The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well bottom line is, given everything thats happened the chants should stop full stop from ALL fans. Chelsea fans posted a message on their forums asking the chanters to stop. But there were a few that basically said no. Yes there are some who do it, and obviously not all do it. Fans who chant about football tragedy are just dicks, and it's that sort of behaviour that'll spread to kids as their elders will be role models. Great example eh?

Feeling contact does not mean you get to go down, there is nothing in the rules about that. Contact =/= a foul, or a reason to fall over. There is this common misconception that goes round, that if you feel contact you can go down, and bizarrely its no longer even questioned. There might have been the faintest bit of contact, but it didn't take him out, but he pretended that it did. That part is feigning/diving, hence a booking.

Indeed contact doesn't equal foul, that's why I started my post with "I've seen them given". ****, penalties have been given for less... He entered the box, O'Shea put his leg across, there was contact and Suarez went down, a little too lightly, but he didn't even complain to the ref. I don't see how that merited a yellow. He should've been booked a million times before and he wasn't, yet this time he was and IMO it was undeserved.

Find it amusing how everyone is condemning newspapers for printing bullshit.. Then a few posts later you're saying the same about twitter, the technology that you're all hoping will replace newspapers. Hm.

In regards to the patch.. 66% is pointless when you can't score, that is all there is to say really. Although, Young Boys next, we might actually pick up our first three points of the year!

Find it amusing how everyone is condemning newspapers for printing bullshit.. Then a few posts later you're saying the same about twitter, the technology that you're all hoping will replace newspapers. Hm.

In regards to the patch.. 66% is pointless when you can't score, that is all there is to say really. Although, Young Boys next, we might actually pick up our first three points of the year!

Why do that when we can hit the post another 3 times?

Why should he just bring up Liverpool fans chanting about Munich?

There were no chants about Munich in recent times. There were chants that could be directed at Hillsborough yesterday, so why wouldn't it be brought up?

I'm sure if Liverpool were to have chanted yesterday - or in fact any day - he's not going to ignore nor condone it. Understand that you'll be defensive about your club. But it's not like he's calling all United fans out about it.

Personally I feel you're being far to overly defensive. Just because Liverpool 'fans' do chant about Munich, why do you need to bring it up?

You misunderstand, I'm not defensive about those fans singing those chants, hillsborough aimed or not. If i had my way they wouldn't watch another game. Nor do I think hes calling all United fans out. What annoys me is when we get all the one sided outrage. Chants about anything, they are all wrong. there is always that minority murmurings at Anfield. But he is always very quick to bring it up for one side, and not the other, as he's done so before. And its an extension of what many fans do, on both sides, and frankly it drives me up the wall.

Not sure what the first point means. Whether its Twitter or papers, all people want is truthful backed up pieces. Not sure what there is to hmm about.

Why do that when we can hit the post another 3 times?

It's not the posts fault we can't score.. Maybe the goals at Melwood are a couple of inches bigger? XD

Not sure what the first point means. Whether its Twitter or papers, all people want is truthful backed up pieces. Not sure what there is to hmm about.

People don't want that.. Bullshit sells, it's what people want. Also I was referring to somebody who posted saying they think papers will die or something, can't really remember. Either way, papers dieing off will have no effect on the level of journalism we receive.

[video=youtube;1R4oiBxXfNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R4oiBxXfNE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Pacheco, Yesil, and Suso in the Europa League squad this Thursday for the game against Young Boys.

Your full team struggled with the might of Hearts, let's hope you do better tonight ;)

Your full team struggled with the might of Hearts, let's hope you do better tonight ;)

We didn't struggle, it was all for show. Just wanted to give the Hearts fans some enjoyment from their brief European run.

Pacheco, Yesil, and Suso in the Europa League squad this Thursday for the game against Young Boys.

Great to see them getting a chance.. Just hope it doesn't backfire, we really need a win. :|

Just like to step in here and say no one but the most ignorant, lazy or outdated journalists hope or expect Twitter to replace online newspapers. A lot of people that have heard passing mentions from the media industry make this mistake and tbh it ****** me off.

It's a tool that's useful for the production of the final product and/or an alternative method of interaction and expression for us hacks to use. It's not a replacement in any way; you will not see any major publication abandon its online site in favour of something based around Twitter because A. that would be totally **** B. no one is going to tie the future of their business in with the fortune of an independent enterprise competing in what has proved to be a fickle and brutal market.

Basically, Twitter just gives you a new way to source and an easier way to interact with your community in a visible way. It's a nice tool but the same old standards of skepticism and astuteness are applied by everyone but certain mugs from certain papers. Those people are just bad journalists, the Kelvins of this world that will print any old bullshit to sell their rag.

Last edited:
Just like to step in here and say no one but the most ignorant, lazy or outdated journalists hope or expect Twitter to replace newspapers. A lot of people that have heard passing mentions from the media industry make this mistake and tbh it ****** me off.

It's a tool that's useful for the production of the final product and/or an alternative method of interaction and expression for us hacks to us. It's not a replacement in any way; you will not see any major publication abandon its online site in favour of something based around Twitter because A. that would be totally **** B. no one is going to tie the future of their business in with the fortune of an independent enterprise competing in what has proved to be a fickle and brutal market.

You contradict yourself. People think that printed news will die out to be replaced by online sources, not that twitter will replace their whole business. Print news is already becoming unprofitable for firms, and circulation numbers are dropping quickly.

You contradict yourself.

By newspaper I am referring to the organisation rather than the physical, printed entity. If someone says to you, "what is the Guardian?" you would answer: "a newspaper", despite the fact that the Guardian is almost entirely focussed on its online publication now. Admittedly I don't like the term as it implies that the static formation of news inherent in a paper will be mimicked online, but that's the term people use. I would prefer news-site or some bollocks like that.

I edited it to "online newspaper", any clearer? XD

People think that printed news will die out to be replaced by online sources, not that twitter will replace their whole business.

[...]the technology that you're all hoping will replace newspapers.

Last edited:
Subtle, I didn't mean Twitter will replace all printed news.. Just using it as an example.

Completely forgot about the match tonight ): Sucks cus I was looking forward to seeing the younger players having a go! 5-3.. Is a very strange score, not sure I'm really happy with it. Was Reina in goal?

People will always have different opinions no matter what, this case has now confirmed it was not Liverpool fans fault but some will still believe they had a part to play. Terry was cleared in a court of law of racism but he will still be called a racist at every ground he goes to this season.

I thought you were a firm believer that Hillsbrough was the fans fault?

Also, comparing a disaster in which people died to John Terry's racism case? Really?.

Last edited:
Jones was in goal.

Most of our goals were from them being poor defensively. And their goals were from our defensive mistakes as well.

Henderson & Sahin played well. Suso had flashes. Pacheco as a lone striker would never had worked anyway. Assaidi was solid and offered something different. Wisdom was good. Enrique doesn't suit any sort of passing game and is scared to use his right foot EVER. Jones played like a back-up goalkeeper. Blah, blah, blah.

Back