The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think he is the right man for the job myself-he needs the right players though. Like I mentioned before it's transition. I still think Liverpool will make Europa, then the club can build from that. But some of the players really do need to step up to the plate. Gerrard has carried them on his shoulders before but he can only do so much, and he needs the right players with the same mentallity around him

I think the only thing Rodgers can do is offload Downing, Henderson and Cole to free up the wage budget and buy a winger/inside forward to help out Suarez and Gerrard.

I think the only thing Rodgers can do is offload Downing, Henderson and Cole to free up the wage budget and buy a winger/inside forward to help out Suarez and Gerrard.

Cole I agree with. But hasn't Downing been playing much better the past few games?

For one game.

Ah I stand corrected. One my mates is a Liverpool fan and he was saying Downing had improved quite a bit. I've missed quite a bit of football lately so I've not seen a lot to be honest

Cole I agree with. But hasn't Downing been playing much better the past few games?

You're right but for the amount of money he is on compared to his overall level of performance it isn't worth keeping him on imo. Not only that but he is on the wrong side of 20 and is probably not going to get much better. I'd rather sacrifice him if it meant getting a younger yet just as good player in his position.

Problem if we sell Downing and Henderson, it shortens the squad again, so we would need to then replace these positions...

Reina
Arbeloa - Agger - Skrtel - Johnson
Lucas - Mascherano
Gerrard - Alonso - Suarez
Torres

Team we could have had... If only.

You're right but for the amount of money he is on compared to his overall level of performance it isn't worth keeping him on imo. Not only that but he is on the wrong side of 20 and is probably not going to get much better. I'd rather sacrifice him if it meant getting a younger yet just as good player in his position.

Hmm. Fair point. Someone like Mirallas maybe (not a dig btw). But there's always a surprise transfer during the window and you may get an absolute gem. We've done it, so there's always the chance Rodgers will nab one too. He's not a stupid manager and can recognise talent like Moyes can.

Ah I stand corrected. One my mates is a Liverpool fan and he was saying Downing had improved quite a bit. I've missed quite a bit of football lately so I've not seen a lot to be honest

its been 2 or 3 games .. but still.

Commentator said in tonights game, Downing gets stick purely for his stats, yet just like tonight liverpool missed good chances from good Downing play..

so everybody forgets about the work Downing has done... he hasn't lived up to the hype but he has been a tiny bit better than what people have suggested

its been 2 or 3 games .. but still.

Commentator said in tonights game, Downing gets stick purely for his stats, yet just like tonight liverpool missed good chances from good Downing play..

so everybody forgets about the work Downing has done... he hasn't lived up to the hype but he has been a tiny bit better than what people have suggested

Sort of reminds me of the stick Carrick used to get. People didn't see the small, effecient basics he does so well

Hmm. Fair point. Someone like Mirallas maybe (not a dig btw). But there's always a surprise transfer during the window and you may get an absolute gem. We've done it, so there's always the chance Rodgers will nab one too. He's not a stupid manager and can recognise talent like Moyes can.

They don't have to be a big name, as long as they can make an impact and fit into Brendan's tactics I'll be pleased as punch. I'm also not worried about his transfer market business as he is the same man that brought in Michel Vorm for cheap. I'm sure he can do similarly for us, it's just a question of who really.

Carrick's criticism is unfair because he is actually useful to the way Manchester United play. Downing on the other hand doesn't do much better than our other atticking players.

They don't have to be a big name, as long as they can make an impact and fit into Brendan's tactics I'll be pleased as punch. I'm also not worried about his transfer market business as he is the same man that brought in Michel Vorm for cheap. I'm sure he can do similarly for us, it's just a question of who really.

I'm just staggered that I'm the only Everton fan on the entire forum supporting Liverpool's manager. I know it's christmas but still pmsl

I'm just staggered that I'm the only Everton fan on the entire forum supporting Liverpool's manager. I know it's christmas but still pmsl

In their defence, there are only like 3 Everton fans actually on the forum. :P

You're probabaly the only Evertonian the country who supports our manager tbh, I'm genuinely bewildered lol :)

I really rate Carrick... im a sucker for a deep lying play maker type player..

think every top teams needs one to be successful Keeps it simple, always gives an option, passes forward and starts attacks.. lets the better attacking players do the rest..

anyway. Off topic.

You're probabaly the only Evertonian the country who supports our manager tbh, I'm genuinely bewildered lol :)

lol, I know. I'm pretty much ancient though and appreciatte football for what it is, and pretty much give respect to a club where it's due. Pretty much not the hateful kind just respectful for whoever it is, be it Man Utd, Liverpool etc. Like when Liverpool mullered us in the FA Cup match. couldn't do anything but give absolute credit to Liverpool, and when Suarez has torn us apart-he has his faults, but as a footballer-you simply cannot ignore his pure talent. Simplez

lol, I know. I'm pretty much ancient though and appreciatte football for what it is, and pretty much give respect to a club where it's due. Pretty much not the hateful kind just respectful for whoever it is, be it Man Utd, Liverpool etc. Like when Liverpool mullered us in the FA Cup match. couldn't do anything but give absolute credit to Liverpool, and when Suarez has torn us apart-he has his faults, but as a footballer-you simply cannot ignore his pure talent. Simplez

Heh, I actually kinda enjoy the fierce rivalary and banter that I used to have with an Evertonian friend of mine, but I also admitted to him that Everton are a very big club and i do defend Everton whenever other fans try to pass them off as a small club (ironically they're Stoke fans). I've always admired Everton for the way they run their club and how they have never been relegated from the top flight. All you need now is a new owner to bring financial stability.

Heh, I actually kinda enjoy the fierce rivalary and banter that I used to have with an Evertonian friend of mine, but I also admitted to him that Everton are a very big club and i do defend Everton whenever other fans try to pass them off as a small club (ironically they're Stoke fans). I've always admired Everton for the way they run their club and how they have never been relegated from the top flight. All you need now is a new owner to bring financial stability.

I'm going to be honest-we were a big club. But because of everything that's happened since the introduction of the EPL we've fallen by the wayside, as demonstrated by when we were so nearly relegated on the very last match of the season (though off top of head can't remember when). I'd say we're top 7. If we had more money then maybe top 4-we've certainly got the players to get us in the top 4. But what I like most is that the rivalry isn't viscous-it's more family based. Yes there's going to be the odd nutjob from both sides (and yes I did totally slag off the Everton fans who throw objects at Suarez-no place for that behaviour in football), but it's a friendly rivalry-like with what we have with Man Utd. It's out of respect, and of course Hillsborough. It's a footballing family, and I'm pretty much with that principle. We have a great manager, and Liverpool have an excellent manager in the making as he's still young. That's why I think it would be great if both clubs were in Europe-either CL or Europa.

Stop this tom-foolery, it's just wrong that a man of your age should be attempting the use of such teenage acronyms. Unless...did you actually wet yourself with your weak, old man bladder and try to pass it off as laughter related?

Stop this tom-foolery, it's just wrong that a man of your age should be attempting the use of such teenage acronyms. Unless...did you actually wet yourself with your weak, old man bladder and try to pass it off as laughter related?

You should stop conversing with Joel and Godcubed :P lol

I'm only 37 :'(

Back