The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Maybe so but Oscar is not expected to pull up any trees in his first season. He has many replacements if he is not fitting in very well.

Eh? I'd say there was far more pressure on Oscar (big transfer fee, comes into a squad that desperately needs a regista, comes incredibly highly-rated) to perform than Allen (comes from a small club, reasonably-sized transfer fee, comes into a squad that's well-stocked with central midfielders, unheralded until last season). Judging by the respective comments of Chelsea fans vs Liverpool fans in even their threads on this site alone ("We have a real talent on our hands" "Oscar is world-class" vs "Allen has looked very good at the Olympics and last season"), I'd say Oscar is expected to perform instantly FAR more than Allen.

Eh? I'd say there was far more pressure on Oscar (big transfer fee, comes into a squad that desperately needs a regista, comes incredibly highly-rated) to perform than Allen (comes from a small club, reasonably-sized transfer fee, comes into a squad that's well-stocked with central midfielders, unheralded until last season). Judging by the respective comments of Chelsea fans vs Liverpool fans in even their threads on this site alone ("We have a real talent on our hands" "Oscar is world-class" vs "Allen has looked very good at the Olympics and last season"), I'd say Oscar is expected to perform instantly FAR more than Allen.

All depends what type of fans you are, i am not someone who will rush the lad. Like i said and still believe Lampard is good enough to play the regista type role while Oscar gets used to the English game. I also didn't say there was more pressure on Allen, just said i thought anything over 10mill was over paying thats all.

All depends what type of fans you are, i am not someone who will rush the lad. Like i said and still believe Lampard is good enough to play the regista type role while Oscar gets used to the English game. I also didn't say there was more pressure on Allen, just said i thought anything over 10mill was over paying thats all.

You may not have said it, but you implied it by saying that Oscar wasn't expected to pull up any trees, implying Allen was.

10 mil would be a steal for Allen. Young, exceptionally talented, versatile, home grown, and a wonderful passer. You don't get too many like that around.

Happy with Allen. Someone the manager knows and can trust. I read somewhere it's like what Rafa did with Xabi when he got the job, signing someone he knows can dictate play and keep the ball for us. Rather him over Aquilani easily. Still hoping Adam will leave, and we'll sign at least another striker and winger.

Happy with Allen. Someone the manager knows and can trust. I read somewhere it's like what Rafa did with Xabi when he got the job, signing someone he knows can dictate play and keep the ball for us. Rather him over Aquilani easily. Still hoping Adam will leave, and we'll sign at least another striker and winger.

Yeah, not sure why anyone would have a bad word to say about Allen, his been consistantly good all season and has performed in every GB game so far.. Really excited about signing him.

So glad Aquilani is gone, sure he could be a good player but he clearly hasn't done enough to impress 3 Liverpool managers.. Just happy we got something for him, even if we are having to contribute to his wages for the next couple of seasons. Doubt Adam will leave, hardly the end of the world though.. He didn't command a massive transfer fee and probably isn't on much more than £50k per week, not the worst back-up we could have!

Yeah, think we need to sign Dempsey, the rumours have died down a little which is a shame but I think we'd get the best 3 or 4 years he has to offer.. Unless we are serious about signing Ramirez, that would be an even better addition. A new fast winger is a necessity... We have Sterling who is great but so young, somebody like Sinclair, Sturridge or maybe even Walcott would fit the bill. Not sure they are realistic targets though! Not sure whether we need another striker? Think Dempsey and/ or Ramirez +1 winger gives us enough attacking options.

Really hope we haven't lost Agger, if he wanted more money we should give it to him! He's a quality CB and will be very, very hard to replace.. Coates is good but not a starter, sucked pretty hard in the Olympics, too. No idea if we've even been linked with any defensive players? Seems to be Allen + Attackers x1000.. Oh well.

Last edited:
Selling Maxi, Aurelio, Kuyt and Aqua has saved us 14m a year on wages alone... 260k a week,

Then count what we got fee wise.. Not much but something around 6Mil... Gave us aan extra 20mil

Good business

Yeah, not sure why anyone would have a bad word to say about Allen, his been consistantly good all season and has performed in every GB game so far.. Really excited about signing him.

So glad Aquilani is gone, sure he could be a good player but he clearly hasn't done enough to impress 3 Liverpool managers.. Just happy we got something for him, even if we are having to contribute to his wages for the next couple of seasons. Doubt Adam will leave, hardly the end of the world though.. He didn't command a massive transfer fee and probably isn't on much more than £50k per week, not the worst back-up we could have!

