The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Jones was in goal.

Most of our goals were from them being poor defensively. And their goals were from our defensive mistakes as well.

Henderson & Sahin played well. Suso had flashes. Pacheco as a lone striker would never had worked anyway. Assaidi was solid and offered something different. Wisdom was good. Enrique doesn't suit any sort of passing game and is scared to use his right foot EVER. Jones played like a back-up goalkeeper. Blah, blah, blah.

Fair enough.. I assume we were up against Young Boys' first team? For what it's worth. Glad to see Wisdom got a game, I rarely see him involved in the first team.

Agree on Enrique, Johnson needs to teach him how to use his weaker foot. ;)

He's one for the future but we need a consistent one for now. Enrique hasn't been consistent for a long time. Gives the ball away far too much.

Enrique was a solid left back last season.. This year he hasn't really got going yet, but then again, he isn't the only one! Robinson is very talented, I would have no problem him playing whenever Enrique is injured/ out of form.. Better option than playing Johnson left back all the time, IMO.

Last edited:
He's one for the future but we need a consistent one for now. Enrique hasn't been consistent for a long time. Gives the ball away far too much.

robinson's been consistently good when he's played. Age is pointless, look at Sterling. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Fair enough.. I assume we were up against Young Boys' first team? For what it's worth. Glad to see Wisdom got a game, I rarely see him involved in the first team.

Agree on Enrique, Johnson needs to teach him how to use his weaker foot. ;)

Enrique was a solid left back last season.. This year he hasn't really got going yet, but then again, he isn't the only one! Robinson is very talented, I would have no problem him playing whenever Enrique is injured/ out of form.. Better option than playing Johnson left back all the time, IMO.

Enrique was ***** after christmas, I know most of the team were too, but Enrique's actually gotten worse from last year when others, like Henderson, have improved

Completely forgot about the match tonight ): Sucks cus I was looking forward to seeing the younger players having a go! 5-3.. Is a very strange score, not sure I'm really happy with it. Was Reina in goal?

I thought you were a firm believer that Hillsbrough was the fans fault?

Also, comparing a disaster in which people died to John Terry's racism case? Really?.

I have said from day one both the police and fans who had no tickets (not the ones who died) have to take the blame. And i am not comparing them for ***** sake! Just using it as an explanation, stop trying to point score!

Jonjo Shelvey played really well last night, two good goals!

I think Pool fans should appreciate him more, he has changed every game that he has come into since the start of the season, a few Reds fans still do not rate him, he is quality!

Good win as well!

Jonjo Shelvey played really well last night, two good goals!

I think Pool fans should appreciate him more, he has changed every game that he has come into since the start of the season, a few Reds fans still do not rate him, he is quality!

Good win as well!

I agree with this. A lot of fans talk about his game so negatively. I've never seen him play a bad game, sure he isn't quite there yet but he his only 20, and he's English! He is IMO the only player we have atm that could replace Gerrard.

I honestly don't think it will be long until he is given an England cap, more deserving than Henderson.

I agree with this. A lot of fans talk about his game so negatively. I've never seen him play a bad game, sure he isn't quite there yet but he his only 20, and he's English! He is IMO the only player we have atm that could replace Gerrard.

I honestly don't think it will be long until he is given an England cap, more deserving than Henderson.

and Milner and Barry :P

I've long been an admirer of Shelvey (not into bald men but you know what I mean). He has got bags and bags of talent and I was worried when we got Sahin that he would be forced out of the first team. At this rate, Sahin is the one who needs to force his way in now!

Oh and on Sterling, quality player.

Other than that, right now we have Suarez.

That's our team. I'm worried Gerrard is past his best, Carragher definitely needs to retire, Reina's form is quite frankly inexplicable.

Other than that I'd say one of our most promising players is Carrol... oh wait.

Negotiations opened for Agger's new contract. Awesome. Can't imagine seeing him at any other club.

Kenny Dalglish has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson was one of the first people to offer his help to Liverpool after the Hillsborough disaster.

"When the Hillsborough disaster happened back in 1989, Sir Alex Ferguson was straight on the phone to offer his help in any way he could,? Dalglish said. ?People out there have different opinions about him. Some love him, some hate him, but when something terrible happens, like Hillsborough, Alex is one of the first asking what he can do. So although there is an intense rivalry between Manchester United and Liverpool, it would never prevent Alex from offering his assistance, which is exactly what he did back then.?

Dalglish has also reflect on the chants that go back and forth between United and Liverpool fans about Munich and Hillsborough.

?These chants, on both sides, are absolutely scandalous,? he added. ?Unless they?ve actually been through something like that, they can have no comprehension of how difficult it is for the people involved and the families affected by these kind of tragedies. Although there is no love lost between United and Liverpool, there is an underlying respect for each other, even though at times it might be through gritted teeth. That?s why I don?t think there will be a problem at Anfield tomorrow."

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Borini, Sterling, Suarez.

subs: Jones, Enrique, Sahin, Assaidi, Henderson, Carragher, Suso.

Nice to see Shelvey start, and nice to see Suso on the bench..

Downing not even in the squad!

Very brave selection by Rodgers, nice to see he won't change the philosophy of his play despite the mixed results so far this season. If he's given enough time, I think Rodgers can really turn Liverpool around.

Can see a lot of similarities between Rodgers taking Liverpool over this season, and Alex Fergerson taking over Man Utd in 86. United had won the FA cup in 1985 and come close to winning the league in the 85-86 season. Liverpool haven't won the league in 22 years and United hadn't won the league for 19 years when Fergerson took over. Both managers came to a huge club fallen on very hard times.

Will be interesting to see if the Liverpool hierarchy give Rodgers the time needed to make the changes to Liverpool which are so needed, like United did for Fergerson and if Rodgers is able to restore Liverpool to its former glories.

Red seriously oO)

Think the ref may have seen intent or something else. seemed a very committed challenge. thought they were both committed to the ball myself. yellow maybe but not sure about red.

Saying that, the way he went would be deemed he's not in control

Back