The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
On another day i.e when Benteke was not available the result would have gone Liverpool's way but he was simply unplayable today. If he keeps this up i can't see him being at Villa long.

I like Benteke but the first goal we should have closed him down and his second was bad from us... Cole giving the ball away then letting walk through the middle!

Yes he played well but poor simple errors cost us more than anything

Alright, a new day, I'll stop just laughing at you all now.

Villa played much better yesterday. You were outfought, but honestly Rodgers did not help himself one bit with his tactics. Villa play a 3-4-3 which is strong in the middle and vulnerable on the flanks (though it was more of a 3-4-1-2 yesterday, which is even more so) so what does Rodgers do? Have Shelvey and Sterling as narrow support for Suarez and make your full-backs try to take on our wing-backs. Wing-backs always win in direct confrontation with full-backs, and so we then dominated every area of the pitch.

Lucas was atrocious too. He needed to be at his best to prevent quick breaks through the middle and help his side win the midfield battle, but he made 0 successful tackles. I know he's just come back from injury, but it was a major means to Liverpool's end.

tl;dr lololololol

I thought the entire midfield was awful, Gerrard, Allen, too. If anything I thought Lucas was better than the other two.

I'm ****** sick of Gerrard now. I feel awful for saying it, but he's a hinderer we won't be able to play the way Rodgers wants us to, with him in the team.

Just watched the highlights now. How embarrassing. 3-0 down to a side like aston villa.

I know the solution and I'm going to sent Brendan an e-mail. STICK STEVIE UPFRONT. Everyone else is *****. Play Suarez behind him as a treq.

I thought the entire midfield was awful, Gerrard, Allen, too. If anything I thought Lucas was better than the other two.

I'm ****** sick of Gerrard now. I feel awful for saying it, but he's a hinderer we won't be able to play the way Rodgers wants us to, with him in the team.

To be fair, non Liverpool fans have been saying this since Time immemorial. AMC in a 4-2-3-1 or bust.

Just watched the highlights now. How embarrassing. 3-0 down to a side like aston villa.

Ikr, and they were Villa's reserve players according to some people in this thread! Awful!

Ikr, and they were Villa's reserve players according to some people in this thread! Awful!

I couldn't hide my embarrassment today in work. Truly embarrassing. I don't know what more to say. You can't be getting beat like that by teams battling for relegation. :/

I couldn't hide my embarrassment today in work. Truly embarrassing. I don't know what more to say. You can't be getting beat like that by teams battling for relegation. :/

I was worried we might get beaten by a team including Stewart Downing, but luckily it didn't come to pass! :)

If Liverpool's players approached the game with the same level of arrogance as Liverpool fans, its no surprise they got dealt with. Did like Rodgers focusing his attacks into the congested middle of a 3 man defence though, as opposed to attacking and overloading relatively undermanned flanks...

If Liverpool's players approached the game with the same level of arrogance as Liverpool fans, its no surprise they got dealt with. Did like Rodgers focusing his attacks into the congested middle of a 3 man defence though, as opposed to attacking and overloading relatively undermanned flanks...

Utterly bonkers. The Liverpool match was the most any team's played into Lambert's hands. Even Tony Pulis switched to three at the back to match our shape. Rodgers is occasionally far too dogmatic to switch up his tactics and style, even if the game demands it. The best way to face our 3-4-1-2 would theoretically be to double up on the flanks and look to break down them at every opportunity. Rodgers forced it central and got his team to recycle the ball in midfield before taking an ineffectual shot.

Utterly bonkers. The Liverpool match was the most any team's played into Lambert's hands. Even Tony Pulis switched to three at the back to match our shape. Rodgers is occasionally far too dogmatic to switch up his tactics and style, even if the game demands it. The best way to face our 3-4-1-2 would theoretically be to double up on the flanks and look to break down them at every opportunity. Rodgers forced it central and got his team to recycle the ball in midfield before taking an ineffectual shot.

I'd say he is more than occaisonally dogmatic, when you consider he has been trying to put Gerrard at the heart of a possession based 4-3-3.

I was worried we might get beaten by a team including Stewart Downing, but luckily it didn't come to pass! :)

Haha. Been trying to wind you up if you haven't noticed mate. We truly got benteke'd. We actually didn't play too bad, but same old story about not having a clinical striker, or anyone that can even finish for that matter.

I still think we should stick Stevie up there. He normally finishes his one on ones off no problem.

Suppose we'll let GC have his little digs, Villa have had less to shout about than LFC this season, which is hard to do

The game against Villa was just like having Kenny back in charge again. Made a flying start to the match and could have easily been 2 or 3 up in the first 15 minutes and then after that we just fizzled out and somehow got beat by Villa's reserves.

Today Justice Collective’s reworking of He Ain’t Heavy He’s My Brother is relesaed lets make number 1 also on i tunes for 99p and in the shops. Stars on the song are Robbie Williams, The Clash’s Mick Jones, Paloma Faith and John bishop and the king Kenny.

Proceeds from the single released on December 17 will go towards the families’ legal costs in their fight for justice.

Last edited:
Today Justice Collective’s reworking of He Ain’t Heavy He’s My Brother is relesaed lets make number 1 also on i tunes for 99p and in the shops. Stars on the song are Robbie Williams, The Clash’s Mick Jones, Paloma Faith and John bishop and the king Kenny.

Proceeds from the single released on December 17 will go towards the families’ legal costs in their fight for justice.

Bought mine this morning. Phil Thompson was in Liverpool One as well in the HMV for the release of the single. I saw him in clinton cards down the road though, haha!

Back