The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hmmm, more neck for me but yes agreed it wasn't face.

This is why I'm glad in a way Rodgers is now manager. Maybe he can stop all this happening, especially with the derby not really that far away (taking into account the international break). He seems the sort of manager who can instill some discipline into players and get rid of all the bad stuff on the pitch. I'd hate to see a repeat of the last derby when Rodwell was sent off because of a undeserved yellow.

Well I agree with all the goings on. I wont try defend Suarez because its impossible to defend the lad. It does all come down to bias and like people said he is our "****" so thats why i wont hold it against him. Every now and then players come along that stir things up, their own fans love them and everybody else hates them. Its the lay of the land.

Take 2 examples of said individuals. Roy Keane and Eric Cantona.(Before any bashing goes on let me state I idolised both players). Roy Keane was a Man U and Ireland legend but he was also a bollix. When he lunged at Alfe Inge Halland it shows how violent he could be and he showed no remorse for it either. Cantona I idolised as a youngster and the player who got me interested in soccer. I was a closet united fan when he was in his prime but once he retired I stopped following the team and for the past 15 years iv been a Red. Cantona had the infamous Kung Fu kick which is the dirtiest thing a footballer has ever done. Both players idolised by United but despised across pretty much the rest of England.

Every team has some kind of controversial player and generally they are some of the most talented players out there. Theres no way of justifying what a player does as most of us have some kind of biased opinion.

I have a question.
Why is Suarez taking the free-kicks? Shouldn't it be Gerrard?

It really is basic play, we cannot string passes together in advanced areas, and the first touches of players are awful

Dammit. Podolski and Cazorla are genuinely the only players that scare me in this Arsenal team and unfortunately they both just did what they're best at.

This season is going to be a very embarrasing one for the club.. and im not over exagerrating

When Suarez dont play well we have no-one.. Gerrard looks past it with every game he plays

and the usually reliable Reina is making mistake after mistake.. best we can hope for is around mid table

Liverpool better not fire rodgers for this form in jan seriously.They better find a winger and keeper now.

We have been impressive in the centre of the pitch. However we have no end game. We need another striker purely to give us more options up front. Gerrard hasnt been playing well today and the 2nd goal was just a howler from Reina. Iv said the same last season, Reina is over rated and has made a lot of mistakes in the past 18 months.

What kind of strikers are free to move? I know Michael Owen is and I know most people wouldnt welcome him back but we really need an option up front. Borini was poor today and we cant put all the responsability on Suarez.

Hopefully the players are just finding their feet and we will pick up our form...

What kind of strikers are free to move? I know Michael Owen is and I know most people wouldnt welcome him back but we really need an option up front. Borini was poor today and we cant put all the responsability on Suarez.

Heskey? :P

Awful so far, really awful performance. I was the first one to highlight it a few pages back in this thread but Reina is really, really worrying me this season, doesn't look confident at all. I'm adamant this Arsenal side is not good enough to get into the top four this season, and they're making us look very poor so I'm a very worried fan right now.

Sterling gives me hope though, but we need to step up our game very very quickly.

Re signing Owen: I think he is well past it, but due to our lack of strikers, I'd sign a striker from league one right now i think we're that short.

Re signing Owen: I think he is well past it, but due to our lack of strikers, I'd sign a striker from league one right now i think we're that short.

Oh I agree that he is well past his prime but we need a striker who can take some of the pressure off Suarez. Would Liverpool fans welcome him back though?

Oh I agree that he is well past his prime but we need a striker who can take some of the pressure off Suarez. Would Liverpool fans welcome him back though?

i think Liverpool would welcome any striker right now!

Even if we put Morgan on the bench.. just someone

Back