The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
A win was the must important thing about last night. Don't care how we play as long as we win.

Because at 17 years old do we really want to rely on him as our main winger and main player, too much pressure on the lad espeically considering he hasn't played much at this level... i think a quick winger is essential, we seem to lack pace.. Id personally love walcott although its v. unlikely

Dempsey, Allen and Walcott Id be very happy
I agree with that. But I was just suggesting using Sterling as a squad player to save on transfers and I read on our website that Rogers wants more players like Carragher who are brought through the system and play their entire career at the club. He could be as good as Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I agree with that. But I was just suggesting using Sterling as a squad player to save on transfers and I read on our website that Rogers wants more players like Carragher who are brought through the system and play their entire career at the club. He could be as good as Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Yea i agree, although another player is still needed... relying on youth is very risky throughout a season and could backfire, so you have to have the right blend and rotation in the squad

We probably do need another winger, but not necessarily a big money signing! It could just be a rotation player!

I know it's rumoured that he may leave, but if he doesn't, Craig Bellamy would be good enough for us on the wing, he's seemed to adapt to that position. However, I would like Walcott here (although it's very unlikely, as already been said) but why not Scott Sinclair? He's young, talented and will want to join for Rodgers! And I think Joe Allen and Dempsey are a must for our squad, if many of our deadwood are leaving.

Bellamy cannot play week in week out due to his injuries and knee's ... Sinclair i would like tho

Oh right, I wasn't aware of that.

However, I still think he would be very valuable to keep! And yeah, Sinclair would be great for the team; he'd fit right in!

Yeah thats why he didnt play as much last year, still would be very good to keep!

Aquilani's left to Fiorentina then, and a reliable rawker has said Allen's all but done.

Aquilani's left to Fiorentina then, and a reliable rawker has said Allen's all but done.

I feel for Aquilani abit. When he signed for Liverpool my view was that it was a massive gamble because he had struggled to stay fit in Italy. He then comes to the Premier League which is known for its physicality and i just knew it was a poor match. It was a huge expensive gamble which back-fired for himself and Liverpool.

On a replacement Allen really impressed me the other night against Uruguay but anything over 10mill would be classed as over paying for me.

Juventus just payed 11 million euros for him this summer. Can't be true.

Thats exactly what I thought, but Juve have brought a few players while having an already strong team.. Only saying what I saw, not saying I believe it

Thats exactly what I thought, but Juve have brought a few players while having an already strong team.. Only saying what I saw, not saying I believe it

Journalists make up a lot of nonsense atm. Juve needed two strikers and he was one of them (RVP being their prefered second)

I feel for Aquilani abit. When he signed for Liverpool my view was that it was a massive gamble because he had struggled to stay fit in Italy. He then comes to the Premier League which is known for its physicality and i just knew it was a poor match. It was a huge expensive gamble which back-fired for himself and Liverpool.

On a replacement Allen really impressed me the other night against Uruguay but anything over 10mill would be classed as over paying for me.

10m+ for a 22 year old whose passing game and style so far is pretty comparable to Michael Carricks? I'd say thats not a bad deal at all.

10m+ for a 22 year old whose passing game and style so far is pretty comparable to Michael Carricks? I'd say thats not a bad deal at all.

The gamble comes form the step up in terms of clubs.

Journalists make up a lot of nonsense atm. Juve needed two strikers and he was one of them (RVP being their prefered second)
Agreed, although im hoping there is some truth in the Nilmar enquiry.. quite like the lad.

ive even saw rumours of David Villa on loan.. but i had to laugh at them haha!

Id be very happy with Allen for 10-15mil.. has looked very good in the olympics and last season, plus the philosophy Rodgers wants to introduce fits perfectly with Allen's style of play

The gamble comes form the step up in terms of clubs.

Somewhat negated by the fact he would be joining the manager who helped him flourish and will be playing in similar style. Less of a gamble that Oscar for example.

Somewhat negated by the fact he would be joining the manager who helped him flourish and will be playing in similar style. Less of a gamble that Oscar for example.

Maybe so but Oscar is not expected to pull up any trees in his first season. He has many replacements if he is not fitting in very well.

Maybe so but Oscar is not expected to pull up any trees in his first season. He has many replacements if he is not fitting in very well.

Neither would Allen, still enough midfielders to cover for him. Domestic players like Carrick are rare. upto about 15m would be a good deal ( we paid 14 rising to 17m for Carrick)

Plus Allen flourished against players he will be playing against again this season, not like he will have to get used to a new league,

The whole project at Liverpool is aiming at the next 5 or so years,

I fully expect Henderson to do better this season, with the introductions of more youth players.. Sterling, Robinson, Shelvey, ETC

Back