The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Alot of rumours doing the rounds that we are paying Fiorentina to take Aquilani... i cant imagine this too be true, but apparently the way were looking at it is:

He is on 80k a week reportedly, that would save us 8.4m on his remaining deal, and 15m if the rumours of 125k a week are anything to go by

Still bad business if anyway true

Aqua is not on 120k a week. That's the combined total Liverpool pay for him. Wages & fee to Roma.

Afterwards Suárez insisted: “I think they jeer me and they boo me because they must be scared of facing a player like me, but I think it was a total lack of respect from the crowd to boo when we were trying to sing our national anthem.”

Afterwards Suárez insisted: “I think they jeer me and they boo me because they must be scared of facing a player like me, but I think it was a total lack of respect from the crowd to boo when we were trying to sing our national anthem.”

LOL, no. They jeer you because you are a thoroughly unlikeable person. And I'm not even talking about Evra. You showed that side yet again today.

Pricey and Joe were there tonight, the crowd were not booing the anthem, rather Suarez when he came up on the screen during the anthem. But still distasteful.

Wouldnt surprise me if eventually people drive Suarez out tbh, Media constantly at him, fans constantly at him... deserved to a certain extent , but now its getting ridiculous.. not even over exaggerating when i say i cannot think of a player boo'd and hated more than Luis Suarez..

Hope he comes to silence all the haters.

Wouldnt surprise me if eventually people drive Suarez out tbh, Media constantly at him, fans constantly at him... deserved to a certain extent , but now its getting ridiculous.. not even over exaggerating when i say i cannot think of a player boo'd and hated more than Luis Suarez..

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, he stokes a lot of it himself, thats before the whole Evra thing. He's not very likeable, and rather than try and get his head down and make himself more likeable, he seems to go out of his way to make himself more unlikeable.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, he stokes a lot of it himself, thats before the whole Evra thing. He's not very likeable, and rather than try and get his head down and make himself more likeable, he seems to go out of his way to make himself more unlikeable.

I fully agree he does not help himself and does some very silly things, but it gets to a point where its getting too much.. think its gone past this point now.. booing during a national anthem just to aim it at Suarez, that's desperate from fans to hate on a player that much

I fully agree he does not help himself and does some very silly things, but it gets to a point where its getting too much.. think its gone past this point now.. booing during a national anthem just to aim it at Suarez, that's desperate from fans to hate on a player that much

he's made himself a pantomine villian now. The more he acts up, the more he will be booed.

Bollocks. I was at Wembley when Uruguay were playing Senegal, and everyone booed him then. The vast, vast majority of the crowd were there for the GB match and therefore impartial, and they still booed him.

The national anthem is something entirely separate.

He won't silence anything if he keeps on being such a shitlord.

According to givemefootball: "West Ham have offered a £36m package for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, including an eight-year £90,000 a week contract. Carroll has not travelled with the Reds squad to their Europa league match but the England striker is not keen on a move to Upton Park."

I don't know their credability, but what do you guys think?

Link to article: Liverpool transfer news: West Ham offer Liverpool striker £36m package to join Upton Park | Give Me Football

Give me football is highly unreliable. Also i cant see why west ham would pay 90k, or or offer an EIGHT year contract. My personal thoughts is that its bullshit

According to givemefootball: "West Ham have offered a £36m package for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, including an eight-year £90,000 a week contract. Carroll has not travelled with the Reds squad to their Europa league match but the England striker is not keen on a move to Upton Park."
The **** goblins are stupid, but they're not that stupid.

Haha indeed, utterly make believe story.

Regarding Suarez though - I just don't understand why his agent isn't telling him to at least say something apologetic, say: "I know there is strong feeling following the case last year and I respect people's right to an opinion, I am just trying to perform well for my team and focus on the game", which totally disarms the haters and lets those neutral fans start to see something positive from him.

It reminds me of Balotelli, this "Why always me?" exceptionalist mentality where he refuses to take responsibility is effectively childishness. Part of adulthood is taking responsibility for your actions, both positive and negative ones. You can't claim "they were booing as they fear me" and then claim to not comprehend the other potential reasons. It's such a shame as I like watching him play, I just wish he didn't have the unsavoury side/made some effort to appear contrite.

I don't know their credability, but what do you guys think? Sounds like BS... Again.

Link to article: Liverpool transfer news: West Ham offer Liverpool striker £36m package to join Upton Park | Give Me Football

LOL, that contract alone is worth more than £36m.

I would have LOVED to go to the game yesterday in my Liverpool Suarez shirt!

I don't think Suarez really cares, tbh. He's adored by Liverpool fans, what more could he want? :P

LOL, that contract alone is worth more than £36m.

I don't think Suarez really cares, tbh. He's adored by Liverpool fans, what more could he want? :P

oh i know he couldnt care, but just to **** the people booing off!

Interesting to see what happens tonight, and what team we play as Rodgers has already insisted its a competition we're not looking at as a priority

Still needs a fairly convincing win though against a team who could only manage 3rd in Belarus.

Back