The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Don't think Drogba is a free agent. Last I heard, the rumours of Shaghai Shenhua terminating his contract were false

Look on the source on the last page i gave. He said its completely false...

Domehow I dont think were in for anybody. Rodgers has apparently said he prefers academy players to free transfers. Looks like Morgan, Suso and Yesil may be getting a few games.

Even if Drogba left, no club would be able to sign him until the next window opened as he left after the last window closed. See Sol Campbell leaving Notts County and not re-joining Arsenal until January for details.

Even if Drogba left, no club would be able to sign him until the next window opened as he left after the last window closed. See Sol Campbell leaving Notts County and not re-joining Arsenal until January for details.

Also he will be off to ACON for January so makes even less sense signing him even if he was availiable

Look on the source on the last page i gave. He said its completely false...

Domehow I dont think were in for anybody. Rodgers has apparently said he prefers academy players to free transfers. Looks like Morgan, Suso and Yesil may be getting a few games.

Then Rodgers is taking a massive gamble... Yesil has not played a single game in the top flight and I'd imagine he needs time to adapt to the country and league as such. Morgan is a good lad although he does not look like he is ready for EPL yet. Suso is very talented although ditto Morgan he is not ready and throwing him in the deep end so early might shatter his morale'

Liverpool definitely need to sign a free agent and Owen is the best in the market at the moment

There is only one bosman player who I would even think about getting for LFC, if he hasn't signed for Sydney FC yet is Alessandro Del Piero. He played a decent amount of games last season for Juventus and contributed. Furthermore his experience and know how off the pitch as much could really help some of our attackers. I think he could potentially have a huge impact on Suarez much like Gary McAllister did on Steven Gerrard.

Thats only for Englush teams, he could sign abroad.. But it sounds like they've told Drogba he can stay, and I'm sure he will.

Anyone know what happened to Marco Bueno? I thought he was supposed to sign this Summer?

Thats only for Englush teams, he could sign abroad.. But it sounds like they've told Drogba he can stay, and I'm sure he will.

Only rules i've ever read don't specify country. If he was released after the window closed, he can only sign for a team in an open window, Russia for example, or wait for the January window to open again.

But yeah it all seems to be irrelevant as he looks to be staying.

Anyone know what happened to Marco Bueno? I thought he was supposed to sign this Summer?

He never actually signed a contract. There was an agreement in place that we would pay a certain amount after he completed a 10 day trial. Either he didnt impress or couldnt get a work permit. But it was never officially announced that he would be signing.

Looks like no striker for us. I don't get what people have against Owen though he was a great player for us.

Looks like no striker for us. I don't get what people have against Owen though he was a great player for us.

The "judas" and "traitor" brigade. Would've thought an attempt to get a goalscorer would've outweighed that opinion

I think they should remember all he did for us as well but people are people.

Times change sadly. When Gary Ablett went from Liverpool to Everton years back he never got abuse-he was held in high regard from both sets of fans, and that showed when he passed away.

The "judas" and "traitor" brigade. Would've thought an attempt to get a goalscorer would've outweighed that opinion

Meh, look how far he got without Liverpool. ;)

Don't think Rodgers was even interested in him anyway, as somebody said earlier, it's much more likely he will look to promote from within. I just don't think Pacheco and Morgan can make an impact anywhere near Sterling's. :(

Meh, look how far he got without Liverpool. ;)

Don't think Rodgers was even interested in him anyway, as somebody said earlier, it's much more likely he will look to promote from within. I just don't think Pacheco and Morgan can make an impact anywhere near Sterling's. :(

Well, hopefully it's a decision that won't come back to bite him. Just a shame to see the club in such a mess from a footballing perspective. These things shouldn't normally come up. They've got a proud history and are a great club and this is just a mess

Yesil, Morgan, Pacheco, Suso, Ibe, Adorjan, Teixiera, are the options. Morgan's already got some time now, but he's a bit pointless unless you play him in his position (central striker). The guy just oozes of finishing ability, a poacher to be.
Yesil by all accounts looks a great prospect but a bit young, but will probably end up with game time.

Back