The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
whatever happens, don't get Sturridge, he's just not the player we need + he's very pricey..

What's happened to Gerrard this season? He has really not been performing. Maybe he is past it now

Reportedly Sturridge told Chelsea fans at Cobham this morning he s off to Liverpool.

What's happened to Gerrard this season? He has really not been performing. Maybe he is past it now

Not being played in the correct role IMO..

yet despite him having his worse season by far, he is still our most creative player with Suarez by a big distance.

people may call Gerrard but he is still having an impact

Gerrard is often the reason why we conceed goals.

he is also often the reason why we create and score them aswell... we are not adventurous enough as a team and rely on Gerrard for that killer ball time and time again..

only problem with that is, in the roll he is playing if he gives it away there is not much cover..

This is where Rodgers is 'partly' to blame by playing him in a deeper role and expecting him to play in the same manner

Either way the criticism of Gerrard imo, is ridiculous.

Edit:

-Poor Player, should be dropped? not the same as he is, gives the ball away?

all things ive heard

http://www.eplindex.com/23536/top-10-creators-premier-league-1213-cazorla-jumps-2nd-place.html

3rd most creative player in the league from a deeper role... now imagine without him where we would be without that creativity..

Last edited:
Gerrard is in top 5 in prem for chances created if I remember right at this moment.

Not being played in the correct role IMO..

yet despite him having his worse season by far, he is still our most creative player with Suarez by a big distance.

people may call Gerrard but he is still having an impact

Having said that, the fact that he is your most creative player is quite damning of the rest of your side. Liverpool are far more suited to a 4-2-3-1 right now. Sahin has been totally wasted.

Last edited:
Having said that, the fact that he is you most create player is quite damning of the rest of your side. Liverpool are are more suited to a 4-2-3-1 right now. Sahin has been totally wasted.

Completely agree.

Id be tempted to play this..

Lucas - Sahin (DLP)
Sterling - Gerrard - Suarez
Borini

when all fully fit... if we had Sturridge and Ince IF they sign, think we can improve

but a few roles in that team that need altering imo, mainly including gerrard and sahin

Gerrard is starting tonight in that position behind suarez which i think is the best role for him.

How does Sturridge solve Liverpool's problems?

You need a natural finisher, definitely not Sturridge will solve that.

Having said that, the fact that he is your most creative player is quite damning of the rest of your side. Liverpool are far more suited to a 4-2-3-1 right now. Sahin has been totally wasted.

I agree. I've thought for a while now that Rodgers should be creating his tactics around the players he currently has, rather than try to make them play a way that they're not totally suited to.

Obviously in the long run it will be better for Rodgers to mould his players around his style of play but for the more senior players it will be harder for them to adapt. This is evident by looking at players like Gerrard and Skrtel and, to a lesser extent, Suarez who he's trying to play as the central striker instead of an inside forward.

Don't mean to jinx it but a win today see's us potentially 8th and 4 behind 3rd place.. As things stand.

How does Sturridge solve Liverpool's problems?

You need a natural finisher, definitely not Sturridge will solve that.

Gives us more attacking options, unpredictable player, but whenever he constantly has started he has a decent scoring record.. At Bolton then a month or so at Chelsea

I agree. I've thought for a while now that Rodgers should be creating his tactics around the players he currently has, rather than try to make them play a way that they're not totally suited to.

Obviously in the long run it will be better for Rodgers to mould his players around his style of play but for the more senior players it will be harder for them to adapt. This is evident by looking at players like Gerrard and Skrtel and, to a lesser extent, Suarez who he's trying to play as the central striker instead of an inside forward.

Tbh Suarez is flourishing and Skrtel is as ever solid..

I'd play Gerrard behind Suarez just ahead of Lucas and Sahin/Allen. Mind you I haven't been too impressed with Joe Allen so far.

Back