The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
you'll do well to finish in Europa league places this season, no way getting top 4

Honestly if we get our **** together, I see no major reason why we can't challenge Arsenal and Spurs for the top 4. Oh N'castle too. Arsenal have weakened, and so have Spurs. Sure, massive task, but it's possible

Honestly if we get our **** together, I see no major reason why we can't challenge Arsenal and Spurs for the top 4. Oh N'castle too. Arsenal have weakened, and so have Spurs. Sure, massive task, but it's possible
I'd say Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle are all easily ahead of you for 4th place. Sure it's possible but its highly unlikely

To put the reported 5 million fee into perspective, that's just more than Joe Cole will earn in that time

I don't get what you mean though, as you're paying Sahin's wages too. So it's a 5m fee plus his 110k wages, which for a year is about 10m.

Talking to a couple people (both liverpool fans) saying fee is only £2 mill and the £5 mill rumours are being made my Arsenal fans. Reputable source for £5 mill fee?

What what I understand, Sid Lowe, the Guardian's spanish football reporter.

Talking to a couple people (both liverpool fans) saying fee is only £2 mill and the £5 mill rumours are being made my Arsenal fans. Reputable source for £5 mill fee?

I read that we have paid 2mil and are paying around 50 to 60% of his wages taking the total deal (wages and fee) to 5 mil.

So what if we offered of 2 or 3 million more? We beat a rival to a quality player.. Definitely worth it.

Also who's to say we actually paid more than what was asked? Seems to me like bitterness from embarrassed ITK's.

What is ITK? And I doubt it's bitterness, do you not think the Arsenal fans have got used to not paying overboard for anybody regardless of how good they are? It's more trying to understand whether 10m outlay for a year on a player you arn't keeping is good business or just more wastefulness. It will be if you get a CL spot, otherwise it won't be - that much is obvious and we can make that judgement at the end of the season.

I will say though, that Sahin with Borini and Suarez ahead should prove for some great stuff to watch!

Best Liverpool signing of the latest years.

Spending around 110 milllion on Carroll, Henderson, Adam, Downing and Joe Allen... With this kind of money , with other signings... Oh well, let's hope Pool can kick it up a notch this year and finish top 4, but won't be easy.

Sorry but Joe Allen is a better signing than Sahin. He's a dreamboat.

From both Ballague and Lowe. Liverpool are paying 100k of his 115k wages.

From both Ballague and Lowe. Liverpool are paying 100k of his 115k wages.
linked the guy who thought it was only £2 mill fee to the twitter page for Ballague, he still said that he would only believe it when he saw it on Sky or BBC

Big match tomorrow, Enrique should be back. Lucas must stay very close to Toure again, like last year, and we must keep possession how we want to, and not let them dictate it. Allen's pass completion so far is very impressive, hopefully he might be the catalyst in keeping it tomorrow. Afterall, you can't score if you don't have the ball.

One of those rare occaissions, where for an hour and a half I'll be supporting Liverpool and hoping they stick it to Mancini....

Sterling looks decent so far. Pacey little player. Why's Carroll not playing ?

Back