The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just seen it again, and yes it was a dive and a poor attempt at that,

But, this is also partly due to him getting no decisions what so ever, he now has to make it look a foul and over exagerate for it even to be considered which is wrong, a player gets a reputation but in certain circumstances Suarez has been given absolutely nothing for a while now

Right, but we didn't just randomly choose one player in the Prem and say 'right, he's going to have a bad reputation'. Suarez earned all of this because he did, and as seen today, still does, dive and playact to huge lengths. As I said before, he's reaping what he sows here.

Also, again im not defending, but the amount of players that dive, Bale is a perfect example today, nothing is said, Suarez does something and its a massive witch hunt

Don't be ridiculous, everyone is condemning Bale too.

Don't be ridiculous, everyone is condemning Bale too.

I'm not. I can see why Bale went down and I would have done the same if I was in his position. Just looks like he was getting out of the way of the inevitable clattering that would have happened if the keeper didn't stop his kick.

I'm not. I can see why Bale went down and I would have done the same if I was in his position. Just looks like he was getting out of the way of the inevitable clattering that would have happened if the keeper didn't stop his kick.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Bale is a diver, so is Ashley Young, Nani, etc etc.

The key difference as shown by yesterday's 2 examples is, Bale didn't writhe around like he'd just been shot, appeal to referee, gesticulate endlessly for a card, or do any of the other ridiculous **** Suarez tries to pull.

I think it's clear Bale dived in the hope the keeper would make contact with him, thus tricking the referee into thinking its a foul, leading to the possibility of a red card. When Guzan cleverly pulled out, Bale was left looking like a total mug, which is why he slid along and kept his head down. He was embarrassed, and rightly so.

Suarez on the other hand, minimal contact results in some sort of solo mud wrestling match to make it clear he's in more pain than anyone's ever been in before.

I agree he gets targeted, and the thing with Huth was horrific. But this doesn't excuse the fact that he is possibly the worst player for diving this league has ever seen.

Was funny seeing Stoke's 'lets see who can kick a player the hardest' tactics

if diving needs to be sorted, maybe rugby tactics does aswell?

diving dont hurt not like stoke horror tackles.

If someone unfairly dives for a penalty, and ends up relegating a team or costing them a trophy, the loss of millions and/or silverware is a bit of a ******, though.

Bale is a diver, so is Ashley Young, Nani, etc etc.

The key difference as shown by yesterday's 2 examples is, Bale didn't writhe around like he'd just been shot, appeal to referee, gesticulate endlessly for a card, or do any of the other ridiculous **** Suarez tries to pull.

I think it's clear Bale dived in the hope the keeper would make contact with him, thus tricking the referee into thinking its a foul, leading to the possibility of a red card. When Guzan cleverly pulled out, Bale was left looking like a total mug, which is why he slid along and kept his head down. He was embarrassed, and rightly so.

Suarez on the other hand, minimal contact results in some sort of solo mud wrestling match to make it clear he's in more pain than anyone's ever been in before.

I agree he gets targeted, and the thing with Huth was horrific. But this doesn't excuse the fact that he is possibly the worst player for diving this league has ever seen.

I disagree. Honestly, I get he dives, he does. But he's not the worst. Crikey.

I said possibly. Whether its quantifiable or not who knows. There's probably players over the years who have dived more than him, but to me no one has ever writhed around, play acted or called for the yellow card as much as he does.

Young, Nani, Robben, Ronaldo were/are all worse than Suarez for diving IMO.

Last edited:
Young, Nani, Robben, Ronaldo were/are all worse than Suarez for diving IMO.

Definitely not Young or Nani. Robben and Ronaldo certainly possible. At the risk of going over ground which has already been thoroughly covered, Suarez has now built up a pretty well established reputation and as such is getting unfairly treated by referees and also the media, who make a point of every occasion when Suarez misbehaves.

Other lesser known plays possibly dive more, but don't get the attention Suarez does, because he's Suarez. He's disliked by most people and is possibly the division's biggest 'bad guy'. Thus every misdemeanour is seized upon with relish as another way to discredit him.

anyone got a vid of one theese other dives that gave ssaurez this reputation, his dive today was stupid, but there was contact before he fell to his knees.

he should of had 3 penalties this season already, maybe this time he decided to exegerate the foul to try to win one.

why dont bale, or young or nani have the same reputation, they dive a lot but are mostly supported.

Definitely not Young or Nani. Robben and Ronaldo certainly possible. At the risk of going over ground which has already been thoroughly covered, Suarez has now built up a pretty well established reputation and as such is getting unfairly treated by referees and also the media, who make a point of every occasion when Suarez misbehaves.

Other lesser known plays possibly dive more, but don't get the attention Suarez does, because he's Suarez. He's disliked by most people and is possibly the division's biggest 'bad guy'. Thus every misdemeanour is seized upon with relish as another way to discredit him.

the media built that reputation not saurez, he has very rarely gone down with no contact, which is what a diveis.

Young especially and some times nani, have gone down without contact far more times than any other player in the league, except perhaps Bale. but they are not roundly abused becuase of it.

I don't think many players dive more though. Suarez is just a good player, and good players who also dive (they don't need to, they're good enough to not bother) tend to get more attention. That doesn't mean people forget their talent, but it is certainly tainted.

Think of Bale, diver. Think of Busquets, diver. Think of Pepe, cheat, diver. Ronaldo, diver. Young, diver. Robben, diver.

I think, at least speaking to fellow fans, people forget their talent if they cheat. They think 'Well, if this guy has to cheat to do well, then how good is he really?'. That isn't to say other players don't fall over, but I wish this group didn't do it so blatantly, as individually they're all excellent players who should be mentioned for being brilliant at what they do instead of the other side of their game.

The problem Suarez has is he's gone from being fined and banned for fighting in the Dutch league, to biting, to diving, playacting, and on top of that the whole racism thing which KK should have let die instead of make everyone wear Suarez t-shirts. It's ridiculous that Rodgers has come out saying 'Oh I feel sorry for him', and is about as likely to glean sympathy as if Fergie came out saying how he felt Keane was unfairly treated because he's actually a really good guy.

The point is maybe he is a good guy, but if he hides it beneath all the acting, the nonsense, the victim mentality without accepting responsibility, then nobody is going to see it.

Last edited:
Back