The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Very good first half, Fulham very poor but our closing down and applying pressure has been brilliant..

Just as i said pre-game, criticism of Gerrard is ridiculous .. still a massive part of LFC, and running the game today. Even shown a rare burst forward for his goal..

Also, credit where its due to Downing, last 3 games been arguably our best performer

What a perfect way to end the game

Luis Suarez, 4-0.. Liverpool 8th...

If LFC are not first on MOTD tonight, we are just hated by the beeb. Simples.

This 4-0 win will indeed be a great morale booster, and is a good strength of character to come back from an embarrasing loss to beat a tough opponent in Fulham. Give credit to Rodgers too, as he also takes the the blame when his teams fail to deliver.

I just don't get what problem buying Sturridge solves... definitely not the main one of needing a natural finisher.

I just don't get what problem buying Sturridge solves... definitely not the main one of needing a natural finisher.

Like i said on the other page

Whenever he has had a run in a side he has scored.. bolton 8 in 11 and a short stint at chelsea he was successful ..

he is not a natural finisher but he is is tricky, unpredictable, but can still score goals as well, wouldnt have been my first choice but with age on his side he can learn and adapt

Like i said on the other page

Whenever he has had a run in a side he has scored.. bolton 8 in 11 and a short stint at chelsea he was successful ..

he is not a natural finisher but he is is tricky, unpredictable, but can still score goals as well, wouldnt have been my first choice but with age on his side he can learn and adapt

I agree there but you have also signed Tom Ince all but a done deal for January according to various reports and pundits including BBC.

So surely logical would be to get one of them and get a natural finisher. Not to mention you already have Suso, Sterling, Assaidi, Downing. Sorry I just don't get signing both Tom Ince and Daniel Sturridge. One of them maybe I could and a natural finisher would be understandable.

I agree there but you have also signed Tom Ince all but a done deal for January according to various reports and pundits including BBC.

So surely logical would be to get one of them and get a natural finisher. Not to mention you already have Suso, Sterling, Assaidi, Downing. Sorry I just don't get signing both Tom Ince and Daniel Sturridge. One of them maybe I could and a natural finisher would be understandable.

What I've heard BRo has said that Downing can leave in january.

What I've heard BRo has said that Downing can leave in january.

Because we havent got enough quality in the forward area thats why both have been brought or probably anyway..

also sky sports reported we approached barca for Villa on loan

so by the looks of it we are still targeting a ST

On Downing, Rodgers said after today that if he performs like that he does not have to leave

We won't be signing a natural finisher.

we want goals from all around the team, i.e suarez is staying CF, and Sturridge/Borini/ et al will be outside of them, with large emphasis on not relying on one player to score.

Stoke away on boxing day can't wait! Shall be a tough test against our style of play.

Very good first half, Fulham very poor but our closing down and applying pressure has been brilliant..

Just as i said pre-game, criticism of Gerrard is ridiculous .. still a massive part of LFC, and running the game today. Even shown a rare burst forward for his goal..

Also, credit where its due to Downing, last 3 games been arguably our best performer

Gerrard's finish yesterday backed my argument that he can play up top. He is as clinical as they come. ;)

Make no mistake, that was a very very good finish!

Liverpool keep up this run of form (with the addition of new signings) there's a real chance of both the colours of Merseyside playing European football. Which imo would be great

Liverpool keep up this run of form (with the addition of new signings) there's a real chance of both the colours of Merseyside playing European football. Which imo would be great

Dream on mate.

Back