The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Haha no... Your missing the point. Sahin is an excellent player, all I am saying is that isn't it better you focus on integrating Allen into the team as opposed to Sahin this season as Allen will likely form a large part of the future of your club inlike Sahin
If we make the CL he could join.

Haha no... Your missing the point. Sahin is an excellent player, all I am saying is that isn't it better you focus on integrating Allen into the team as opposed to Sahin this season as Allen will likely form a large part of the future of your club inlike Sahin

I fully get the point but it makes no sense since Gerrard is ageing and if one players gets an injury no quality to step in..your just assuming he will come in and be our no.1 midfielder and everyone will make way,

its purely adding talent to a good first team, squad depth, its what you need to challenge.. surely being a chelsea fan you should know that more than anyone with the massive options you have in many positions..

Seasons are about the better squad and bringing in a quality player like sahin will only improve the squad

Hardly building our midfield around Sahin.. Just another excellent option for our midfield. Not exactly like Gerrard will play 50 games.

Sorry not building the midfield around Sahin but obviously most of the play will go through him due to his natural abilities

So to follow up the youtube video you give facts from FIFA? Hilarious.

His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling. The area he needs to work on - if the football console is to be believed - is slide tackling, at which they rate him 24/100.

Love how no one seen Assaidi coming, not ITK's, not journo's, no one. From what people have gathered, he's a pacy winger, very two footed and direct. Bit selfish too. We've not had a proper winger in a long time. Those saying 'bargain basement shopping' etc, well he only had a year on his contract so we got him cheap. Looks good.

Love how no one seen Assaidi coming, not ITK's, not journo's, no one. From what people have gathered, he's a pacy winger, very two footed and direct. Bit selfish too. We've not had a proper winger in a long time. Those saying 'bargain basement shopping' etc, well he only had a year on his contract so we got him cheap. Looks good.

It was under the radar, good business by Liverpool, type of player that would fit Rodgers system well. I am still interested in the Sahin situation though, any updates on this?

It was under the radar, good business by Liverpool, type of player that would fit Rodgers system well. I am still interested in the Sahin situation though, any updates on this?

No official update but the word is he wants Arsenal
move now Song seems set to move

Meh, if he doesn't want to come here, then I wouldn't bother. Not like we desperately need him, he is quality, and if he signed it'd be great but it's not a necessity.

Agreed, or at a ridiculous price, can see him going everton personally

He'd be welcome here, we could certainly do with some extra punch down the right as we're too defensive down that flank with Hibbo and Seamus, but considering we're probably getting Mirallas and we've taken Niang on trial, I'm not sure we're gonna be left with much money to spend on Johnson, even if it's a loan, due to his likely-to-be high wages.

Pep Segura has left Liverpool. From proposed Technical Director to gone in 2 months. Interesting.

Borini £30,000-a-week, Allen £45,000-a-week & Assaidi £21,000-a-week. All less than Aquilani's £100,000-a-week.

according to a liverpool page..

Shows how we're trying to go about things now, after a few awful years in the market

Last edited:
Big day's here!

Reina;Johnson, Skrtel, Dagger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard, Allen; Downing, Suarez, Borini please. We should kick WBA in the ****.

Big day's here!

Reina;Johnson, Skrtel, Dagger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard, Allen; Downing, Suarez, Borini please. We should kick WBA in the ****.

Will be watching... Good to have football back. Hope Borini and Lukaku do well

Back