The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Lol. Chelsea should get Llorente for that very reason.

Haven't seen much of Suarez, but remember hearing he had work permit problems in the summer that deterred any potential move (Think Arsenal were interested).

He's such a good player. Coincidentally, he's pretty similar to Liverpool Suarez, albeit more clinical, less direct and a slightly poorer dribbler. Still, it is rather moot.

I have the feeling Sturridge will do well for Liverpool, though the prospect of Liverpool having two strikers with shots to goal ratios of 10/1 and 9/1 in Suarez and Sturridge respectively is quite amusing.

The problem with Suarez is his knee. He agreed a move to CSKA Moskva, but failed his medical. He then had surgery on his knee, and after he recovered CSKA went for him again, only for him to fail the medical once more. Bit of a gamble, that one, although I quite like him.

He's also about five years older than Sturridge, so it's a fair point, but I'd easily take Matias Suarez ahead of Sturridge. Not to mention it raises the possibility of just plain confusing the opposition with the Suarez/Suarez lineup.

I laughed at that harder than I should of..

I was semi joking with Godcubed earlier that Rodgers plan was to create as many chances as possible till one hopefully goes in. I genuinely now think that is what he is doing.

A clear sign we're building the team around Huntelaar.

Is that the tweet he was fined for?

Don't worry it's not just the FA who do that. The Police do as well.

I know.. At the end of the day, people can say what they want, he's not inciting hatred towards gays just making a gay joke.. Something I hear 1000 times a day at work. But I guess morally, it is wrong -.-

On the bright side, that's £10,000 towards drinks at the FA's Christmas party!

The "english premium". Not convinced Liverpool need to even buy English tbh.

We don't need to buy English for the sake of them being English.. We should be buying English if they're the best players in their position available (to us). Sturridge could go either way tbf, but Ince seems like a good investment.. Not to mention he's homegrown ;) lmao.

A clear sign we're building the team around Huntelaar.

You're kidding right? That would be waste of time.

We should have just signed Jackson Martinez in the Summer when we were linked with him!

I know.. At the end of the day, people can say what they want, he's not inciting hatred towards gays just making a gay joke.. Something I hear 1000 times a day at work. But I guess morally, it is wrong -.-

On the bright side, that's £10,000 towards drinks at the FA's Christmas party!

We don't need to buy English for the sake of them being English.. We should be buying English if they're the best players in their position available (to us). Sturridge could go either way tbf, but Ince seems like a good investment.. Not to mention he's homegrown ;) lmao.

No, at the end of the day people who are contracted to follow certain rules by their job cant say what they want if the contract they signed for says so. The fact that you hear it at your work doesn't matter.

No, at the end of the day people who are contracted to follow certain rules by their job cant say what they want if the contract they signed for says so. The fact that you hear it at your work doesn't matter.

Liverpool did not fine Suso.. They took no action against him. The FA took it into their own hands to fine him, do they have jurisdiction over what is said on Twitter? Probably not.

Liverpool did not fine Suso.. They took no action against him. The FA took it into their own hands to fine him, do they have jurisdiction over what is said on Twitter? Probably not.

Actually they do. Footballers who play in England are legally obliged to followed the Rules and Regulations of English league football, as set down by the FA.

Yes there are rules in place about social media sites ETC...

its just weather you agree with them or not, either way you'll get fined if you put what Suso did... dont agree with it, but hey.. its the FA

Yes there are rules in place about social media sites ETC...

its just weather you agree with them or not, either way you'll get fined if you put what Suso did... dont agree with it, but hey.. its the FA

This in a nutshell. We might not agree with it, but they are very clear on it. Does it have it potential to offend some? yes it does, so keep it in house.

Yes it was a joke. Huntelaar's conversion rate is poor so we'd need to make a lot of chances for him.

Shots to goal ratio of roughly 5/1 this year. Better than Suarez, yes, but you're right in that it's still relatively poor.

Oh and also, Everton beamed a message onto Anfield this evening:
A-gPMS4CcAAV-08.jpg:large

here's the beeb article

Raheem Sterling has reached an agreement in principle with Liverpool over a new contract.

The 18-year-old is expected to sign the five-year deal before Christmas.
Sterling, who is currently on a £2,000-per week youth contract, will see his earnings initially jump to around £30,000 per week.
This season has seen Sterling win his first England cap and establish himself in manager Brendan Rodgers's team.
[h=2]Sterling factfile[/h]
  • Born on 8 December 1994 in Kingston, Jamaica
  • Joins QPR youth academy at the age of 10
  • Moves to Liverpool in February 2010
  • Makes his senior debut on 24 March 2012 as a substitute in a league match against Wigan Athletic
  • Given his first start in the Premier League on 26 August as Liverpool draw 2-2 draw at home to Manchester City
  • Makes full England debut on 14 November 2012 in friendly against Sweden
All parties are understood to be happy with the agreement and despite interest from a number of other clubs, Sterling has always been keen to continue his development at Anfield.
Sterling's earnings will rise during the course of the deal to bring him in line with a number of senior players whose place the teenager has taken.
The former QPR trainee turned 18 earlier this month and his rapid progress has been one of the stories of the season, but Rodgers had repeatedly stressed his fear that too much, too soon might harm the player's development.
However, the situation was complicated by the lucrative salaries earned by Joe Cole, who earns more than £100,000 per week, and Stewart Downing, who earns about £60,000 per week, despite not being regulars in the Liverpool first team.
But with Sterling expressing his desire to stay at Anfield, Liverpool have come up with an offer that will keep one of the country's hottest young properties on Merseyside.

Times reporting if Sturridge deal falls through, we'll move for Kevin Gameiro.

Apparetly Chelsea want more money

Back