The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
"Right. You've had 4 months scouting. What gems have you found?" "Well, there's this England international, and a lad you let go last year."

He does have a point I feel. From an England view, good that DS will get regular games, maybe Rodgers can round out his game too

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
"Right. You've had 4 months scouting. What gems have you found?" "Well, there's this England international, and a lad you let go last year."

He does have a point I feel. From an England view, good that DS will get regular games, maybe Rodgers can round out his game too

partly agree, however its a new set up, and if we chose to get a player who perhaps were not as well known, fans would have a field day criticising

suppose you cant really win

partly agree, however its a new set up, and if we chose to get a player who perhaps were not as well known, fans would have a field day criticising

suppose you cant really win

Mmm true, damned if you do, damned if you don't. All you can do is hope they work out.

Good bit of business imo. Makes sense to go for Sturridge with his versatility to play AMR/ST and looks like a very fluid front 3 of Sturridge/Suarez/Borini. Hope he does well for England's sake. I've also been mightily impressed with Ince, he and Sterling should still see plenty of game time and gives the club extra attacking options.

I'd be after an AMC though, Herrera would be ideal if he's available.

Anfield Index isn't particularly enamoured with the signings:

Sturridge Finishing at Bolton 09/10: Total Clear-Cut Chances: 16 Clear-Cut Chances Scored: 4 CCC Conversion: 25% Suarez at 43% this season.
Daniel Sturridge 11/12 (Chelsea): Total Clear-Cut Chances: 16 Clear-Cut Chances Scored: 6 CCC Conversion: 38% Still below Suarez this term
Right now problem is that we cannot finish those clear-cut chances AND we aren't creating enough of those chances.

He has a point. I just wonder what Liverpool fans would rather: Ince and Sturridge or Mbokani and Suarez off Anderlecht? The latter two are available for £14 mil.

Anfield Index isn't particularly enamoured with the signings:

He has a point. I just wonder what Liverpool fans would rather: Ince and Sturridge or Mbokani and Suarez off Anderlecht? The latter two are available for £14 mil.

Probably Sturride and Ince still for me,

however agree with the stats.. Sturridge is not an out and out Scorer, so it seems Rodgers has gone for the fluid 3 approach, and hoping one of the three ( or help from midfield ) will score the goals!

Maybe

Sturridge - Borini - Suarez

very interchangeable with Sterling and Ince for impact/ rotation/ pace

Probably Sturride and Ince still for me,

however agree with the stats.. Sturridge is not an out and out Scorer, so it seems Rodgers has gone for the fluid 3 approach, and hoping one of the three ( or help from midfield ) will score the goals!

Maybe

Sturridge - Borini - Suarez

very interchangeable with Sterling and Ince for impact/ rotation/ pace

I was semi joking with Godcubed earlier that Rodgers plan was to create as many chances as possible till one hopefully goes in. I genuinely now think that is what he is doing.

I was semi joking with Godcubed earlier that Rodgers plan was to create as many chances as possible till one hopefully goes in. I genuinely now think that is what he is doing.

It has promise, but then has serious potential downfalls Aswell! Only time will tell,

however, I hope Borini gets a chance as a ST.. Believe he can be a better finisher than anyone we currently have.

It has promise, but then has serious potential downfalls Aswell! Only time will tell,

however, I hope Borini gets a chance as a ST.. Believe he can be a better finisher than anyone we currently have.

Borini's strengh is his movement, I believe he would create space for Suarez and (if he comes) Sturridge to exploit. Plus, he's a hard worker and a willing runner. Still, his finishing ability shouldn't be under-estimated and I believe he could potentially be our poacher.

You also wanted me to point out that Sturridge costs more than the Villa side that beat his new team.

Perhaps. Given that Suarez's shot to goals ratio is literally about 10 to one, you certainly need one.

We all know it won't happen though haha

We'll probably end up with Stephen Ireland!

A funny thing how he went from being superman to being supermeh. That said, he did show some glimpses of ability last season, plus, and it's a big plus, he told McLeish to **** off. That alone deserves recognition.

Mbokani would be a big risk for me, especially after a couple of failed moves at Monaco and a German side IIRC. He has a terrible attitude, and is one of those players that needs everything around him to be right for him to perform. Get it right though, and on his day he's Drogba-esque, but that's a big if.

Sturridge over him any day.

Mbokani would be a big risk for me, especially after a couple of failed moves at Monaco and a German side IIRC. He has a terrible attitude, and is one of those players that needs everything around him to be right for him to perform. Get it right though, and on his day he's Drogba-esque, but that's a big if.

Sturridge over him any day.

He's also about five years older than Sturridge, so it's a fair point, but I'd easily take Matias Suarez ahead of Sturridge. Not to mention it raises the possibility of just plain confusing the opposition with the Suarez/Suarez lineup.

He's also about five years older than Sturridge, so it's a fair point, but I'd easily take Matias Suarez ahead of Sturridge. Not to mention it raises the possibility of just plain confusing the opposition with the Suarez/Suarez lineup.

Lol. Chelsea should get Llorente for that very reason.

Haven't seen much of Suarez, but remember hearing he had work permit problems in the summer that deterred any potential move (Think Arsenal were interested).

Back