The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't see the point in loaning out Carroll if we aren't going to replace him...

He wouldn't have done it unless he was absolutely sure he would have had the cash available. Seems he was made a false promise

This isnt FSG. This is the result of Dalglish and Comolli spending far too much money last season. Fair enough that Rodgers doesn't want to use those players, but they are not going to magic up money from nowhere. Your wage bill is too high, the players have to go before they buy.

Understandable. But Kuyt, Bellamy, Adam, Spearing (sort of), Carroll, Maxi, soon to be Pacheco and Ecclestone too. That's like 400-450K wages saved.
Sahin, Borini, Aissati, and Allen have came in. Other than Sahin, the rest aren't on massive wages. Somewhere between 200-250K wages.

So 200K wages saved a week, and yet we cannot sign a striker when it's painfully obvious that we NEED one. We have Suarez, Borini, and ... Morgan...That's it. It's clear we have our targets we wanted, one fell through because we refused to stump up, what 3 million pounds in a fee.

Our whole setup is rotten, from top to bottom.

To think, FSG expect us to get top 4 this year. Hah.

Understandable. But Kuyt, Bellamy, Adam, Spearing (sort of), Carroll, Maxi, soon to be Pacheco and Ecclestone too. That's like 400-450K wages saved.
Sahin, Borini, Aissati, and Allen have came in. Other than Sahin, the rest aren't on massive wages. Somewhere between 200-250K wages.

So 200K wages saved a week, and yet we cannot sign a striker when it's painfully obvious that we NEED one. We have Suarez, Borini, and ... Morgan...That's it. It's clear we have our targets we wanted, one fell through because we refused to stump up, what 3 million pounds in a fee.

totally agree, unless something changes we are in serious trouble

we have such a poor lack of squad depth its worrying, considering we are in 4 comps this year, if people get tired or injured we have no-one but youth to come in.

the last 2-3 years have been embarrassing for the club in the transfer window.

Wonder if Owen is staring at his phone intently.............

We're not struggling in getting rid of players, though. Pacheco and Ecclestone are both leaving.

That confirmed? All I've heard so far he was seen at Spurs lodge

Here is some shock news as Tottenham Hotspur pull another surprise on deadline day. Sky Sports sources understand Clint Dempsey has signed for the White Hart Lane club

I don't think you realise how badly Dalglish and Comolli screwed up. They effectively spent this years budget as well as last years. FSG backed them to the hilt, but D and C didn't work well with each other and Liverpool are paying for it. Coupled with fact that you couldn't offload these players, and there you go. Instead of putting the blame on the owners who are working to within a budget, should be looking at the the club legend and former chief.

And FSG didnt set a target this year, but Rodgers wants top 4.

Last edited:
I don't think you realise how badly Dalglish and Comolli screwed up. They effectively spent this years budget as well as last years. FSG backed them to the hilt, but D and C didn't work well with each other and Liverpool are paying for it. Coupled with fact that you couldn't offload these players, and there you go. Instead of putting the blame on the owners who are working to within a budget, should be looking at the the club legend and former chief.

And FSG didnt set a target this year, but Rodgers wants top 4.

i agree about Comolli and Dalglish, they screwed up big time, its like everyone in the world could see how awful the fee's were we paid

and if we get 4th with this squad i will eat my own hand, wont happen.
with Owen we might get regulated i do not want that traitor.

without owen we might get relegated haha

if we dont get someone in, its worth the gamble

Kenny and Comolli massively ****** up, but both are gone now, so I can't really blame them.

Kenny and Comolli massively ****** up, but both are gone now, so I can't really blame them.

FSG are businessmen, not a sugar daddy. Their only 'mistake' was giving Dalglish and Commolli free reign. The blame lies squarely with them. If it was anyone but Kenny, I'm sure you'd still blame them.

with Owen we might get regulated i do not want that traitor.

You'll soon change your tune if he got 3 goals in 2 games would you not? You have no choice on who to bring in-you need a striker urgently, no matter who it is (but obviously to the standards of PL). Suarez is not a 25 goal a season player. Yes he scores goals, but he also misses a lot of chances- and if he got injured you'd be absolutely screwed.

Fee reported for the Dempsey deal is just 6m. If true then it's pretty baffling from Liverpool.

Back