The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Interesting to see what happens tonight, and what team we play as Rodgers has already insisted its a competition we're not looking at as a priority

Still needs a fairly convincing win though against a team who could only manage 3rd in Belarus.

Almost forgot about that :D Thanks for reminding me! I was going to miss it because I had a cricket match but it was called off :D

Do you know what channel its on?

The team is: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard, Downing, Cole, Borini. Subs: Gulacsi, Lucas, Adam, Shelvey, Kelly, Robinson, Sterling.

Bit worried, no Agger ... ): - is he injured?

The team is: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard, Downing, Cole, Borini. Subs: Gulacsi, Lucas, Adam, Shelvey, Kelly, Robinson, Sterling.

Bit worried, no Agger ... ): - is he injured?

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
Daniel Agger's agent quoted as saying Agger isn't injured and says his omission from #LFC squad is down to the manager and club. Interesting

I heard Joe Cole returns but was injured after 23 minutes. Hopefully not serious, that guy is pretty injury prone!

I heard Joe Cole returns but was injured after 23 minutes. Hopefully not serious, that guy is pretty injury prone!

No luck that lad!

one thing is certain we really need some new players in, espeically a winger

Last edited:
Raheem Sterling came on for Joe Cole in the 25th minute. Gomel seem to be the better side so far. Anxious to see how Borini does. Finally Fox Soccer has the Europa League!

Missed the first half due to the Liverpool website saying K/O was 20:05 :(

Doesn't sound like I missed too much though

Really poor so far. Cole injured already, that guy...no words about him. We really do need more players, we've got rid of Aurelio, Kuyt, Maxi, and rumour has it Aquilani, Carroll and Bellamy aren't far from moves, and so far we've got Borini.

Well I think Downing just answered some of his critics tonight. Creating something out of nothing and what a goal! :)

It's a pretty poor game so far nobody really creating any chances, resulting in our players hitting long balls which go to the other team, Borini has got no support at all, Henderson constantly giving the ball away etc.

Stewart Downing scored?

Brb, checking to see if **** has frozen over.

Very early in the season so im not panickng just yet,

Although that was a very poor display, No passing, we couldnt keep the ball, relied on long balls mainly to Sterling and created no chances what so ever..

Sterling looked good when he come on, and borini's movement was very good.. although they had to feed on scraps, it looked very similar to last season in every way, but i didnt expect things to change over night

We HAVE to get some more players in though..

Another thing to remember is that Gommel are half way through their season so they will be a lot fitter and prepared than Liverpool are at the moment.

Another thing to remember is that Gommel are half way through their season so they will be a lot fitter and prepared than Liverpool are at the moment.

This. was a good test for us at this stage of the season, and i suppose a win's a win..

We looked ALOT better when we almost switched to a 4-2-3-1 with gerrard behind borini

Everyone is saying we need a winger, but what about promoting Sterling to the first team, he seems to be pretty good and could compete against the smaller teams. Though we need new players, preferrably Dempsey and Allen.

Everyone is saying we need a winger, but what about promoting Sterling to the first team, he seems to be pretty good and could compete against the smaller teams. Though we need new players, preferrably Dempsey and Allen.

Because at 17 years old do we really want to rely on him as our main winger and main player, too much pressure on the lad espeically considering he hasn't played much at this level... i think a quick winger is essential, we seem to lack pace.. Id personally love walcott although its v. unlikely

Dempsey, Allen and Walcott Id be very happy

Back