Yeah, think we need to sign Dempsey, the rumours have died down a little which is a shame but I think we'd get the best 3 or 4 years he has to offer.. Unless we are serious about signing Ramirez, that would be an even better addition. A new fast winger is a necessity... We have Sterling who is great but so young, somebody like Sinclair, Sturridge or maybe even Walcott would fit the bill. Not sure they are realistic targets though! Not sure whether we need another striker? Think Dempsey and/ or Ramirez +1 winger gives us enough attacking options.

Really hope we haven't lost Agger, if he wanted more money we should give it to him! He's a quality CB and will be very, very hard to replace.. Coates is good but not a starter, sucked pretty hard in the Olympics, too. No idea if we've even been linked with any defensive players? Seems to be Allen + Attackers x1000.. Oh well.

Agreed, Ramirez Allen and Dempsey/ Walcott would be a brilliant summer

Tbh our defence is our strong point, one of the best in the league if we keep back 4 fit.. Only rumoured with Sakho, Howedes, Amorebieta IF Agger/Skrtel leaves, which I hope not

Don't want Walcott. Too frustrating a player to get like 100K a week. Far too hot/cold, we may's well get Matt Jarvis for well cheaper, if we want someone really fast. Not really a fan of Ramirez either to be honest.

Don't want Walcott. Too frustrating a player to get like 100K a week. Far too hot/cold, we may's well get Matt Jarvis for well cheaper, if we want someone really fast. Not really a fan of Ramirez either to be honest.

Jarvis would be a poor buy, had a decent run then went very poor..

Walcott is one of those players imo we need, not as consistant but can come up with moments to win games, and impact player and possesses the raw pace i also think we need

Ramirez looks a very good talent now and more so, the future. Creative place who can play as a inside forward role or as a AMC...

Tbh if we got either Walcott or Ramirez id be very happy

I reckon this Walcott story is full of ****. Wenger values him incredibly highly; not because of his ability, but because of the pace and directness he brings to the team, something far too often missing amongst his teammates.

I reckon this Walcott story is full of ****. Wenger values him incredibly highly; not because of his ability, but because of the pace and directness he brings to the team, something far too often missing amongst his teammates.

Agreed, probably agent talk simply to hurry up a new deal, or to get Arsenal to improve his contract

Macca saying there's a good chance Agger will be sold for 20 million +,
Unless he wants out, which I doubt, I really hope this isn't true. We shouldn't be selling our best players, we shouldn't even be open for offers.

Macca saying there's a good chance Agger will be sold for 20 million +,
Unless he wants out, which I doubt, I really hope this isn't true. We shouldn't be selling our best players, we shouldn't even be open for offers.

Seriously I think 20m for Agger would be good business, great playyer but stilll too injury prone. 20m could get up a top class winger.

Seriously I think 20m for Agger would be good business, great playyer but stilll too injury prone. 20m could get up a top class winger.

It would get us a decent winger, and a gaping hole in defence..

Last edited:
Heard Allen is very close to signing

we have offered 12.5m for Ramirez, but the valutation is 5mil apart so its not looking very good

It will be one of Dempsey and Ramirez, only one.

The two loan signings were interested in are Callejon and Affelay. these are very likely...

EDIT: If these happen.. Carroll will be gone, thats if he chooses too.. Bellamy is heading back to Cardiff and we are trying to offload Adam or Spearing.. likely to be Adam as interest is more than spearing

Last edited:
New ITK in the house? ;)

Don't want Ramirez personally.
Allen's been looking like being done for a month or so.
I think if we sell Adam, we'll get another winger, or striker. Supposedly looking to sign 6 players.

New ITK in the house? ;)

Don't want Ramirez personally.
Allen's been looking like being done for a month or so.
I think if we sell Adam, we'll get another winger, or striker. Supposedly looking to sign 6 players.

haha, Noooo

just going on everything ive seen :P

Sky reporting were considering selling Agger, will be seriously ****** if this happens.

Ayre met with City today, says Scott from Rawk.
I know, I know he's just an ITK, but he's spot on with most things. Disappointing we're negotiating with them, but also the fact it's Ayre. Ayre shouldn't be doing ****. He's basically got run of the whole club.

Back