The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This really made me laugh!

Give me football has done peice saying who the fastest sprinters in football are, and in all honesty it is so much rubbish.

They go on overall speed and MPH rather than quickest time in 100m... and apparently these are the results.. keep in mind Bolt is at 27MPH

1 – Theo Walcott – 22.72mph
2 – Sol Campbell – 22.50mph
3 – Mari Balotelli – 22.37mph
4 – Gareth Bale – 22.37mph
5 – Ashley Cole – 22.37mph
6 - Chris Smalling – 22.37mph
7 – Jack Wilshere – 22.35mph
8 – Fernando Torres – 22.27mph
9 - Didier Drogba – 22.27mph
10 – Andy Carroll – 22.24mph

And nowhere to be seen…
Cristiano Ronaldo – 20.87mph
Arjen Robben – 20.44mph
Wayne Rooney – 20.25mph
Robin van Persie – 19.94mph

Heard rumours of Godin to replace Agger.. Makes sense, and IMO wouldn't be the worst replacement.

Don't understand how £15m is overpaying for Allen.. Especially when you consider who our manager is! They were always going to hold out for the top price and not negotiate, due to it being Rodgers buying him. Besides, there are very few British players like him so I'm very happy with the price.. I'm pretty sure we will see Adam and/ or Spearing leaving, even if it's just on loan deals.

This really made me laugh!

Give me football has done peice saying who the fastest sprinters in football are, and in all honesty it is so much rubbish.

They go on overall speed and MPH rather than quickest time in 100m... and apparently these are the results.. keep in mind Bolt is at 27MPH

And nowhere to be seen…
Arjen Robben – 20.44mph
Wayne Rooney – 20.25mph

I'm sorry but how often do footballers sprint 100m in a match? Not very often considering that's goal to goal.. I'm not saying that the way they have worked it out is very good, just that your way is much worse.

Heard rumours of Godin to replace Agger.. Makes sense, and IMO wouldn't be the worst replacement.

Don't understand how £15m is overpaying for Allen.. Especially when you consider who our manager is! They were always going to hold out for the top price and not negotiate, due to it being Rodgers buying him. Besides, there are very few British players like him so I'm very happy with the price.. I'm pretty sure we will see Adam and/ or Spearing leaving, even if it's just on loan deals.

I'm sorry but how often do footballers sprint 100m in a match? Not very often considering that's goal to goal.. I'm not saying that the way they have worked it out is very good, just that your way is much worse.

???

This is nothing to do with me, literally just copied it of a site, just found it funny how apparently Carroll is the 10th quickest footballer, and quicker than Ronaldo and Robben haha

Having signed Joe Allen, I wonder if Liverpool fans will now have a better appreciation for Michael Carrick?

Having signed Joe Allen, I wonder if Liverpool fans will now have a better appreciation for Michael Carrick?

I already like him, Im one of these that think the Carrick type of player is vital to any good team,

a player who keeps the game ticking, holds position well and always gives the player on the ball an option to pass too. Not the most eye catching player but one that is needed

Like the fact Allen has that bit of pace aswell

And nowhere to be seen…
Arjen Robben – 20.44mph
Wayne Rooney – 20.25mph

Someone posted this in IRC the other day and it was ridiculed there also. It's a completely arbitrary list. It doesn't provide any information other than a raw speed stat. How did they measure it? What distance is it over? It's not even worth humouring without any context.

Someone posted this in IRC the other day and it was ridiculed there also. It's a completely arbitrary list. It doesn't provide any information other than a raw speed stat. How did they measure it? What distance is it over? It's not even worth humouring without any context.

I just had to post it because i found it laughable..

I've always seen Carrick as a very good player who helps protect the defence, creates chances and links a team together and a player like that can be the difference between winning and losing against a big team.

Who? (K)

Still reports going round that aggers on his way.. hope it's not the case, but can't complain if we're getting 27million for a 27 year old who's a bit injury prone.

Who? (K)

Still reports going round that aggers on his way.. hope it's not the case, but can't complain if we're getting 27million for a 27 year old who's a bit injury prone.

we will not get 27mil,

reports say bids have been 13 and 16m ... they wont go to 27mil

I think Agger shouldn't be sold although he is only fit to play half our games with the exception of Skrtel no CB in our team is close to his level of quality. Agger will also fit into the Rodgers philosophy well.

Who? (K)

There's always one who never quite gets there.

Heard Liverpool were holding out for 22. Take that and run.

Yea what i heard aswell,

I'd rather keep him, we want our best players to stay we've sold enough in seasons gone by, reason why we have declined so much.

Yea what i heard aswell,

I'd rather keep him, we want our best players to stay we've sold enough in seasons gone by, reason why we have declined so much.

But how good is he if he can only play half your league games, and arguably a 1/3 of your entire season.

If I had suitable replacements lined up, I'm not sure I would.

Im just sceptical after we sold Alonso, Masch, Torres... we apparently had people lined up for them, and it made us half the team we were buying mediocre players to replace them

Back