The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It's nice how Ian Ayre stayed and tried to fight for a striker coming in.

Oh.
All the more ammunition to prove he's a shithouse.

ESPN reporting Fulham wanted more more from Liverpool than tottenham and villa.

thats ****** me off even more

owen can score 20 i still call a traitor when he said "I would like to say a special thank you for being given the opportunity to play for the best team in the world."concoction of Galacticos to win "big trophies and he could have come back but instead choose newcastle.

I would take Owen right now :/ Can we really not afford an extra £3m for Dempsey. FFS.

as much as i hate to say it, with the current squad.. at least 7 teams are stronger than us

United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Everton

really is depressing

Okay I understand everyone, including me, is ****** that we didn't sign any more players, but what's with all the negativity?

Let's be positive here, we have brought in some very promising players.

Allen has been brilliant (although it's still early days) and I would say has already showed why he is worth £15mil. Sahin is a world class midfielder and will hopefully work wonders this season. These two have undoubtedly improved our midfield significantly.

Along with that we have signed Assaidi who looks like a very skillfull winger and who knows how he'll do? He could end up being a very good player and supply Suarez and Borini with lots of assists. Also don't forget we signed Samed Yesil, a very promising striker who may very well come in and score some important goals for us. At £1mil it looks like this signing could be a brilliant signing!

Don't forget the talent we have coming through our ranks as well like Sterling, Suso, Morgan and co.

Also don't forget about our new world class left back Downing :P

Tl;dr: Cheer up and look at the positives!

hate to say it, but i cant see an argument against it..

Well, it's still possible you can have a good season. When we were flat out broke and had a thread bare squad, with a striker who was one knock away from having a career-ending injury, we still had very good runs-and still wreaked havoc with Man Utd, Chelsea and beat a so-called "massive" club called Man City. So if we can do it, maybe Liverpool can aswell.

I guess our first 11 is still pretty strong.... Let's just hope we don't get any injuries at all this year.. Hmmm.

No idea why we got rid of Carroll, West Ham got themselves a great deal. :/

as much as i hate to say it, with the current squad.. at least 7 teams are stronger than us

United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Everton

really is depressing

Everton? Hmm, they have a good squad but I don't think it's a squad that will challenge for Europe, more like the best of the rest. Will be interesting to see how Newcastle do, personally don't think they will replicate last years form.

I guess our first 11 is still pretty strong.... Let's just hope we don't get any injuries at all this year.. Hmmm.

We're pretty good at minimizing injuries. I think it was us and Manchester City with the lowest days injured last season, most of which was Lucas. But then again we didn't have to travel to Russia for a pointless match last season.

imo, this window looks good overall and I think there will be more signings in the winter window.

No idea why we got rid of Carroll, West Ham got themselves a great deal. :/

Everton? Hmm, they have a good squad but I don't think it's a squad that will challenge for Europe, more like the best of the rest. Will be interesting to see how Newcastle do, personally don't think they will replicate last years form.

We're pretty good at minimizing injuries. I think it was us and Manchester City with the lowest days injured last season, most of which was Lucas. But then again we didn't have to travel to Russia for a pointless match last season.

hope it will give the youngsters a chance to show what they can do... but with only 17 senior players and being in 4 competitions we cannot really afford to have any injuries.

i agree our starting line up is strong, its just the rest that isant.. we really did need another winger/striker.. one at least

The positive for Liverpool is certainly midfield options, but the Lucas injury puts paid to what, on paper, could have been up there with the best in the league.

Allen - Lucas - Sahin, or a combination of the three would lessen past reliability on an Gerrard on an obvious decline.

Who will feature for Lucas until his return?

Back