The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't understand why Suso got fined for calling somebody 'gay'?.. The FA make me laugh.. Rather than actually doing any real work they just go around fining people for what they post on social media sites!

Because they have quite clear guidelines about what goes on social sites. And this is actually part of their work. This isn't new or sneaky.

Just been watching 'Revista de La Liga' then and it was mentioned that Feghouli from Valencia has been linked with us, no price mentioned. Could be a good buy.

What are your opinions?

The Suso fine is petty and stupid, it was a joke between mates, nothing malicious or targeting anybody..

Yes the FA have rules in place, but this is stupid

Because they have quite clear guidelines about what goes on social sites. And this is actually part of their work. This isn't new or sneaky.

But it is ridiculous.

Just been watching 'Revista de La Liga' then and it was mentioned that Feghouli from Valencia has been linked with us, no price mentioned. Could be a good buy.

What are your opinions?

Good player, very tricky and can play both flanks. But he isnt a goalscorer, he is more of a chance creator. And Liverpool create chances already, what they need is those chances converted. Wouldnt be my primary target.

But it is ridiculous.

Yes it is, but its still there. Has to be followed whether we agree with it or not (think its overkill personally).

LFCMarshall I agree, but given the current climate, probably one he should be making in private.

As do all workplaces. Never said it was new or sneaky, just utterly retarded. What exactly was his crime?

I don't understand why Suso got fined for calling somebody 'gay'?.. The FA make me laugh.. Rather than actually doing any real work they just go around fining people for what they post on social media sites!

Is that the tweet he was fined for?

Don't worry it's not just the FA who do that. The Police do as well.

Enrique posted a picture of what i think was getting a dentist come to his house..

Suso posted the picture and put something like

' what is he doing.. is he gay?'

10k fine. ouch.

Enrique posted a picture of what i think was getting a dentist come to his house..

Suso posted the picture and put something like

' what is he doing.. is he gay?'

10k fine. ouch.

I'd say the fine was justified purely due to the quality of the joke.

Rory Smith has said Sturridge and Ince are essentially done, will be announced early in January. 18 million overall.

Sturridge will do well for you lot. Never given a proper chance as a CF at Chelsea because of Torres. Was one of our best players under AVB and excellent at Bolton.

That being said, decent money for a player will 6 months left on his contract.

Meh, reasonable enough. It is worth one Stewart Downing overall. Two young players, one an English international.
not my first choices by any means.

I think the clincher is that they're English. Wouldn't cost anywhere near as much if they weren't. Liverpool have a lot of English players though...

Sturridge will do well for you lot. Never given a proper chance as a CF at Chelsea because of Torres. Was one of our best players under AVB and excellent at Bolton.

That being said, decent money for a player will 6 months left on his contract.

Not entirely sure they will even play him at CF. Given his nature to shoot on sight they should, but not sure they will.

£18m a bit steep for the two, but beggars cant be choosers.

I think the clincher is that they're English. Wouldn't cost anywhere near as much if they weren't. Liverpool have a lot of English players though...

The "english premium". Not convinced Liverpool need to even buy English tbh.

Sturridge 12mil
Ince 6 mil... but will be 4 mil due to our 35% clause.

16 mil isn't that bad although wouldn't have been my first choice deals!

From the rumours, Walcott is still a possibility, and a more obscure rumour i just saw.. David Villa on loan! haha

I don't think it's an English premium. More a 'Well you paid more for Downing..." premium.

Back