The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
because alot of news dont reach websites, BBC etc.. you find out alot of general happenings through newspapers

and it causes controversy, something people love

It also produces masses amount of bullshit which people hate.

It also produces masses amount of bullshit which people hate.

That's the thing though. People don't hate the bullshit papers come out with, they love it. Hence why papers like the Sun sell so well.

That's the thing though. People don't hate the bullshit papers come out with, they love it. Hence why papers like the Sun sell so well.

Reason why I hate papers half the time is they, used to, or still can, lead people who can't think for themselves. Like elections. But half the time just full of utter, utter ****. And as I suspected, the Sun front page is extremely predictable for tomorrow.

And its the people who love it which are morons! Papers have created a reputation for themselves as being false and will not stop at anything to get what they want. The whole Twitter agent thing in the summer proved how poor some journalists are that they will class a Twitter feed as a reliable source. Staying with the sports side of things Chelsea TV used to air a programme every week called "Paperview" where they had 2 different journo's every week and the host Gigi Salmon would question them on stories written about Chelsea that week. All you used to hear was "a dressing room source" or "a source close to the club told me", and the fact some used a Twitter feed as a reliable source makes you wonder just what this "dressing room source" is. Here is a short clip of Gigi (who is like my perfect woman by the way) absolutely ripping the Mirror's Martin Lipton a new one.

[video=youtube;Wt9elfwV8cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9elfwV8cU[/video]

As talked about quite a lot on here sports journalism and especially football journalism has become either lazy, predictable and/or false.

Great day today, it's simply too little too late for MacKenzie. Good seeing King Kenny and other faces in the city centre today, the club can't be thanked enough for the support it always gives.

Hoping to see a result on the echo front page tomorrow, something like "LIAR" in huge font and a big picture of fat **** MacKenzie.

Great day today, it's simply too little too late for MacKenzie. Good seeing King Kenny and other faces in the city centre today, the club can't be thanked enough for the support it always gives.

Hoping to see a result on the echo front page tomorrow, something like "LIAR" in huge font and a big picture of fat **** MacKenzie.

I'll be happier seeing people in front of a judge

Predictions for tomorrow guys?

I'm thinking we'll scrape a 2-1 win with a late goal. That's me being optimistic haha

Previous Meetings (Last 6 matches)
Sunderland Won (33%) - Drew (33%) - Liverpool Won (33%)

If the match finishes on a score that isn't 1-1 I'd be surprised.

City fans sung YNWA, followed by Blue Moon. Nice, that. Shame some united fans sung 'always the victim, never your fault". *****.

City fans sung YNWA, followed by Blue Moon. Nice, that. Shame some united fans sung 'always the victim, never your fault". *****.

This isnt even true. Keep this **** to yourself. Its just running round on twitter. Funny how you never bring up when certain fans still sing about Munich.

So tired of the one eyed bullishit from both sides.

Some random person started this on twitter and now LFC fans started to blame ManUtd fans. Thought Twitter was annoying only during transfer window with Agent ITKs profiles

Some random person started this on twitter and now LFC fans started to blame ManUtd fans. Thought Twitter was annoying only during transfer window with Agent ITKs profiles
Twitter is always annoying so I think it's better to stay away from it.

This isnt even true. Keep this **** to yourself. Its just running round on twitter. Funny how you never bring up when certain fans still sing about Munich.

So tired of the one eyed bullishit from both sides.

I heard it on the radio...

Munich songs are just as inexcusable.

This happens too often, remember how United fans were supposed to have spat on the hillsborough memorial? Or when Liverpool fans were supposed to have stabbed a united fan? Too much **** goes round twitter, and people just run with it because it suits colour of their team.

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling, Borini. Suso on bench.

Was kind of hoping Gerrard would be on the bench, considering his form this season. Also glad to see enrique not in the team, his form's been worse than Gerrard's! Pretty happy with the team, though we'll probably be spanked by Fletcher.

Hillsborough disaster: West Yorkshire police chief referred to IPCC

Police watchdog to investigate Sir Norman Bettison after independent report alleges 'black propaganda' campaign by senior officers
  • Share16
  • icon-email.png
    Email
Hillsborough-disaster-008.jpg
Whites Press Agency says their reports on the Hillsborough disaster were based on claims of four senior police officers. Photograph: Stewart Kendall/Sportsphoto/Sportsphoto Ltd.

The chief constable of West Yorkshire police will be investigated by the police watchdog following disclosures about the conduct of officers, it emerged on Saturday.
The independent panel report into the Hillsborough tragedy suggested Sir Norman Bettison may have been part of a "black propaganda" operation to smear football fans to cover up for failings of South Yorkshire police where he was an inspector in 1989.
A meeting of West Yorkshire Police Authority's special committee on Saturday agreed to record a complaint against the chief constable and immediately referred it to the Independent Police Complaints Commission(IPCC) for investigation.
Special committee chairman Richard Baldwin said: "A number of factors led to the committee taking the decision to refer the complaint to the IPCC, including the gravity of the subject matter, the wholly exceptional circumstances, and a pressing need to maintain public confidence in both policing governance and the police complaints system. It is important that the facts are fully established and evidence considered from other sources before any further decisions are taken.
"The IPCC, as an independent body with a statutory duty to uphold the police complaints system, is best placed to conduct such investigations."
On Friday, Sir Norman issued his second statement in 48 hours on the affair after again criticising Liverpool football fans. The deputy prime minister, Nick Clegg, said his words flew in the face of the damning conclusions of the Hillsborough independent panel.
Within hours of the Liberal Democrat leader's intervention, Bettison issued a statement apologising if the families of the 96 who died had been upset by his remark that "fans' behaviour … made the job of the police in the crush outside Leppings Lane turnstiles harder than it needed to be".
The words were included in a statement – issued after the report was published this week – in which he made clear he was staying in his post despite the independent report revealing further details about his key role in a South Yorkshire police internal review team condemned as a "black propaganda" unit.
The storm grew as his employers, the West Yorkshire police authority, began an investigation into matters that the report raised about his role. Asked about Bettison's position, Clegg said: "His words were ill-judged. That is obvious. After a report like that, to suggest the fans were an impediment to the police operation when the report revealed the truth that the burden of responsibility lay with the police and other emergency agencies was insensitive and ill-judged.
"He will need to react pretty clearly to clarify what he meant. It flies in the face of the basic thrust of the report."
Within hours, Bettison apologised. "Let me speak very clearly," he said. "The fans of Liverpool football club were in no way to blame for the disaster.
"I formed this clear view on hearing all the evidence that was presented at the Taylor inquiry.
"The evidence was overwhelming. The police failed to control the situation, which ultimately led to the tragic deaths of 96 entirely innocent people. I can be no plainer than that and I am sorry if my earlier statement, intended to convey the same message, has caused any further upset.
"My role was never to besmirch the fans. I did not do that. I am deeply sorry that impression and slight has lingered for 23 years."
The Hillsborough independent panel, which had unprecedented access to 450,000 documents, uncovered the true scale of the South Yorkshire police cover-up, which began in the hours after the fans were crushed to death at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989.
Fresh evidence in the panel report showed 164 police statements were doctored, victims were tested for blood alcohol levels and checks were carried out on the police national computer to access criminal records in order "to impugn the reputation of the deceased".
Criminal charges may now be laid against serving and former officers after South Yorkshire police set in motion a referral to the IPCC.

Just looking at Sunderland's line up, their defence doesn't look too hot. Rose, O'Shea, Cuellar, Cattermole etc. All are get-at-able, especially looking at Gardner in midfield.

We've not played badly, but we're just too predictable and it's the same as last season completely.

Back