The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Drogba said he wouldn't sign for another English team.

Drogba's a free agent right now. He was released by his club.

Maybe Liverpool will have a look at signing him :) Wouldn't be a bad signing IMO

Anelka has also apparently been released too, get them both, we need all the strikers we can get haha XD

Drogba's a free agent right now. He was released by his club.

Maybe Liverpool will have a look at signing him :) Wouldn't be a bad signing IMO

Dont believe anything you hear.
Drogba slams 'nonsense' reports | Irish Examiner
Sorry for the lack of a better source but the Examiner wont run a story unless its credible...

Personally I think Drogba is a douche, hes a good douche but a douche none the less and wouldnt welcome him to our club

I think everyone forgot the europa league draw yesterday .
We've got Udinese, Young Boys and Anzhi Makhachkala.
Quite a hard group as Anzhi obviously have Eto'o, I think Udinese finished 3rd or 4th last year in Serie A and didn't young boys beat tottenham at home a year or 2 ago.

Personally I think Drogba is a douche, hes a good douche but a douche none the less and wouldnt welcome him to our club

You have Suarez and - I assume - want to keep him, and Drogba is nowhere near as bad as him.

Would it matter if he scored the goals? Suarez is no angel after all..

Personal opinion... It would matter to me. Id prefer not to have him in the team. Theres players that some people dont like and Drogba is one of those people for me.
Even if he fired us into the top 4 I still wouldnt respect him purely for his unsporting attitude in sport

Personal opinion... It would matter to me. Id prefer not to have him in the team. Theres players that some people dont like and Drogba is one of those people for me.
Even if he fired us into the top 4 I still wouldnt respect him purely for his unsporting attitude in sport

Well with respect, that would apply to Suarez to? I know he's loaded with talent, but I'd never want to see his kind in an Everton shirt or any shirt for that matter. Talented or not

Well with respect, that would apply to Suarez to? I know he's loaded with talent, but I'd never want to see his kind in an Everton shirt or any shirt for that matter. Talented or not

Oh I know Suarez can be unsporting too. I think its more the fact that Iv been watching Drogba the last few years as an opposition fan where as Suarez was one of us. Hard to explain really.

Oh I know Suarez can be unsporting too. I think its more the fact that Iv been watching Drogba the last few years as an opposition fan where as Suarez was one of us. Hard to explain really.

Well tbh Drogba's, at times, rather pitiful playacting, with Suarez's rather pitiful playacting aswell (I won't even go into the other subject as it will just stir up a hornets nest thats been done to death), they can be, pretty much, be as bad as each other-on the pitch. Either way, both immensley talented, but as bad as each other. Both equally guilty.

And I'm saying it from a footballing perspective, not as an Everton fan. I've hated what both have done on the pitch.

Actually it's pretty easy to explain, it's called bias. Just like FDR said "Somoza is a son of a *****, but he's our son of a *****", well, Suarez is a ****, but he's your ****. I'm not going to crucify you for it, even if I disagree with you. We're all biased (some more than others) after all, whether we like to admit it or not.

**** Diouf is the king of all *****, but now he's our **** and hes decent so I don't care. Just like Warnock is a bit of a ****, still a good manager for us so doesn't matter

See that's what I just don't understand. When a player can be a complete and utter **** but the fans turn a blind eye because he's a fantastic player, or can make a season better for their club. I just couldn't do it-I'd just be too ashamed. Am I out of touch or something?

See that's what I just don't understand. When a player can be a complete and utter **** but the fans turn a blind eye because he's a fantastic player, or can make a season better for their club. I just couldn't do it-I'd just be too ashamed. Am I out of touch or something?

Nope, but you're in the Liverpool thread, they've been defending this clown for 18 months, they're not gonna stop now...

ITT everyone uses the word ****, apart from ajt because he was brought up in Victorian times when such words were not used in good company.

Actually it's pretty easy to explain, it's called bias. Just like FDR said "Somoza is a son of a *****, but he's our son of a *****", well, Suarez is a ****, but he's your ****. I'm not going to crucify you for it, even if I disagree with you. We're all biased (some more than others) after all, whether we like to admit it or not.

**** Diouf is the king of all *****, but now he's our **** and hes decent so I don't care. Just like Warnock is a bit of a ****, still a good manager for us so doesn't matter

Agreed with all. A ****** is a ******. If you want to take such a moral stance on a player as to say "I wouldn't want him near my club" - which, for my money is a ridiculous enough thing for anyone to say anyway, considering the fact that a player's off-pitch personality shouldn't make too much difference to his on-pitch ability, and as sports fans and not gossip column merchants we should only really care how well they play - then you should at least have the integrity to maintain that stance across the board, and not give special treatment to players just because they play for your team.

In fact, even that last bit is flawed, since it has been said in this thread that Drogba wouldn't be liked anywhere near as much as Suarez EVEN IF he played for Liverpool, which not only breaks down the last few splinters of logic remaining in the argument but also displays a breathtakingly backwards approach to football itself.

Nope, but you're in the Liverpool thread, they've been defending this clown for 18 months, they're not gonna stop now...

and its the same with every team, most teams have that one player thats a complete *******... but their own fans will always stick up for them, there is no difference with Liverpool and Suarez, as there is with Drogba and Chelsea or Pepe and Madrid ETC..

True. I know not all Liverpool fans support what he's done and are quite ashamed, I still find it astonishing his type get support from anyone. But it's not just Suarez. It's pretty much any player in his ilk. I mean, yeah great-the player could single handedly bring a team big success, but not for me. I've already made my feelings clear in the past when Everton players have tried to cheat to influence a result. When Jelavic tried diving, as did Drenthe, to try to get undeserved free kicks. Obviously what they did wasn't as bad as what Drogba and Suarez or whatever tried, but still.

And Godcubed-you're such an ageist **** XD

Last edited:
and its the same with every team, most teams have that one player thats a complete *******... but their own fans will always stick up for them, there is no difference with Liverpool and Suarez, as there is with Drogba and Chelsea or Pepe and Madrid ETC..

And Rooney for United :)

Suarez is a bigger **** than most though.

At least Drigba generally only dived every 2 minutes, he didn't bite peoples faces.

Back