The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not getting Carried away its a very poor QPR side,

however good to be winning so convincingly a creating/finishing chances

Gerrard 3 goals and 4 assists last five games.. Vital.

Gerrards been responding perfectly after the media had a little go at him a couple weeks back.

Suarez, who can't finish apparently, has gotten two clinical goals. Fantastic.

RODGERS OUT, PASCOE IN

I cant remember the last time a side defended so badly against us, I'm actually struggling to watch it.

Suarez has contributed 235 goals in 306 games at club level! 270 goals in 374 including international!

Up there with the best in the world in terms of records

Suarez has contributed 235 goals in 306 games at club level! 270 goals in 374 including international!

Up there with the best in the world in terms of records
contributed? (goals and assists?). Though most of that was in Netherlands so have to take with pinch of salt

I think we have found an even worse team than Reading, good result and performance from our team. I was particularly impressed with Suarez, Gerrard and Johnson. Lets find some consistency now.

Liverpool are 2 points better off this season from the exact same fixtures as last season

and

Liverpool's league form under Kenny in 2012: 5W 3D 11L = 18 points

Liverpool's league form under Rodgers in 2012: 7W 7D 6L = 28 points

Interesting..

Last edited:
Liverpool are 2 points better off this season from the exact same fixtures as last season

and

Liverpool's league form under Kenny in 2012: 5W 3D 11L = 18 points

Liverpool's league form under Rodgers in 2012: 7W 7D 6L = 28 points

Interesting..

Crazy that we've only lost 6 games, it feels like more!

Crazy that we've only lost 6 games, it feels like more!

Because the way you draw games it feels like a defeat, a lot of them are games you should have put away, rather than valiantly earning a tough point.

training1_50dda3f1a6786569961732.jpg

"Ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni SAHIN!"

Great result, and I think Gerrard was great yesterday, he is always great but this time he had just a bit more energy about him.
We should play a 4-2-3-1, Lucas and Sahin/Hendo/Allen (in order of priority) our deeper midfielders, with Gerrard as AM, any two wingers (hope Assaidi gets the nod soon) and of course Suarez. The key to this formation working is that Lucas will retain possession, lay it off to almost every player on the park and stay deep and keep passing short while Sahin/Hendo/Allen will provide that box to box role, Sahin being our DLP - Support, Hendo being BBM due to his energy and Allen with the same role as Sahin (when each of them play) . Sahin is the priority here due to his creativity, and he prefers a deep creative role, he said so himself. Hendo's work rate is excellent and he can go forward safely and get back in time to defend the counter, Allen is the person I'd avoid here, he needs to develop properly, he doesn't know how to play a through ball, and that's why I'd rather have him as backup for Lucas (who can play a through ball but doesn't due to instructions) And of course, with the two deeper midfielders, there is no pressure on Gerrard to track back, and he can stay forward and do his thing and even trackback when he wants. A downside here is that with Gerrard so forward, maybe he'd find it difficult playing those "hollywood balls" as there is nobody in front of him who needs those LONG lofted passes?

I actually remember one of the guests on the TV broadcast saying he was looking forward to the battle between Clint Hill and Luis Suarez. Not really a battle though is it? A fat, pace-less man versus a world-class striker. And QPR's central defence had a combined age of 70. Anyway, we need to get a result against Sunderland now, maybe find some consistency, it is a home fixture though.

Last edited:
Just been reading, Sneijder link is very real but their is one sticking point, and a reason the deal will not happen

Wages. The guy is on easily 150k+ and will want similar if not more... espeically considering the British Tax system is more than the Italian ( correct me if im wrong )

Brilliant player, available for a very good price ( 10mil ish ), but his wages are too excessive for a club like Liverpool.

Such a shame really.

Great result, and I think Gerrard was great yesterday, he is always great but this time he had just a bit more energy about him.
We should play a 4-2-3-1, Lucas and Sahin/Hendo/Allen (in order of priority) our deeper midfielders, with Gerrard as AM, any two wingers (hope Assaidi gets the nod soon) and of course Suarez. The key to this formation working is that Lucas will retain possession, lay it off to almost every player on the park and stay deep and keep passing short while Sahin/Hendo/Allen will provide that box to box role, Sahin being our DLP - Support, Hendo being BBM due to his energy and Allen with the same role as Sahin (when each of them play) . Sahin is the priority here due to his creativity, and he prefers a deep creative role, he said so himself. Hendo's work rate is excellent and he can go forward safely and get back in time to defend the counter, Allen is the person I'd avoid here, he needs to develop properly, he doesn't know how to play a through ball, and that's why I'd rather have him as backup for Lucas (who can play a through ball but doesn't due to instructions) And of course, with the two deeper midfielders, there is no pressure on Gerrard to track back, and he can stay forward and do his thing and even trackback when he wants. A downside here is that with Gerrard so forward, maybe he'd find it difficult playing those "hollywood balls" as there is nobody in front of him who needs those LONG lofted passes?

I actually remember one of the guests on the TV broadcast saying he was looking forward to the battle between Clint Hill and Luis Suarez. Not really a battle though is it? A fat, pace-less man versus a world-class striker. And QPR's central defence had a combined age of 70. Anyway, we need to get a result against Sunderland now, maybe find some consistency, it is a home fixture though.

completely agree..

One point in bold.

what worked so well under rafa was the Alonso to Gerrard to feed Torres combination ... would need Sahin or Lucas or whoever is playing there to play the Alonso role... big role to fill

Brilliant player, available for a very good price ( 10mil ish ), but his wages are too excessive for a club like Liverpool.

You'd basically be paying his transfer fee in wages every year after you signed him...

You'd basically be paying his transfer fee in wages every year after you signed him...

Exactly, unless we would get him to around 100k a week, the deal wont happen

its sad to say but if we did it would just replace Joe Cole on the wage list!

He's not going to take any sort of pay cut whatsoever, which is what his row with Inter is about. Sad really, but oh well, guess that playing regular football in front of passionate fans isn't worth a paltry wage of £5m a year.

He's not going to take any sort of pay cut whatsoever, which is what his row with Inter is about. Sad really, but oh well, guess that playing regular football in front of passionate fans isn't worth a paltry wage of £5m a year.

Yes i know, reason it will not happen

it dont necessarily have to be Liverpool, but a player of his quality should be playing regularly, even if it is for 100k a week and not 150k+

shocking really

even if it is for 100k a week and not 150k+

Isn't he on almost 200k? Which, with our higher tax bands, means you'd have to pay him 250k just to stop it being a paycut. I remember this being a big issue when United were supposedly after him.

Gerrard played better yesterday, because he wasn't as deep, wasting all the hollywood balls. Long may it continue.

I'm putting the Sneijder chances at about 1/100 to happen. Seriously...

though it's nice we're looking at players of his calibre, and position. Odd though how we're not going for a similar, younger player. I know Erikkson happy at Ajax, but his type;

Isn't he on almost 200k? Which, with our higher tax bands, means you'd have to pay him 250k just to stop it being a paycut. I remember this being a big issue when United were supposedly after him.

yes i wasn't totally sure so i said 150k+ ...

i still think, even on 100k a week, its not exactly a small amount of money is it! if he wants to play week in week out, he may have to take a pay cut

Back