The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Be more inclined to think Dempsey. Stories saying that Walcott and Wenger have agreed a short term deal in which he won't be sold this window

As would I and to be honest id prefer Dempsey over Walcott any day, maybe Walcott in a cut price deal in January or free at the end of the season

Adam for £5 mil? Eesh. Ripping off Stoke a tad, there.
To be fair, I think he would do well at Stoke if he goes there. To even get him off the wage bill would make me happy as he looks like he will be confined to the bench this season.

Theres also a rumour about a possible West Ham bid for Carroll but to be honest i doubt that would happen and theres no credible sources for it. However you cant rule anything out in modern football

It seems as if all the Walcott to Liverpool transfer stories have originated because of his refusal to sign a contract and because he is supposedly a massive LFC fan. Doubt their is real interest tbh and no offence, but I can't see Walcott moving from Arsenal to Liverpool.

Apparently he wants higher wages at Arsenal, more than 70k p/w which I doubt Liverpool will be willing to pay. Arsenal are also in the CL and in my opinion, have a team as good as Liverpool's. Just can't see it happening

It seems as if all the Walcott to Liverpool transfer stories have originated because of his refusal to sign a contract and because he is supposedly a massive LFC fan. Doubt their is real interest tbh and no offence, but I can't see Walcott moving from Arsenal to Liverpool.

Apparently he wants higher wages at Arsenal, more than 70k p/w which I doubt Liverpool will be willing to pay. Arsenal are also in the CL and in my opinion, have a team as good as Liverpool's. Just can't see it happening

[video=youtube;0RfyRAwzgQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfyRAwzgQo&feature=g-hist[/video]

Watch from 2:55.
I think 3:20 says it all :)

Although I agree with what you say about the wages and was thinking that myself.

One thing I would say about this whole Walcott thing is I can see him going for free at the end of the season, I'm not buying into this short term agreement malarky, I think there has been a bust up between the agent and the club behind the scenes.

So who knows, we might have to wait for longer but maybe we'll nab him for nowt.

We've signed some young chap called Samed Yesil from Leverkusen, seems highly rated, Leverkusen fans are ****** he's only cost a million pounds. for their u-19's last year, 23 appearances (22 starts) • 19 goals • 5 assists. Scored 2 hat-tricks, too.

We've signed some young chap called Samed Yesil from Leverkusen, seems highly rated, Leverkusen fans are ****** he's only cost a million pounds. for their u-19's last year, 23 appearances (22 starts) • 19 goals • 5 assists. Scored 2 hat-tricks, too.

Well, he's good-ish ingame, if that's anything to go by...

[video=youtube;0RfyRAwzgQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfyRAwzgQo&feature=g-hist[/video]

Watch from 2:55.
I think 3:20 says it all :)

Although I agree with what you say about the wages and was thinking that myself.

Well he gave a standard answer and made a joke.... Hard to read too much into these things tbh but I would not put money on Walcott moving from Arsenal to Liverpool just to receive minimally higher wages if at all at a club that would be a step-down in the short-term (Not in the CL)

Personally I think Rodgers is showing very poor man management here. Making it public Carroll has no future at the club-repeatedly? As good as a manager I think he is, he's going about this totally the wrong way. There's things you should simply not do.

Personally I think Rodgers is showing very poor man management here. Making it public Carroll has no future at the club-repeatedly? As good as a manager I think he is, he's going about this totally the wrong way. There's things you should simply not do.

I don't think he's ever done that? Every time I have seen him talk about Carroll he has said he could still have a future at the club. It's just the media trying to make **** up to write articles.

I don't think he's ever done that? Every time I have seen him talk about Carroll he has said he could still have a future at the club. It's just the media trying to make **** up to write articles.

Well one of the things he did say was he was a £35 million player who is a 3rd choice striker. That's just not on tbh

Well one of the things he did say was he was a £35 million player who is a 3rd choice striker. That's just not on tbh

Surely he shouldn't be getting picked on his price tag?

Borini is a good player but seriously many are forgetting what a excellent player Carroll is

I seriously think he's making a mistake. First he's keeping him, now he's not. Feel sorry for Andy right now as he's stuck in limbo and facing the prospect of being a bench warmer. Such an incredible waste if that happens-he was finding his form last season

I seriously think he's making a mistake. First he's keeping him, now he's not. Feel sorry for Andy right now as he's stuck in limbo and facing the prospect of being a bench warmer. Such an incredible waste if that happens-he was finding his form last season

Not his fault as well. Liverpool offered crazy money for him as they were desperate for a striker. Newcastle were never going to turn down such a offer and basically pushed Carroll out of the door in mid-season when he was in excellent form.

Then as soon as Carroll came to Liverpool he has been burdened by that price-tag. Feel sorry for the lad. He has given his best for a situation that was not his fault and his career is in a limbo. I would be very happy if Chelsea take him tbh as long as the price is fair. Will give us a competent back-up Striker who adds a different dimension to our attack

Rumour has it, West Ham back in for him. 17 million after a year if they stay up and a small fee immediately. They must think he'll have changed his feelings on wh.

Not his fault as well. Liverpool offered crazy money for him as they were desperate for a striker. Newcastle were never going to turn down such a offer and basically pushed Carroll out of the door in mid-season when he was in excellent form.

Then as soon as Carroll came to Liverpool he has been burdened by that price-tag. Feel sorry for the lad. He has given his best for a situation that was not his fault and his career is in a limbo. I would be very happy if Chelsea take him tbh as long as the price is fair. Will give us a competent back-up Striker who adds a different dimension to our attack

Nail smacked firmly on head.

If only he hadn't of gone to Liverpool-could've thought about making a bid or a loan bid for him. He badly needs to leave to get football, and more importantly, get his head right with regular starts to boost his bid for international football

Rumour has it, West Ham back in for him. 17 million after a year if they stay up and a small fee immediately. They must think he'll have changed his feelings on wh.

I thought West Ham had pretty much spent the money they put aside for Carroll?

Nail smacked firmly on head.

If only he hadn't of gone to Liverpool-could've thought about making a bid or a loan bid for him. He badly needs to leave to get football, and more importantly, get his head right with regular starts to boost his bid for international football

Same thing happened with Torres initially although it seems like Chelsea have partly solved that by ensuring him he is our main striker this season

I don't blame Rodgers though... He never bought Carroll. He is well within his rights to decide who suits his system or not. I just feel sorry for Carroll. Hope he gets a move before the window shuts

Carroll should only be thinking about himself right now, not as if the club is being too loyal to him right now.

Back