The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
agreed with all of you on the Suarez out wide part and Borini in the middle. We're all going on about letting Carroll go and the square pegs in round holes.. So then we play an out and out striker on the wing instead whilst Suarez is a forward who seems to naturally dribble out wide and come deep. Makes... no... sense.

What the **** is Liverpool football club thinking? Loaning out a £35m striker for a pittance.. And replacing him with Michael Owen (at best).. Embarrassing.

What the **** is Liverpool football club thinking? Loaning out a £35m striker for a pittance.. And replacing him with Michael Owen (at best).. Embarrassing.

Fair to say Carroll has been part of the two worst transfers in the history of the club - Buying him for about 20 million too much, and then loaning him out for **** all.

agreed with all of you on the Suarez out wide part and Borini in the middle. We're all going on about letting Carroll go and the square pegs in round holes.. So then we play an out and out striker on the wing instead whilst Suarez is a forward who seems to naturally dribble out wide and come deep. Makes... no... sense.

It's baffling to watch. Borini trying to take on and isolate players and failing, when we all know that is what Suarez excels at.

Rumours of BR Making a move for Drogba. Don't believe them myself but am wondering how we can sign him. He has a club so isn't a free agent and the transfer window is closed. Anyone know?

Just read that open letter. John Henry always says the right things and to be honest I don't know who the blame lies between for that **** up of a transfer window - Rodgers or Henry (or Ayre), most likely a combination of all of them. I think they're all trying to be quite open about it, holding their hands up and saying that in not quite as direct terms, they all ****** up.

That said, as a supporter I find it inexcusable that common sense has been averted here - how difficult is it to wait until midnight with Carroll's loan deal in front of you before signing it off? From memory the deal was done the ****** day before even. Follow that simple step and we have no problem. You don't release before you buy. End of.

To go from one spectrum to the other, I like John Henry, and I like Brendan Rodgers. I just want them to sort it out, but they really are going to have to do it fast. 3 games in but I don't like looking at us in the relegation spots.

Rumours of BR Making a move for Drogba. Don't believe them myself but am wondering how we can sign him. He has a club so isn't a free agent and the transfer window is closed. Anyone know?

Yet to be confirmed but a lot of sources are saying he has been released over wage demands and new club policy or something like that. Still unsure if that is true, but if Rodgers wasn't that big a fan of Carroll, why would he like Drogba? I'll be the first to admit Drogba is a better player but he has a similar style of play.

Firstly, fair play to the guy for actually bothering to [pay somebody to] write that letter. But the fact of the matter is, replacing Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy, & Carroll with Fabio Borini is poor business. Having said that, replacing Adam, Spearing, & Aquilani with Sahin and Allen is some great business.

Rodger's was obviously promised the signing of Dempsey, I mean, why else would he agree to offload Carroll? Henry and Ayre let us down on that one, there's a time to be over-cautious with money... Deadline day is not it. Especially when all Fulham wanted was £6m!? Jeez. But oh well, nothing we can do now other than hope Sterling continues to play great, and Suarez doesn't get another eight game ban.

The thing that ****** me off the most, isn't the fact that we didn't sign Dempsey, it's the fact that we're using Borini on right wing? My God, watching him against Arsenal was so painful. I mean, was there actually a person out there who wasn't screaming at their TV for Suarez and Borini to swap? It was so awkward. Also, it sucks to see Gerrard doing so badly, hopefully it's just a lack of fitness! ):

At the end of the day, we're only three games in, nothing has been decided yet, hopefully we will actually start to play some good football soon rather than giving the ball to one of the wingers and watch them hopefully loft balls at Suarez as if he was Andy Carroll. It can only get better, I suppose.

P.s Didier Drogba? LMAO. I think us re-signing Sinama-Pongolle [yes, he is also a free agent] is more realistic. On a serious note, though, why don't we look into signing Danko Lazovic? There are much worse players around.

Last edited:
Firstly, fair play to the guy for actually bothering to [pay somebody to] write that letter. But the fact of the matter is, replacing Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy, & Carroll with Fabio Borini is poor business. Having said that, replacing Adam, Spearing, & Aquilani with Sahin and Allen is some great business.

P.s Didier Drogba? LMAO. I think us re-signing Sinama-Pongolle [yes, he is also a free agent] is more realistic. On a serious note, though, why don't we look into signing Danko Lazovic? There are much worse players around.

Sahin and Allen was a quality piece of business, agreed. And i think that we could do much worse than giving Samed Yesil a chance off the bench. Lazovic would be ok i suppose.

Better than nothing but would rather see someone else arrive. Also, anyone know whats happening with Assaidi? Wasnt on the bench v arsenal.

Better than nothing but would rather see someone else arrive. Also, anyone know whats happening with Assaidi? Wasnt on the bench v arsenal.

Hasn't had the best pre-season (Maybe related to Ramadan fasting) so isn't match fit yet.

I can almost guarantee we will not sign a striker..

Owen, Drogba, Heskey... wont happen

Tbh I think we can manage it until winter transfer window...We just need to swap Borini/Suarez places and then we have Yesil,Morgan and Pacheco as possible subs and if Joe Cole gets fit he can provide cover for Suarez. Also playing Gerrard more up field in SS or AMR role is worth a shot,its like he can't do any worse than against Arsenal in midfield role.Not world beating options but should keep us alive and covered until January.

I can almost guarantee we will not sign a striker..

Owen, Drogba, Heskey... wont happen

Don't think Drogba is a free agent. Last I heard, the rumours of Shaghai Shenhua terminating his contract were false

Heskey is just lols

Owen is the best bet although it seems like he is very close to joining Stoke although he will obviously prefer Liverpool if you guys came calling

Back