The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Daniel Agger's a fine, fine player. However, he has had injury problems. Upwards of 20m? Decent fee.

Maybe so but Oscar is not expected to pull up any trees in his first season. He has many replacements if he is not fitting in very well.

He cost 25 million pounds, I would be expecting great oaks torn up.

He cost 25 million pounds, I would be expecting great oaks torn up.

From a 20year old coming into a whole new continent? People expected Drogba to hit the ground running, didn't happen and the same with many many players. The lad is 20, price tag means nothing!

From a 20year old coming into a whole new continent? People expected Drogba to hit the ground running, didn't happen and the same with many many players. The lad is 20, price tag means nothing!

Funny, Andy Carroll was only two years older and I don't remember you saying that about him...

Well we have very different thoughts on transfer fees. 25 million english pounds for a mostly unproven player from Brazil is ridiculous. If Arsenal ever sign anyone for £25m, I expect him to be ******* good.

Well we have very different thoughts on transfer fees. 25 million english pounds for a mostly unproven player from Brazil is ridiculous. If Arsenal ever sign anyone for £25m, I expect him to be ******* good.

That'l be the day lol.

If Agger goes, i think it will be time to give Coates his chance in the team. Surprised he didnt get more games last season.

ok, that's nice. got anything to dispel my argument though?

Like always yes lol. The general fee's in football have risen over the last 10 years. Oscar was only 50% owned by International so Chelsea had to pay off his other investors (which i believe to be himself and his agent) so that would make the transfer messy and costly. At this current time Brazilian football is booming in terms of revinue, not only are they managing to keep hold of their stars they are even bringing some back i,e Ronaldinho, Deco, Luis Fabiano etc so that would also make the price rise. At the current time of Chelsea's first bid Oscar was the main man being talked about in Brazil which again would rise the price paid. And the last one is Chelsea are rich so teams know, will and have hold Chelsea to ransom to make them pay the fee they want even though it may be over the odds.

22 million and Agger's off.

Daniel Agger's a fine, fine player. However, he has had injury problems. Upwards of 20m? Decent fee.

No doubt its a very good price, but he is a world class CB, and replacing him will be very very tough

it just means selling yet another key player and having to replace him, Carra has shown his age over the last season and Coates has potential but is not ready for first team

pretty worried if he goes in all honesty.

Don't think Agger is worth that much tbh... Johnson is young and a very good player getting marginalized at City. Also he is English.

I honestly believe he is, stay fit and he is one of the best CBs about, just a rumour i saw doing the rounds, dont think they'll offer that though.. they'll want 15mil easily for johnson

I honestly believe he is, stay fit and he is one of the best CBs about, just a rumour i saw doing the rounds, dont think they'll offer that though.. they'll want 15mil easily for johnson

Just don't think he is worth 16m and Johnson... He is a excellent CB for sure though

Back