The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Jut copied it from a site,

And? Whether it was you who posted it or not, you putting it here means you either didn't read it at all or you agree with it.

you say he can't finish half chances properly? Yes but he is also a lot better than the players you mentioned at creating chances

Again, your point? Mike. didn't say anything about creating chances. You were explicitly talking about putting away chances, not creating them. We're not debating Suarez as a player, we're debating him as a finisher.

On that note, Suarez isn't as bad a finisher as the media has made out, but he's not as good as some are now making him out to be either. He'll put away most clear-cut chances, but he'll also waste promising positions. Still needs to work on his finishing.

Jut copied it from a site,

you say he can't finish half chances properly? Yes but he is also a lot better than the players you mentioned at creating chances

so joint top scorer in the league and one of our most creative ain't half bad

Just pointing out they aren't tell the whole story, in order to spin it more positively. I didn't say anything about creativity, since we weren't debating that. Although adept at creating chances for Arsenal players last season, sadly they didn't take full advantage.

Top scorer? yes. Top finisher? no. And the difference will be those half chances, because those are created far more often than clear cut ones. Arguably the difference between mid-table and a top 6 tilt, given how much goes through him.

Last edited:
Didnt Huntelaar say he isn't moving in the Jan window?

True but how many players have said similar things before only to move anyway? plus out of the players we have been linked with and with what we have he does seem the most viable.

True but how many players have said similar things before only to move anyway? plus out of the players we have been linked with and with what we have he does seem the most viable.

He is linked with lots of clubs and Schalke are in no need to sell as they need him in the CL and fight for Bundesliga. Also his agent said he will consider his future on christmas so wont be him.

So the news was Man City preparing a 40mil bid for Suarez

more rumours... Just what we want

FSG would take £40 mil for Suarez no doubt. Let's hope he doesn't want to move

Dont think its a rumour. The real question is whether it will actually come off.

Hold on, am I hearing this right, Suarez to City, announced tomorrow???? (******** myself as a United fan).

Last edited:
apparently arsenal are after pepe so could be a bad january transfer widow for us

For some reason I thought you were on about the Real Madrid Centre Back at first was like... dafuq.

IMO Pepe Reina hasn't been happy at Liverpool for a while, whether he thinks he deserves to be at a bigger club I'm not sure.

i wouldnt be suprised if he did go tbh hes not been himself for 2 years i wouldnt mind letting him go an have a pop at Hugo Lloris who isnt happy at spurs wouldnt be a bad swap

i wouldnt be suprised if he did go tbh hes not been himself for 2 years i wouldnt mind letting him go an have a pop at Hugo Lloris who isnt happy at spurs wouldnt be a bad swap

Are you mad? Spurs wouldn't let Hugo Lloris go, Brad Friedel is having his last season probably.

Back