 7m if true is good business for Liverpool.

How did the game go btw.. improve on the other friendlys?

was at work so missed it

TBF, friendlies are more about individual performances and fitness than they are the results.. The young players have impressed which is great, much more important that being unbeaten in pre-season.

Wow, hope this is true. Anything above £5m is good money. Although, the £125k p/week makes me thing it's BS.. Don't think Fiorentina would pay him even half that wage.

If this is true then after Rodgers playing him in a few friendlies and seeing him in a few training sessions then he is now the fourth Liverpool manager to think he isn't good enough (Benitez, Hodgson, Dalglish).

If this is true then after Rodgers playing him in a few friendlies and seeing him in a few training sessions then he is now the fourth Liverpool manager to think he isn't good enough (Benitez, Hodgson, Dalglish).

Less to do with training , and more to do with him not really wanting to be there i feel. He was injured a lot under Benitez, and still featured a decent amount. Never given much of a chance under Dalglish.

Has anyone got a video/gif of the Adam challenge? The way Spurs have acted over it seems a little strange.

The jimmies are well and truly rustled at Spurs. It was slightly late and mistimed, afterall Adam can't tackle, but it was never malicious.

Back