The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Have to admit Yesil has a **** of a scoring record, but I'd be reluctant to stick him on the bench even without earning it for 4 months in the reserves first. Adam Morgan probably front runner.

Have to admit Yesil has a **** of a scoring record, but I'd be reluctant to stick him on the bench even without earning it for 4 months in the reserves first. Adam Morgan probably front runner.

Agreed. You don't want to rush Yesil into the first team as it would be a massive step up.

Reports saying were leading the chase for Fernando Llorente

Had a fall out with Bilbao and his contract runs out end of the season, we can approach hhim in jan

Please let this be true!

Reports saying were leading the chase for Fernando Llorente

Had a fall out with Bilbao and his contract runs out end of the season, we can approach hhim in jan

Please let this be true!

TBH I don't see the point in that. He pretty much is the same type of player as Andy Carroll

Actually I can see where Jameshlfc is coming from. You have a more technical targetman in Borini than Carroll, and you've stuck him out on the wing anyway. Also you actually attempted more crosses than anyone last year, problem was you were ***** at it.

Actually I can see where Jameshlfc is coming from. You have a more technical targetman in Borini than Carroll, and you've stuck him out on the wing anyway. Also you actually attempted more crosses than anyone last year, problem was you were ***** at it.

I can see where he's coming from too, doesn't make him right. For starters, Borini's most definitely not a targetman, and secondly Fernando Llorente's only considered a targetman by English standards because he's tall. Take away five inches of his height and he'd still be effective, unlike Carroll, because he's intelligent and technical and uses space as well as creates it.

I don't think Carroll is a bad player but Llorente is a level above.. He has shown what he can do at a passing side as Bilbao played exactly the style we are trying to... Like GC said he is smarter and uses space better.

Still It would be a real coup considering many other club will be interested, I'm guessing Juventus especially

I can see where he's coming from too, doesn't make him right. For starters, Borini's most definitely not a targetman, and secondly Fernando Llorente's only considered a targetman by English standards because he's tall. Take away five inches of his height and he'd still be effective, unlike Carroll, because he's intelligent and technical and uses space as well as creates it.
Borini would be far more effective if used right. Rather than far off deals and short term fixes, there a pretty easy solution in front of them. Play your centre forward link man, at centre forward. Put your fullback dicing inside forward, at inside forward. Crazy logic, i know.

Last edited:
Can only assume he's being played there because he was used there by Roma last year, even then with only limited effect. Rodgers must see something everyone else in football doesn't!

That or Suarez is such a crybaby **** that he's demanded to play centre forward, entirely plausible if you ask me.

Borini would be far more effective if used right. Rather than far off deals and short term fixes, there a pretty easy solution in front of them. Play your centre forward link man, at centre forward. Put your fullback dicing inside forward, at inside forward. Crazy logic, i know.

Well yeah, but I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that simple logic. Simply repeating it isn't going to help. All I was pointing out was that saying that Llorente was the same type of player as Carroll is silly. They're both tall and powerful. I think the similarities more or less end there.

Well yeah, but I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that simple logic. Simply repeating it isn't going to help. All I was pointing out was that saying that Llorente was the same type of player as Carroll is silly. They're both tall and powerful. I think the similarities more or less end there.

Pretty sure they both have ***** hair...

But yes, apart from being tall strikers, they are relatively incomparable.

Highly recommend EVERY Red to give a listen to this interview done by The Anfield Wrap... Rodgers offers FANTASTIC insight in to his vision and his opinions on players such as Joe Allen and the current situation at the club. Shows even more why he is undoubtedly the perfect man for the job in my eyes. It is quite lengthy but it is worth it. I listened to it while playing FM and I loved it...

On another note, great to say Yesil getting a goal today, anyone think we'll see him near the first team anytime soon? Also, how much has young Jonjo improved!? The future is bright.

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/1/7411bc...1ce3dae902ea1d01cc813ed4c95c3631&c_id=4915799

[video=youtube;WTJkRjYhjQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJkRjYhjQg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Highly recommend EVERY Red to give a listen to this interview done by The Anfield Wrap... Rodgers offers FANTASTIC insight in to his vision and his opinions on players such as Joe Allen and the current situation at the club. Shows even more why he is undoubtedly the perfect man for the job in my eyes. It is quite lengthy but it is worth it. I listened to it while playing FM and I loved it...

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/1/7411bc...1ce3dae902ea1d01cc813ed4c95c3631&c_id=4915799

Yup, it's surprising how insightful interviews can be when the right questions are asked. Real journalists could learn a thing or two from the bloggers who were present at the meeting with Rodgers.

In video form...

[video=youtube;xyGdHRER9aU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGdHRER9aU[/video]
[video=youtube;9jINu-ZucO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jINu-ZucO8[/video]

I seen a rumour the other day that we are interested in Marc Andre ter Stegen <3

Anyone else watching the Hillsborough program on ITV? Still makes me angry to this day. For anyone whos interested in helping the cause, you can buy t-shirts from the hillsborough online store. Joey Barton wore one for his medical at Marseille.

Back