The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sounds like Adam is the enforcer of karma. If you were at the Olympics, Bale..

Its a pretty poor and needless tackle that would leave most managers very ****** off.

Agreed it was a poor challenge, but the term Horror tackle and Bale and Walker suggesting its personal is rubbish.... Lets be honest Adam has took out many a men, he is not known for his well timed challenges.

Agreed it was a poor challenge, but the term Horror tackle and Bale and Walker suggesting its personal is rubbish.... Lets be honest Adam has took out many a men, he is not known for his well timed challenges.

Given their "history" and the fact it was a friendly, it looked pretty personal tbh. You would be annoyed to see that in a competitive game, let alone a friendly. Not sure about a horror tackle, but its pretty bad, could have done some real damage, and it seems it has done already.

Given their "history" and the fact it was a friendly, it looked pretty personal tbh. You would be annoyed to see that in a competitive game, let alone a friendly. Not sure about a horror tackle, but its pretty bad, could have done some real damage, and it seems it has done already.

History of one challenge? it seemed a mistimed tackle at worst, if it was personal he could have done a lot worse.. Simply stood on his ankle as Bale was too quick for him

History of one challenge? it seemed a mistimed tackle at worst, if it was personal he could have done a lot worse.. Simply stood on his ankle as Bale was too quick for him

It was a very rash tackle, and a needless one. Go and watch it again. That is a tackle that he can never make in a 100 years. A lot more than mistimed tackle at worst. He is never in a position to make that challenge, he's either been very silly or very cynical.

In full time its an attempt to win the ball, Adam has never been good at tackling, and has done that to many people this season, and no-one has said anything

not saying its good, im just saying its a usual overreaction that everybody is following

In full time its an attempt to win the ball, Adam has never been good at tackling, and has done that to many people this season, and no-one has said anything

not saying its good, im just saying its a usual overreaction that everybody is following

But he can never get near the ball, ever. There is no chance of him winning that ball in real time. Attempting to do so is stupid or cynical, or both. Certainly I see why Spurs are ******.

And people do point it out that he is a massively reckless tackler.

Other news is apparently Agger has asked to leave..

Tbf he deserves to be playing at a top side, but id be gutted to lose him, such a quality player!

Rumours only but Man City have had a 13mil bid rejected

Other news is apparently Agger has asked to leave..

Tbf he deserves to be playing at a top side, but id be gutted to lose him, such a quality player!

Rumours only but Man City have had a 13mil bid rejected

£13mil for Agger is a joke tbh. I wouldn't take any less than £20mil for him, unless we bring in a replacement defender who can stay injury free but Agger is a top player when he's fit and playing at his best.

Sorry for the triple post but I just found this story:

[h=1]Liverpool Make Up Transfers to Discover Mole[/h]
Liverpool FC has confirmed today that a mole within the corporate communications division has been discovered, located and eliminated. Over the last 24 hours the club has released two bogus news stories indicating that they had accepted bids for two players (Andy Carroll and Alberto Aquilani) and that deals to sell those players were imminent.In order to locate the errant staff member the club had to portray an act of almost complete fabrication knowing that the source of previous leaks would give away his/her position. The club has become known for its secrecy in transfer dealings and absolutely insists on continuing in this manner. It was therefore essential that the club deceived other staff, fans and press journalists alike to ensure the lie was kept completely confidential.Jen Chang, Liverpool’s Director of Communications was unavailable for comment, but quickly released a short statement through junior LFC staff – “We apologise to all our fans around the world for the recent confusion surrounding players and transfers. Complete secrecy was required for a successful mole hunt, and we are now happy to confirm normal service resuming. We can categorically say that no deals have been agreed for Andy Carroll or Alberto Aquilani”.

Source: Liverpool Make Up Transfers to Discover Mole

Been away for a day. Really not sure what's happened...Apparently City have had two bids rejected for Agger, and Carroll's talking to West Ham?
Oh and that link to the article on this page has been deleted.

Alot of rumours doing the rounds that we are paying Fiorentina to take Aquilani... i cant imagine this too be true, but apparently the way were looking at it is:

He is on 80k a week reportedly, that would save us 8.4m on his remaining deal, and 15m if the rumours of 125k a week are anything to go by

Still bad business if anyway true

Fiorentina sign Valero. So have they pulled out from signing Aqua?

Fiorentina sign Valero. So have they pulled out from signing Aqua?

They've signed Mati Fernandez too. Two midfield playmakers in addition to Lazzari. I would not be surprised if they had.

They've signed Mati Fernandez too. Two midfield playmakers in addition to Lazzari. I would not be surprised if they had.

Both are in better form, arguably better players, both less injury prone. Wouldnt make much sense to move for him in my view

Both are in better form, arguably better players, both less injury prone. Wouldnt make much sense to move for him in my view

Would be bonkers for them to move for Aquilani, in my view.

Back