The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
but its Liverpool, so it wont happen, we'll probably sign Grant Holt instead.

For about £25M :P

Excited at the prospect of Huntelaar but not so much by Walcott. Clinical finisher and im happy

im amazed at the amount of people saying it wasnt a red, it was a nasty challenge.. Suarez is just lucky he didnt make alot of contact

It was a definite red. You dont need to have contact for a red, and its certainly a good thing there wasnt. I'm not convinced Suarez needed to bowl over though, that linesman was immediately saying "that's bad, that's a red"

Again i say it with a pinch of salt,

but the prospect of Walcott - Huntelaar - Suarez as a front three is very exciting

but its Liverpool, so it wont happen, we'll probably sign Grant Holt instead.

I'm sure our front three will be 33% percent of what you have up there.. (; - Honestly don't think we would go for Huntelaar, but I guess Walcott is realistic, we can offer him the wages he wants and I think our set-up is perfect for someone like him.. Having said that I do believe Sterling is good enough to keep his first team place so £100k a week for Walcott isn't massively necessary.

I don't believe Huntelaar would be a good signing for us, he had a good season last year but I'm not convinced he would add much to our squad, or many top sides. Having said that, he has done well in the CL this year.

Looks like: Jones Downing Coates Wisdom Carragher Flanno Shelvey Henderson Coady Cole Morgan .... Downing and Flanno as wing backs! #LFC

Apparentley the team for tomorrow.. not very confident to say the least

Looks like: Jones Downing Coates Wisdom Carragher Flanno Shelvey Henderson Coady Cole Morgan .... Downing and Flanno as wing backs! #LFC

Apparentley the team for tomorrow.. not very confident to say the least

I highly doubt that's the team. Teams are usually announced only hours before the game so things could change.

I highly doubt that's the team. Teams are usually announced only hours before the game so things could change.

teams are usually settled around a day before as the team prepares in training its just weather it gets leaked or not,

not 100% but i would be surprised if it is a very different line up

teams are usually settled around a day before as the team prepares in training its just weather it gets leaked or not,

not 100% but i would be surprised if it is a very different line up

Well then it seems we are focusing all our attentions on the league. Shame really, the EL would have been a nice trophy to compete for :(

Last edited:
Well then it seems we are focusing all our attentions on the league. Shame really, the EL would have been a nice trophy to compete for :(

Yep, team was spot on.... our squad is too thin to compete on thursdays then compete in the league aswell

Yep, team was spot on.... our squad is too thin to compete on thursdays then compete in the league aswell

Don't know about you though, but I find Thursdays fascinating to watch for that reason. The kids are fearless.

Don't know about you though, but I find Thursdays fascinating to watch for that reason. The kids are fearless.

yes they are and its good for them to get a run out... but Anzhi away with Eto'o, Traore, Zhirkov, Samba, Boussouffa in the starting 11 is a different game

yes they are and its good for them to get a run out... but Anzhi away with Eto'o, Traore, Zhirkov, Samba, Boussouffa in the starting 11 is a different game

Well, Anzhi are near enough as away from home as us. :) It seems that a lot of the Lokomotiv and Dinamo fans like to turn up to the European ties just to heckle and boo Anzhi, we may have more support. :D

But yes, difficult tie for the youngsters, but also fantastic experience. I think we may even nick a draw.

Well, Anzhi are near enough as away from home as us. :) It seems that a lot of the Lokomotiv and Dinamo fans like to turn up to the European ties just to heckle and boo Anzhi, we may have more support. :D

But yes, difficult tie for the youngsters, but also fantastic experience. I think we may even nick a draw.

Will be interesting how we perform, hope im wrong but cannot see anything other than a Anzhi win.. none the less Cam On you reds! haha

Not expecting a win but huge game for the kids, will be nice to see how they cope.

Am I the only one wanting us to sell Reina while he's still able to attract buyers/get a decent fee for him and get a backup for Jones? Jones is freaking amazing.

ALSO, the youngsters are handling this match really well!

Am I the only one wanting us to sell Reina while he's still able to attract buyers/get a decent fee for him and get a backup for Jones? Jones is freaking amazing.

Probably not, there are a lot of stupid fans.

Lads playing quite well was controlling the game, but Poor from Coates to get sucked in and Poor from Jones to come out of his goal..

No. Jones is not a first choice keeper, makes mistakes just like Pepe, Pepe is just more high profile so people jump on every single thing

Reina should be our first choice keeper when fit.

Back