The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
We are quite awful all around tbh, not just finishing wise. I think Rodgers insistency to play the way he does also has a hand in the poor performances, as the players just aren't good enough for a possession game.

I dont watch enough of Pool to really know Iv seen a few games and usually it seems that scoring is an issue and of course like today sometimes your DF isnt good enough...
I just think a good striker would do alot for you probably propel you to Europa Lge places but id say you're 4 or 5 players away from assuring Champions Lge each year...
Its funny too every game Iv seen you are a bit unlucky...

Came out strong both halves, should really have been in a nice lead before Villa got their first.
Can't take anything away from Villa though, they defended brilliantly and we just couldn't get anything together in the second half.

I agree mate I think liverpool are heading in the right direction, just pointing out the fickleness of fans who last week when you beat west ham probably had a different opinion

You're definitely right. Realistically, I think Liverpool will scrape a 10th place finish with the current crop. We have a decent first team but we don't have enough depth or quality. The fact that we rely on Sterling to provide width and creativity is also shambolic, but again Rodgers has to work with what he has got due to the past failings of Daliglish's inept signings. The football has been good and we are improving, but it will be a few years before we begin to challenge for champions league places.

-Suarez = Legend, no matter what anybody says.

-Liverpool lucky to stay up? must of been utd/everton fans

-Gerrard past it? now there's one I cant dissagree with, I think he is past it.. yes he scored today, yes he may be one of our best midfielders, but that just shows how far behind Liverpool actually are, sad but true, which ever way you look at it.

-Rodgers the right man? who knows? I sure dont know what to think, but time will certainly tell, I just dont think we have a good enough squad and its as simple as that.

Dalglish & Martinez.. nah lol.. don't need to be doing any worse than what we are now... as for the scouse accent part, not been funny or anything fella but whats that gotta do with anything? there's LFC supporters all around the world, just because your scouse doesn't make you a better fan, every supported has an opinion, weather we agree or not.. although most of these on talksport probably wasn't fans.

I knmow liverpool have fans all over, but after about ten callers not a single scouse accent all southerners I just personally find that odd.

You're definitely right. Realistically, I think Liverpool will scrape a 10th place finish with the current crop. We have a decent first team but we don't have enough depth or quality. The fact that we rely on Sterling to provide width and creativity is also shambolic, but again Rodgers has to work with what he has got due to the past failings of Daliglish's inept signings. The football has been good and we are improving, but it will be a few years before we begin to challenge for champions league places.

couldn't agree with you more mate

I dont watch enough of Pool to really know Iv seen a few games and usually it seems that scoring is an issue and of course like today sometimes your DF isnt good enough...
I just think a good striker would do alot for you probably propel you to Europa Lge places but id say you're 4 or 5 players away from assuring Champions Lge each year...
Its funny too every game Iv seen you are a bit unlucky...

Unfortunately my friend our team just isn't good enough to strongly challenge for anything at the moment. You can only blame luck for a certain amount of time before you realise that there is just not that much quality in the team apart from 3-4 players.

Unfortunately my friend our team just isn't good enough to strongly challenge for anything at the moment. You can only blame luck for a certain amount of time before you realise that there is just not that much quality in the team apart from 3-4 players.

I get a lot of Liverpool 'propaganda' from mate Id change a lot of Liverpools players if I was in charge but I think the owner wants to be sensible about things... Id be holding on to Rodgers anyway given time I think he will transfer form things he's a little bit overrated as a manager but I still think he is quite a good one... At Pool he is working from scratch whereas with Swansea the foundation of the style was already there because of Martinez...
Its the same for Villa some fans were starting to question Lambert before the united game but we're unbeaten now since the City match and in the League Cup semi's... Things have turned around for us some guys comments in here a good and I like reading them but I dont particularly like the "embarrassing to lose 3-1 to Villa" comments but you get that I suppose...

Il give you all a little fact: Im 99% certain Lambert has never lost to Rodgers as a manager and if he has it has only been once...
Anyway you were unlucky today and given time I think Rodgers will turn things around but as you say there is a good case for needing more quality throughout the side...

Amazing how when we win our fans are saying how amazing we are and how we could get Champions League football.. Yet when we lose we are the worst team ever who will be lucky to stay up unless we sack/ buy everyone.

Saying that, we should have beat Villa.. I mean, seriously.

I get a lot of Liverpool 'propaganda' from mate Id change a lot of Liverpools players if I was in charge but I think the owner wants to be sensible about things... Id be holding on to Rodgers anyway given time I think he will transfer form things he's a little bit overrated as a manager but I still think he is quite a good one... At Pool he is working from scratch whereas with Swansea the foundation of the style was already there because of Martinez...
Its the same for Villa some fans were starting to question Lambert before the united game but we're unbeaten now since the City match and in the League Cup semi's... Things have turned around for us some guys comments in here a good and I like reading them but I dont particularly like the "embarrassing to lose 3-1 to Villa" comments but you get that I suppose...

Il give you all a little fact: Im 99% certain Lambert has never lost to Rodgers as a manager and if he has it has only been once...
Anyway you were unlucky today and given time I think Rodgers will turn things around but as you say there is a good case for needing more quality throughout the side...

Yeah, maybe you're right and we were probably a little unlucky but again we can't keep blaming bad luck. I genuinely believe that with two new quality wingers, a centre-mid and a centre-half that we'd be much stronger as a team but like you said we need to give Rodgers time.

I genuinely believe that with two new quality wingers, a centre-mid and a centre-half that we'd be much stronger as a team but like you said we need to give Rodgers time.

Not asking for too much then?

Amazing how when we win our fans are saying how amazing we are and how we could get Champions League football.. Yet when we lose we are the worst team ever who will be lucky to stay up unless we sack/ buy everyone.

Saying that, we should have beat Villa.. I mean, seriously.

Well, at least people can't complain about FM's realism anymore lol

Once again though it makes me laugh the over Exagerration from fans!

Before this game top 4 was on, now were getting relegated haha!

not a bad performanc entirely, Villa countered well and had good tactics.. We were very wasteful despite dominating in most areas

i say again, January is massive for us, need a couple of good attacking players to even contemplate top 4!

Once again though it makes me laugh the over Exagerration from fans!

Before this game top 4 was on, now were getting relegated haha!

not a bad performanc entirely, Villa countered well and had good tactics.. We were very wasteful despite dominating in most areas

i say again, January is massive for us, need a couple of good attacking players to even contemplate top 4!

Personally still think Europa is still feasable-like you said depending on what happens in Jan. I have a feeling Liverpool will have some surprises in store further down the road.

Though I fully expect the next Derby to be a humiliating defeat at our hands ;)

On another day i.e when Benteke was not available the result would have gone Liverpool's way but he was simply unplayable today. If he keeps this up i can't see him being at Villa long.

Back