The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Typical Liverpool. All over them, but nothing in the final 3rd. Sterling looks fantastic again today though, he really is going to be an excellent player.

Previous Meetings (Last 6 matches)
Sunderland Won (33%) - Drew (33%) - Liverpool Won (33%)

If the match finishes on a score that isn't 1-1 I'd be surprised.

ITK!

Shame we couldnt get the win tho

Now that the lies and cruel myths about the Hillsborough disaster have been exsposed, I think it's time that UFEA examine what happened at Heysel in more depth. I'm not saying this out of malice, but in concern for the victims...

Why did UFEA chose a ground that had been built in the 1920's and condemned in the early 1980's?

I understand that English football was banned, and 14 of the 26 liverpool fans were guilty of involuntary manslaughter, and Liverpool FC have acknowledged the disaster and pay tribute on May 30th, but there still needs to be a proper examination into UFEA and why it was allowed to happen...

Also Juventus need to aknowledge the disaster, one of the only mentions of Heysel is about 100 words and mainly talks about the success of finally winning the European cup rather than the death of 39 people.

Now that the lies and cruel myths about the Hillsborough disaster have been exsposed, I think it's time that UFEA examine what happened at Heysel in more depth. I'm not saying this out of malice, but in concern for the victims...

Why did UFEA chose a ground that had been built in the 1920's and condemned in the early 1980's?

I understand that English football was banned, and 14 of the 26 liverpool fans were guilty of involuntary manslaughter, and Liverpool FC have acknowledged the disaster and pay tribute on May 30th, but there still needs to be a proper examination into UFEA and why it was allowed to happen...

Also Juventus need to aknowledge the disaster, one of the only mentions of Heysel is about 100 words and mainly talks about the success of finally winning the European cup rather than the death of 39 people.

Well said, there is a great injustice that Juventus haven't supported the families who suffered in Heysel compared to how much Liverpool FC supported the families of Hillsborough.

UFEA are just as much in the wrong here as the FA are in England.

It will never stop it's as simple as that. A minority of your lot chant about Munich and a minority of Utd's chant about the stuff you have been involved in.
i have to agree with you but it shouldnt happen i think its just people with no brains

i have to agree with you but it shouldnt happen i think its just people with no brains

People will always have different opinions no matter what, this case has now confirmed it was not Liverpool fans fault but some will still believe they had a part to play. Terry was cleared in a court of law of racism but he will still be called a racist at every ground he goes to this season.

Anyone willing to summarise the game quickly today for me, who play well, did we deserve to win, usual **** ETC..

Been at work!

Cheers

Anyone willing to summarise the game quickly today for me, who play well, did we deserve to win, usual **** ETC..

Been at work!

Cheers

Same as ever, had more of the ball, didnt do much with it, looked very blunt, Suarez scored but is still a terrible finisher, Suarez booked for diving. Business as usual.

Suarez was touched, however it wasn't a foul, nor was it a booking. Just because someone goes down doesn't mean it has to be either a yellow/penalty, refs.

Gotta agree with RTW here, it wasn't a 'dive' by Suarez as there was contact, although he made meal out of it when it clearly didn't merit a penalty. The yellow was kind of harsh, though.

Gotta agree with RTW here, it wasn't a 'dive' by Suarez as there was contact, although he made meal out of it when it clearly didn't merit a penalty. The yellow was kind of harsh, though.
Don't see what relevance the contact has. It's meant to be a yellow card if the player feigns injury or pretends to have been fouled. Suarez was clearly trying to pretend he was fouled, whether or not he was touched.

Don't see what relevance the contact has. It's meant to be a yellow card if the player feigns injury or pretends to have been fouled. Suarez was clearly trying to pretend he was fouled, whether or not he was touched.

Are you serious? =/

Why wouldn't I be?

Well, I've seen them given, and although it would've been harsh, Suarez felt he had a right to go down. He went down a little bit too easily, but he didn't roll around, he didn't complain, he didn't pretend to have a broken leg as usual, ****, I didn't even see him shout at the ref. A penalty would've been harsh but so was the yellow.

Well, I've seen them given, and although it would've been harsh, Suarez felt he had a right to go down. He went down a little bit too easily, but he didn't roll around, he didn't complain, he didn't pretend to have a broken leg as usual, ****, I didn't even see him shout at the ref. A penalty would've been harsh but so was the yellow.

Feeling contact does not mean you get to go down, there is nothing in the rules about that. Contact =/= a foul, or a reason to fall over. There is this common misconception that goes round, that if you feel contact you can go down, and bizarrely its no longer even questioned. There might have been the faintest bit of contact, but it didn't take him out, but he pretended that it did. That part is feigning/diving, hence a booking.

Indeed, as I was falsely accused of before, I did not bullshit about this, I heard it on the radio. Agreed probably only a small amount, but worryingly audible.

I take back that you weren't bullshitting, but this has been sung since the Suarez incident, and at no point was there any reference to hillsborough, though its certainly distasteful.

I completely stand by the fact you are one eyed about lambasting people about chanting, You are very quick to point out the minority of United fans who sing about Hillsborough. Where are you when the minority of Liverpool fans do the same re: Munich? Can't pick what you're openly outraged about, when they are both equally distasteful. Otherwise you are just coming across as one eyed.

Last edited:
I take back that you weren't bullshitting, but this has been sung since the Suarez incident, and at no point was there any reference to hillsborough, though its certainly distasteful.

I completely stand by the fact you are one eyed about lambasting people about chanting, You are very quick to point out the minority of United fans who sing about Hillsborough. Where are you when the minority of Liverpool fans do the same re: Munich? Can't pick what you're openly outraged about, when they are both equally distasteful. Otherwise you are just coming across as one eyed.

Why should he just bring up Liverpool fans chanting about Munich?

There were no chants about Munich in recent times. There were chants that could be directed at Hillsborough yesterday, so why wouldn't it be brought up?

I'm sure if Liverpool were to have chanted yesterday - or in fact any day - he's not going to ignore nor condone it. Understand that you'll be defensive about your club. But it's not like he's calling all United fans out about it.

Personally I feel you're being far to overly defensive. Just because Liverpool 'fans' do chant about Munich, why do you need to bring it up?

Back