The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well, as other have said I'll echo the same sentiments, tons of positives to take from the game if we ignore the two daft mistakes made for their goals. Good passing, good movement, even good link up play and signs that can improve further from the front three. Nice to see Kelly, Shelvey and Sterling getting game time, as well as a dictating performance from Allen. That's a good young base to build from there.

Dunno if this has been overlooked by anyone, but Reina doesn't look his usual self so far, flapping a bit wildly at times.

Quite hilarious really. Kelly had a great chest down for Toure's goal, and Skrtel with a great through ball for Tevez...

Good news for Lpool though is Allen and Shelvey look good together, it'll be a shame to drop Shelvey for Sahin as he's been everywhere chasing down today.

I don't think that it'll be much of a shame.

He's still not matured enough to be playing every week. Certainly not playing in this style. His ball control & average first touch really stunted our fast passing game at times. He done very well under the circumstances & he'll be brilliant for us once he's at the right level for us. But for now I'm pleased we have someone like Sahin coming into the squad.

both of whom are nothing more than your average no nothing journo.

it might be true, but there is no proof.
When it comes to Spain, Sid Lowe is a **** of a lot more than a "know nothing journo". To call him such in those terms is short sighted. One of the few who is consistently accurate and credible. Bizarre that people will listen to every "ITK" under the sun, but not one of the few genuinely knowledgable and credible Spain-based journalists.

Last edited:
when it comes to Spain Lowe is a **** of a lot more than no nothing journo. To call him such in those terms is short sighted. One of the few who is consistently accurate and credible. Bizarre that people will listen to every Itk under the sun, but not one of the few knowledgable and credible Spanish journalists

ITKs Mike - Do not underestimate.

when it comes to Spain Lowe is a **** of a lot more than no nothing journo. To call him such in those terms is short sighted. One of the few who is consistently accurate and credible. Bizarre that people will listen to every Itk under the sun, but not one of the few knowledgable and credible Spain-based journalists

Lies! xxxliverpoolinsiderbestITKevahxxx said it was 500k and Madrid paid all of his wages!

Since I went to the match, people watching on TV, was the ref as much of a **** as I thought he was? He seemed to give City most 50/50's, missed a few good penalty shouts, especially Johnson's, and that tackle late on, on Sterling was a bit bad looking. Ref's seem to be giving Suarez bookings for claiming fouls, whilst awful tackles get off unbooked.

Since I went to the match, people watching on TV, was the ref as much of a **** as I thought he was? He seemed to give City most 50/50's, missed a few good penalty shouts, especially Johnson's, and that tackle late on, on Sterling was a bit bad looking. Ref's seem to be giving Suarez bookings for claiming fouls, whilst awful tackles get off unbooked.

Nope, referee was good, very even handed, he actually was lenient to both sides. No one was booked for tackles even though there could have been bookings on both sides. Suarez was booked for dissent. Need to be a bit less one eyed. Liverpool only got two more fouls against them than City.

Last edited:
Sterling looked very good for a 17 year-old playing against the League Champions. Kolo Toure did not know what to do with him sometimes... Put in a brilliant cross only for Borini to muck it up. Think he is going to be a class player if he keeps going this way. Deserves to play much more than Stewart Downing

Anyone else think it should be Carroll on the end of those crosses, not Borini? Nothing against Borini, just think Sterling could be the player to revive our record signing!

No Carroll's too immobile to be used on Rodgers' system. I don't know why people don't understand this, Borini and Suarez constantly swapped positions yesterday, Carroll would never do that. My other annoyance of him, is I don't know if it's the management telling him for the last few years or not, but he spends too much time outside the box, when its clear he's a bad link up player. Get in the box Andy.

anyone think we'll sign Dempsey before Friday? I do

anyone think we'll sign Dempsey before Friday? I do

I really hope we do, he's another option to play on the right wing instead of Downing. He could also be great to rotate with Borini and Suárez because it would make all 3 of them near impossible to man mark. Would be a great addition to the squad.

Right, Macca said 90% Carroll will go for an undisclosed fee, and rodgers wants Dempsey, but the owners less keen due to age. He's the only itk that is reliable. Seriously, check his history. Got Rodgers, Borini, Allen, Sahin, line-ups' etc all correct. Knew sterling was starting yesterday at noon etc.

Right, Macca said 90% Carroll will go for an undisclosed fee, and rodgers wants Dempsey, but the owners less keen due to age. He's the only itk that is reliable. Seriously, check his history. Got Rodgers, Borini, Allen, Sahin, line-ups' etc all correct. Knew sterling was starting yesterday at noon etc.

It's more about what they get wrong than what they get right.

What a prospect Sterling is for England, was cracking against Manchester City, with the right nurturing and development he looks the real deal and could be a real class act.

[video=youtube;yfsh6XKh95U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsh6XKh95U&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Back