The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
My regards for the families who suffered at the expense of the Hillsborough disaster. Very glad to see that the families of those who died are getting the justice and respect that they deserve.

164 statements changed. 115 statements criticising the police removed. Although the government did apologise and it was pretty much heartfelt, this should have been dealt with much, much sooner. If the government can apologise properly, why the **** can't The Sun.

Think it's also time those sick songs about this subject sung by opposing fans are stopped. They're just.....incredibly wrong, sick and twisted.

Last edited:
Embarrassing to the whole country that it has taken so many years and governments to bring justice. Not often you'll see all parties of the commons united like this, and the PM handling a sensitive subject excellently.

Embarrassing to the whole country that it has taken so many years and governments to bring justice. Not often you'll see all parties of the commons united like this, and the PM handling a sensitive subject excellently.

i just couldn't believe what I heard, and some of the eyewitness accounts describing everything on Talksport right now. The fact that 28 people could've been saved is just absolutely.....well you can't really think of the right word tbh. I know I cant.

i just couldn't believe what I heard, and some of the eyewitness accounts describing everything on Talksport right now. The fact that 28 people could've been saved is just absolutely.....well you can't really think of the right word tbh. I know I cant.

59 had the potential to have been saved. Disgraceful.

Disgusting that it's taken this long and this much effort from so many families just to get the truth revealed.

Disgusting to think how many people tried to cover it up and how many government officials knew full well what was happening and did nothing.

Disgusting that certain sections of the media exploited the tragedy to propagate a vicious lie, just to make money.

Disgusting to think that the police actively tried to corrupt the truth and blame the fans.

Disgusting that this will inevitably become some sort of political weapon as Cameron attempts to defend Thatcher and both parties will attempt to cover up their lax investigations.

But honestly, I think the most disgusting thing is how tragically preventable it all was, and how many lives could have been saved were it not for pigheadedness.

What really disgusts me is the fact the police told medical staff to stay off the pitch-because the fans were fighting. The only reason the sole ambulance is on the pitch is because the driver disobeyed the police.

"All I did wrong there was tell the truth. There was a surge of Liverpool fans who had been drinking and that is what caused the disaster. The only thing different we did was put it under the headline "The Truth". I went on The World at One the next day and apologised. I only did that because Rupert Murdoch told me to. I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now because we told the truth." - Kelvin McKenzie in 2006.

September 12 2012
"Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline. I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium. I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster."

Colossal ********.

Also Boris Johnson https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2lhYkoCYAEKyKk.jpg

"All I did wrong there was tell the truth. There was a surge of Liverpool fans who had been drinking and that is what caused the disaster. The only thing different we did was put it under the headline "The Truth". I went on The World at One the next day and apologised. I only did that because Rupert Murdoch told me to. I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now because we told the truth." - Kelvin McKenzie in 2006.

September 12 2012
"Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline. I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium. I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster."

Colossal ********.

Also Boris Johnson https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2lhYkoCYAEKyKk.jpg

McKenzie is a lier-absolute lier. It was only a few years ago there was debate on Talksport about who was to blame for Hillsborough, and Adrian Durham again, said Liverpool fans WERE NOT to blame. What did McKenzie try to do? Take him off air for voicing his opinion. Words were "said" off air to McKenzie and he relented. He's a scumbag *****

I imagine my dad and my uncle, both were in hillsborough and got out, will be pretty ******* happy right about now

I imagine my dad and my uncle, both were in hillsborough and got out, will be pretty ******* happy right about now

Sad thing is though, even though the families of the deceased will get what they've been after for so long, they'll probably never get the proper closure they badly need. It's just astounding it's taken 23 years for an investigation. The families deserve the utmost respect for being so incredibly dignified throughout the whole situation. I simply cannot imagine what they've gone through, and what they're still going through, and what they will always go through.

Not only did the ****** try to blame the fans, but when it was proven false, he tried to blame Liverpool journalists for giving him false info. Scum.

I'm quite tempted to have a personal News International boycott, because they're all just as bad as each other. **** the lot of 'em.

Have to say, the vigil has been pretty amazing today.

I'm quite tempted to have a personal News International boycott, because they're all just as bad as each other. **** the lot of 'em.

Have to say, the vigil has been pretty amazing today.

Don't think they will miss one person mate do you, in my opinion papers will die one day anyway.

Don't think they will miss one person mate do you, in my opinion papers will die one day anyway.

cant see how papers will die, everybody loves reading about random ****, it gives the world something to talk about

cant see how papers will die, everybody loves reading about random ****, it gives the world something to talk about

I don't see it like that, who wants to read yesterdays news when in time everyone will have a phone with apps where they can read today's news now.

I don't see it like that, who wants to read yesterdays news when in time everyone will have a phone with apps where they can read today's news now.

because alot of news dont reach websites, BBC etc.. you find out alot of general happenings through newspapers

and it causes controversy, something people love

Back