The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sneijder also doesn't rely so much on pace and strength either, so be could still be useful even at the age of 33-34 imo.

Its basically what Gerrard should be doing now, only Rodgers is sticking with the 4-3-3

Liverpool fans seemed to be obsessed with age now.. Anyone 28+ now seems to old... We're lacking abit more experience in the squad

Liverpool fans seemed to be obsessed with age now.. Anyone 28+ now seems to old... We're lacking abit more experience in the squad

Experience is very, very useful to have in a squad. United are building a young squad, but Ferguson has the sense to retain some of the old guard to guide them and calm their ranks. Contrastingly, Lambert at Villa has pretty much chucked away everything and started afresh with, um, changeable results.

Not sure how its BS tbh, I'd trust Baldini/Tancredi Palmer over any Liverpool ITK. Also 28 is his prime, still has at least 4 years left.

Well he wants out, but he obviously is going to want the best club and pay packet. When there are clubs like PSG and City out there, I don't se why he'd want to go to Liverpool of all places. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him, if he gets to top form, but on 200K+ a week? No thanks. I'd rather try to sign Sahin permanently, and try to sign someone of Adam Maher's ilk.

Sticking with the 4-3-3 by playing a 4-2-3-1.

When? It's undeniable that the majority of the time Rodgers is playing a 4-3-3, there's no two ways about it. Recently, I only recall one game where you played a 4-2-3-1, and that was (interestingly given the result) the 4-0 game against Fulham, and even then it was Shelvey rather than Gerrard in behind the striker.

When? It's undeniable that the majority of the time Rodgers is playing a 4-3-3, there's no two ways about it. Recently, I only recall one game where you played a 4-2-3-1, and that was (interestingly given the result) the 4-0 game against Fulham, and even then it was Shelvey rather than Gerrard in behind the striker.

4-2-3-1 - Stoke, Fulham.
4-1-2-3 - Villa, West Ham, Udinese, Southampton, etc..

I rekkon we throw 2 very deep anchorman/DLPs to stop leaking goals at the back.

I rekkon we throw 2 very deep anchorman/DLPs to stop leaking goals at the back.

It's the full-backs bombing on which is doing the damage to us on the counter, and we can't seem to fix it. it's getting tiresome.

Its basically what Gerrard should be doing now, only Rodgers is sticking with the 4-3-3

I'm personally not convinced that Gerrard can play a deeper roles really, his main strengths are his stamina and his sheer box-to-box capabilities. But I hope I can be proven wrong.

LFC team to face QPR: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Downing, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Assaidi, Coates, Lucas, Carragher, Suso, Shelvey.

4-2-3-1 according to Sky with Gerrard behind Suarez, can't really moan at Rodgers now can we? ;)

Sahin broke his news a few weeks back, been training with a protective mask, and hasn't played since that..

can only assume its because of this?

training1_50dda3f1a6786569961732.jpg

Not bad.

The annoying thing is, we're so inconsistent, so we'll probably lose to Sunderland.

Liverpool are playing great, really nice and fluid football. But christ on a handbike QPR have made it easy for you. This is some of the worst defending I've seen in a while.

Back