The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I said possibly. Whether its quantifiable or not who knows. There's probably players over the years who have dived more than him, but to me no one has ever writhed around, play acted or called for the yellow card as much as he does.

nani young and bale are all worse and still play in the league. the media love them though so its ok.

I think Robben and Drogba in their first few season's were the worst i have seen.. Cant really say about waving the imaginary yellow card, Even Messi has done that, including in the recent Classico

the media built that reputation not saurez, he has very rarely gone down with no contact, which is what a diveis.

Young especially and some times nani, have gone down without contact far more times than any other player in the league, except perhaps Bale. but they are not roundly abused becuase of it.

Just lol. The bias on this thread is just ridiculous. Why do Liverpool fans always have to feel like victims? Suarez is a good player, no denying that, but surely you have to agree that he dives constantly and is just not a nice person

Just lol. The bias on this thread is just ridiculous. Why do Liverpool fans always have to feel like victims? Suarez is a good player, no denying that, but surely you have to agree that he dives constantly and is just not a nice person

can you or anyone here find some occasions when he went down with no contact as a liverpool player? i bet you do not find more than maybe 2 or 3, you will find a lot more from other players. I do not care if he is a nice person, a lot of footballers are not. like terry, cole, rooney all utter twats personally, but talented players, he is not as bad as the media will like you to think.

he was booked for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcwtHaVEPo and against sunderland

the media made out both be dives.

when both times they were fouls

some roooney dives for comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5-zLu8S9U&feature=related

Last edited:
I think a lot of the stick Suarez is getting is based around the fact that ours is a physical league, and the way he goes down makes a mockery of our tough man philosophy. What is embarrassing in the UK may not be in South America, yet I'm surprised he's not been condemned by his peers - perhaps he has thicker skin than I have?

His situation is similar to that of Drogba, although I wouldn't put Bale, Young etc in the same bracket. From what I've seen, Bale seems to hit the deck in anticipation of a challenge that sometimes doesn't come in, and Young tends to dangle his legs and force contact to go down. I'm not saying either are less disgusting in terms of fair play and cheating, but Suarez' dives are more embarrassing imo.

Rivaldo still was the worst for me though. I'll always remember him for that play acting rathre than his immense talent - shame really.

the media built that reputation not saurez, he has very rarely gone down with no contact, which is what a diveis.

Young especially and some times nani, have gone down without contact far more times than any other player in the league, except perhaps Bale. but they are not roundly abused becuase of it.

This is nonsense, on two points. One Suarez goes down under no contact frequently, since his ajax days.

Two, Young and Nani were roundly abused for it, especially Nani. Or have liverpool fans forgot how they chastised Nani for diving, despite the fact his leg was gashed open. The press frequently rebuked nani, and did the same to Young recently.

Also diving under contact, is still diving. If said contact doesnt trip or impede you, and you throw yourself to the ground, thats still simulation/diving.

This is nonsense, on two points. One Suarez goes down under no contact frequently, since his ajax days.

Two, Young and Nani were roundly abused for it, especially Nani. Or have liverpool fans forgot how they chastised Nani for diving, despite the fact his leg was gashed open. The press frequently rebuked nani, and did the same to Young recently.

Also diving under contact, is still diving. If said contact doesnt trip or impede you, and you throw yourself to the ground, thats still simulation/diving.

i answered the same comment on my last post. his two bookings for diving were both fouls, even his stupid belly flop thing at the weekend followed a slight foul.

if anyone shows me all these times he has gone down with no contact, i will quickly change my opinion.

Last edited:
i answered the same comment on my last post. his two bookings for diving were both fouls, even his stupid belly flop thing at the weekend followed a slight foul.

if anyone shows me all these times he has gone down with no contact, i will quickly change my opinion.

That was not a foul on him in any way. The one on by evans was not a foul. contact does not equal a foul, by any means. Jake has given one example in 30 seconds earlier on the thread. Have a look on youtube. Read all the articles by dutch writers. I actually watched Suarez for Ajax, this isnt just an English thing.

Last edited:
That was not a foul on him in any way. The one on by evans was not a foul. contact does not equal a foul, by any means. Jake has given one example in 30 seconds earlier on the thread.

even that one jake put up contact was made, on his thigh, it might not of been much and he shouldnt of gone down, but contact was made.

he exagerates fouls, and his quick feet can draw contact from the other palyers like the one against evans. it would of been a harsh penalty, some times players get them other times not, but it still was not a dive with no contact. i did see his ridiculus dive for ajax, i know i am wasting my time defending him,

but he is not as bad as the press make him out to be. and he should be getting more penalties than he is getting.

Last edited:
even that one jake put up contact was made, on his thigh, it might not of been much and he shouldnt of gone down, but contact was made.

he exagerates fouls, and his quick feet can draw contact from the other palyers like the one against evans. it would of been a harsh penalty, some times players get them other times not, but it still was not a dive with no contact.

No he exaggerates contact. That is completely different. And there is certainly no foul in that video Jake makes. Contact does not mean a foul.

he's not the only person to do it. But please lets not pretend he's anywhere near a victim.

