• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Think it would be a brilliant signing, but take it with a pinch of salt

Spurs also in talks apparently

Think it would be a brilliant signing, but take it with a pinch of salt

Spurs also in talks apparently
Will he talk to teams interested? Yes. But that doesn't mean any kind of official move will be on the way, yet.

He's no fool, he knows almost no team can match his current wages, so where ever he goes he is likely to take a wage cut.

Will he talk to teams interested? Yes. But that doesn't mean any kind of official move will be on the way, yet.

He's no fool, he knows almost no team can match his current wages, so where ever he goes he is likely to take a wage cut.

agreed.. will be a big show of ambition from FSG and could be that goalscoring/ creative midfield type player we need

agreed.. will be a big show of ambition from FSG and could be that goalscoring/ creative midfield type player we need

Sneijder's scored like 10 goals in the past three seasons in the league, he's hardly prolific.

He's a great little player, but he needs a specific set up, and I'm not sure Rodgers would give it to him at Liverpool. Would love to see him come to the Prem, mind.

Sneijder's scored like 10 goals in the past three seasons in the league, he's hardly prolific.

He's a great little player, but he needs a specific set up, and I'm not sure Rodgers would give it to him at Liverpool. Would love to see him come to the Prem, mind.

I think putting him in a free role behind the main striker, say Suarez would work very well

Lucas - Gerrard
Sniejder
Suarez

has a alot more settled look about it... but I still dont think it will happen

I think putting him in a free role behind the main striker, say Suarez would work very well

Lucas - Gerrard
Sniejder
Suarez

has a alot more settled look about it... but I still dont think it will happen

Yeah, but Rodgers doesn't play Gerrard there. Why would he play Sneijder there?

This is my point when I say Rodgers is too dogmatic. He wants three proper midfielders in midfield, rather than just two and a 'half'.

This is my point when I say Rodgers is too dogmatic. He wants three proper midfielders in midfield, rather than just two and a 'half'.

I think he shown at Swansea he can play a 4-2-3-1 ... applied it often when Sigurdsson played there or Dobbie before that

With a player like Sniejder, i think you simply have to play him in a AMC role, any other and he is completely wasted

This, Liverpool should already be playing 4-2-3-1 but he refuses to despite it being better for the players he has at his disposal. I wouldnt make this move if i was Sneijder

I do agree,

Rodgers needs to realise that a 4-2-3-1 is arguably the best possible formation, and the fact he used it alot at Swansea confuses me as to why its not happening here..

If a player like Sneijder did come in, and we used this formation i'd be very confident of a better 2nd half of the season. Especially with the likes of Sahin, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen as other CM options

I'm afraid I have to agree with Mike on this one, Rodgers seems adamant on his 4-3-3 formation and would probably play Sneijder deep. After all he does the same with Gerrard. Mind you I wouldn't mind Sneijder playing ahead of Lucas and Allen/Sahin.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Mike on this one, Rodgers seems adamant on his 4-3-3 formation and would probably play Sneijder deep. After all he does the same with Gerrard. Mind you I wouldn't mind Sneijder playing ahead of Lucas and Allen/Sahin.

I think there is no disagreeing with this because its plain to see he is not using a 4-2-3-1 ..If Sneijder did come it worthless should he play deep..

However Lucas is playing no matter what, i'd say he is one of the first names on the team sheet

Lucas - Gerrard ( Sahin/Allen sometimes )
Sterling - Sniejder - Suarez
Sturridge

Looks very good to me, but im just getting carried away again, like i said, it wont happen

I think he shown at Swansea he can play a 4-2-3-1 ... applied it often when Sigurdsson played there or Dobbie before that

With a player like Sniejder, i think you simply have to play him in a AMC role, any other and he is completely wasted

Mmm, fair point actually. Forgot about Sigi.

This, Liverpool should already be playing 4-2-3-1 but he refuses to despite it being better for the players he has at his disposal. I wouldnt make this move if i was Sneijder

Spot on, we've been screaming out for 4-2-3-1 all season.

I think there is no disagreeing with this because its plain to see he is not using a 4-2-3-1 ..If Sneijder did come it worthless should he play deep..

However Lucas is playing no matter what, i'd say he is one of the first names on the team sheet

Lucas - Gerrard ( Sahin/Allen sometimes )
Sterling - Sniejder - Suarez
Sturridge

Looks very good to me, but im just getting carried away again, like i said, it wont happen

If you are playing 4-2-3-1 Sahin over Gerrard. That role is one he excels in. Why BR is playing to your sides strengths is beyond me, not as if you cant play possession based football in a 4-2-3-1

If you are playing 4-2-3-1 Sahin over Gerrard. That role is one he excels in. Why BR is playing to your sides strengths is beyond me, not as if you cant play possession based football in a 4-2-3-1

I Agree, but Gerrard will be in the team... I would like to see Sahin with the chance as I think he is a quality player

Sneijder link is BS. Same as the Spurs one, just trying to drum up interest to get him out of Inter.

Cracking player in his prime, but at 28 he'll soon be on the way down, and his wages would be stupidly high.

Sneijder link is BS. Same as the Spurs one, just trying to drum up interest to get him out of Inter.

Cracking player in his prime, but at 28 he'll soon be on the way down, and his wages would be stupidly high.

Not sure how its BS tbh, I'd trust Baldini/Tancredi Palmer over any Liverpool ITK. Also 28 is his prime, still has at least 4 years left.

Sneijder also doesn't rely so much on pace and strength either, so be could still be useful even at the age of 33-34 imo.

Sneijder also doesn't rely so much on pace and strength either, so be could still be useful even at the age of 33-34 imo.

I could see him becoming quite a useful regista later in his career, if he works on it.

Back