The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
damiao got speed and better technique
carroll doesn't suit this new style Rodgers is bringing.

damiao got speed and better technique
carroll doesn't suit this new style Rodgers is bringing.
Carroll has more brute force. I think Carroll could do well with Enrique and Johnson whipping in crosses for him. Although I rate Carroll quite highly but I don't see the point of signing a target man when you've already got one who is just as good but weaker in speed and technique. If you want Speed and technique you don't sign a target man that is in the middle of every world, you sign a poacher or trequartista.

Shame Damiao deal isn't real

I'm getting very pessimistic we won't sign anyone or just Dempsey.

With Sturridge on the bench tonight and us seeming reluctant to just meet Dempsey's valuation.. getting slightly worried with only 3 hours left

I also don't get this speculation about Damiao if Rodgers wanted a someone who poses an aerial threat why not keep Carroll as he is one of the largest aerial threats in the league.

damiao is alot better with the ball at his feet that Carroll.. is more mobile and alot better suited to the style that Carroll

damiao is alot better with the ball at his feet that Carroll.. is more mobile and alot better suited to the style that Carroll
I know Damiao is better in that respect but why go for something in the middle if we can go straight to the side we need, an out and out goalscorer.

Shame Damiao deal isn't real

I'm getting very pessimistic we won't sign anyone or just Dempsey.

Well, "just Dempsey" wouldn't be bad for you lot. Hate to say it but your squad looks pretty great on paper, and aside from Reina and Gerrard who are both past their best (which doesn't mean they're bad) it's a young squad, too. Dempsey may not be young but he's just peaked and may give you a good couple of seasons.

We need at least two players..

we have to buy an out and out striker.. Suarez will miss alot before he scores and Borini is being player as a wide forward and not a natural one

Dempsey and one more

We need at least two players..

we have to buy an out and out striker.. Suarez will miss alot before he scores and Borini is being player as a wide forward and not a natural one

Dempsey and one more

Well that's the thing with Borini, he is an out and out stirker, he's just not being played as one.

Quite Frankly if we sign nobody tonight i seriously expect us to be 7th or 8th

shocking to sell this many and not replace them

liverpool not to get any one now what the club during if Luis Suarez gets injured were are screwed.

So Rodgers said recently he needs a minimum of three strikers. Yesterday we loaned our third striker, and now we're not signing anyone. 4 million we offered, they want 8 so we tried putting about 4 players in the deal, overall. Are we really that bad off we can't sign a necessary player for an extra four ******* million?

I've been defending FSG so far. But what a ******* stupid move. They expect us to finish in the top 4, too. ******* joke. We have one striker who can't score, and another who's had two games at this club.

So Rodgers said recently he needs a minimum of three strikers. Yesterday we loaned our third striker, and now we're not signing anyone. 4 million we offered, they want 8 so we tried putting about 4 players in the deal, overall. Are we really that bad off we can't sign a necessary player for an extra four ******* million?

I've been defending FSG so far. But what a ******* stupid move. They expect us to finish in the top 4, too. ******* joke. We have one striker who can't score, and another who's had two games at this club.

This isnt FSG. This is the result of Dalglish and Comolli spending far too much money last season. Fair enough that Rodgers doesn't want to use those players, but they are not going to magic up money from nowhere. Your wage bill is too high, the players have to go before they buy.

Last edited:
I don't see the point in loaning out Carroll if we aren't going to replace him...

Back