Stop coming out with the same idiotic argument. Nobody is saying 'He dives without any contact' all the time. Who gives a **** if there is contact or not - diving and simulation does not have to be exclusive to contact or no contact. Then are you going to ask people to go through a list of fouls where he should have stayed on his feet or not? This is a smoke and mirrors argument you're trying to have to prove some sub-statement that "He doesn't go down when there is no contact (therefore he isn't a cheat)"

He's a cheat, but he's your cheat, at least have the balls to admit that you support him as he wears your colours so you're prepared to overlook his indiscretions.

Also if I am ever become this much of a hypocrite when it comes to my team, kindly tell me to go support a rounders team instead.

There is alot of times Suarez makes a meal out of challenges, im not defending him he dives, but there is almost nearly always a little bit of contact he just goes down because if you stay on your feet you dont get fouls

now no matter what he does he dont get fouls, partly his fault, but the referee's should be more professional and not assume its a dive as soon as suarez is involved... there has been 2 or 3 stonewall penalty's this year gone against us

Am I misunderstanding this post? If incidents like the one against Stoke ever start being deemed fouls I will give up watching football.

Am I misunderstanding this post? If incidents like the one against Stoke ever start being deemed fouls I will give up watching football.

Just selective arguments. As I said before, the people making the arguments for Suarez now, are the ones who were outraged when Berbatov got a penalty against them a couple of years ago.

he exagerates fouls, and his quick feet can draw contact from the other palyers like the one against evans. it would of been a harsh penalty, some times players get them other times not, but it still was not a dive with no contact. i did see his ridiculus dive for ajax, i know i am wasting my time defending him,

but he is not as bad as the press make him out to be. and he should be getting more penalties than he is getting.

There was me thinking football was a SEMI CONTACT sport..........

nani young and bale are all worse and still play in the league. the media love them though so its ok.

Like I've said before, a statement like that isn't quantifiable.

You and plenty of others have offered up other divers who are 'as bad' or 'worse' than Suarez.

What I'm saying is, it's not just the physical act of going down with little/no contact, it's his behaviour afterwards that separates him from other divers.

In a week when a rugby league player played 40 minutes with a ruptured ******** ( surgically removed after the game) suarez's writhing around like he's in incredible pain is ridiculous, combined with constant gesticulation to the ref and calling for a yellow, it just turns him into an embarrassment.

As I said before, bale clearly tried to win a free kick and possible red for Guzan, but as soon as he realised he'd totally misjudged it he just kept his head down, slid along and then slowly picked himself up. It's cheating just like Suarez, but Suarez usually throws himself about far more theatrically, and then writhes around feigning injury, it's pathetic, there no embarrassment or shame, even when it must be totally obvious that he's been caught out.

Combine this with his track record of being a ****. Biting an opponent when at Ajax, kicking Dawson off the ball while Dawson was sat down, pulling Rafaels hair, kicking Parker in the stomach and eye gouging him in the same game, flipping the bird to opposition fans and the media, racism, handshake, etc etc, and he becomes the perfect hate figure. And now he's being targeted, by refs, opposition players, fans, media, and rightly so in my opinion.

Im not saying things like the huth stamp and a few other fouls I've seen on him aren't horrific, and people are obviously trying to put him out of the game not just because he's a ****, but also because he's a fantastic player when he's actually interested in being on his feet.

It got to the point long ago where if he played for my club I would have stopped defending him, thats a statement thats easy to dismiss, but I genuinely mean that. Now I'm not one for rivalries beyond friendly banter, fans fighting each other and things like Munich and hillsborough chants are for brain dead morons far below my level of intellect, quite what they hope to achieve is beyond me. That being said, the slogan 'always the victims' (for all it's terrible historical links and meanings) is a very poignant one if you take suarez's behaviour and the defence of it by 2 managers and Liverpool fans over the last 18months into account.

***Not sure I made it clear enough for certain individuals here. In no way was I trying to incite a Liverpool man utd row on here by using that statement. Take away all the meaning that statement holds between our two clubs and just look at it as 3 words like any other 3.****

Last edited:

-_- ... of course there is bias on a LIVERPOOL thread where LIVERPOOL FANS talk about LIVERPOOL. The same way there is bias on the United thread and Chelsea thread and all other club threads where fans talk about their team.

[video=youtube;mNx5ok60U6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNx5ok60U6A[/video]

Last edited:
-_- ... of course there is bias on a LIVERPOOL thread where LIVERPOOL FANS talk about LIVERPOOL. The same way there is bias on the United thread and Chelsea thread and all other club threads where fans talk about their team.

[video=youtube;mNx5ok60U6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNx5ok60U6A[/video]

Yeah, ive watched it. Notice he calls what Ashley Young is doing a dive. and he is right its an epidemic.

And actually there isnt much bias, Check the United thread re: Young and Welbeck, everyone has not only been open enough to admit they dive, they have also been criticising them. Just because they play for you doesnt mean they cant do wrong.

Last edited:

Except you don't see anyone on the United thread defending Young or Nani when they dive. The issue here isn't necessarily WHETHER you're being biased, it is to what extent, and in this thread the bias is pretty major.

Except you don't see anyone on the United thread defending Young or Nani when they dive. The issue here isn't necessarily WHETHER you're being biased, it is to what extent, and in this thread the bias is pretty major.

Quite, if anything we spend time criticising them, Young in particular.

Back