The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
well technically Borini is a striker but he's already on the pitch!

I wouldn't welcome Owen back... I'd grudgingly accept it though. Wouldn't think of him as an ex-icon/Judas more of just a necessity right now.

i think Liverpool would welcome any striker right now!

Even if we put Morgan on the bench.. just someone

Im also thinking of Pacheco or put Yesil on the bench along with Morgan. The youth options are there but we realy need somebody with more experience I think.

[h=6]From the Times: "FSG also believe it important to keep funds back to offer the option of making Nuri Sahin’s signing permanent"[/h]

No point if we dont start winning games, he wont want to stay. And before the bashing goes on I dont think Dempsey signing would have made a terrible difference. If he signed he would most likely be used out wide rather than up front and he wouldnt guarantee 20 goals. I was partly hoping we could convince somebody like Huntelaar to come to us. We need a top striker with good finishing ability

You bought Borini for that though. Where exactly are the funds coming from for a "top striker", and why would he want to sign? Surely Dempsey was meant to go on the wing and allow Borini to be pushed more central to poach. Considering how much money he went for in the end, I'd say he would have been better value than any other "top striker", especially since he said he wanted to go to Liverpool so wouldn't have been rough on his wage demands.

next game
Drop Reina for Jones, Gerrard for Shelvey

we have to sign Michael Owen in next 2weeks.

We have been impressive in the centre of the pitch. However we have no end game. We need another striker purely to give us more options up front. Gerrard hasnt been playing well today and the 2nd goal was just a howler from Reina. Iv said the same last season, Reina is over rated and has made a lot of mistakes in the past 18 months.

What kind of strikers are free to move? I know Michael Owen is and I know most people wouldnt welcome him back but we really need an option up front. Borini was poor today and we cant put all the responsability on Suarez.

Hopefully the players are just finding their feet and we will pick up our form...

Agree with this 100%. You definitely need another forward and Owen is probably the best option at the moment.

We were just not good at all.
Suarez and Gerrard were woeful. Enrique and Johnson, too. Particularly Enrique. We should play Robinson instead.
Arsenal were really good in their build up play, but I can't help but feel if Gerrard was not ****, and Sahin was fully fit/prep'd, we'd have stopped a lot of their build up play before it got our half. Allen was really good again, though. We keep hitting it too long and it just doesn't work when we have no height at all.

Gerrard lost possession 24 times, Suarez 22... simply not goo enough for our supposed best players..

Got to say i love the addition of Joe Allen, so good on the ball, never loses possession.. but we need someone in CM further up to make more on an influence

Sterling again looked good

Sterling done more tackling than Enrique. He needs to lose some weight and work on his pacing. He can run like a mad man, but he tires out too easily.

Really hope we're looking for a freebie striker. Owen, Del Piero, Klasnic are the options I can think up

Brendan Rodgers asked would he have let Carroll go if he knew Liverpool would not sign anyone: "No." Was he confident he would: "Very."

Said we're looking to sign a free striker, too

Im also thinking of Pacheco or put Yesil on the bench along with Morgan. The youth options are there but we realy need somebody with more experience I think.

Pacheco is ****. As in really, really ****.

Pacheco is ****. As in really, really ****.

He's not. He was amazing in the reserves for a few year, went to Norwich on loan, done well there. Then fizzled out a bit. Done well in pre season this year though, he deserves a fair crack in our first team out on the wing.

He's not. He was amazing in the reserves for a few year, went to Norwich on loan, done well there. Then fizzled out a bit. Done well in pre season this year though, he deserves a fair crack in our first team out on the wing.

Well, I tend to follow Rayo Vallecano, where he spent his last season. Last year he couldn't even make the bench for most games, and when he played he was ****. And his attitude was ****, too.

Why for the love of god is Borini playing out wide?

Because it fits in with Rodgers 4-3-3 system, and it seems the players have to fit in with the system regardless of whether they play better elsewhere. (Sorry if that was a rhetorical question)

Because it fits in with Rodgers 4-3-3 system, and it seems the players have to fit in with the system regardless of whether they play better elsewhere. (Sorry if that was a rhetorical question)

But Suarez is effective out wide, and Borini... isn't. Just doesn't make sense to me.

But Borini fits better as the spearhead and Suarez as the wide striker.

Back