The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Think a 'Big' signing will happen in january though

with Butland, Ince and Sturridge seemingly likely..

a n.10 role seems to be being looked at aswell!

Isn't he on almost 200k? Which, with our higher tax bands, means you'd have to pay him 250k just to stop it being a paycut. I remember this being a big issue when United were supposedly after him.

The whole point is that he knows no one, except PSG, can pay him what he is currently on, and he needs to get out of Inter, so he will have to take a pay cut. The gamble not to take one for inter has effectively killed his inter career.

Alot of reliable people have confirmed it,

Its just the wage that we cannot afford, so unless things change ( which they wont ) its a dead deal

Yeh that was the stumbling block for United, I can't see Liverpool getting anywhere near that for one player.

The whole point is that he knows no one, except PSG, can pay him what he is currently on, and he needs to get out of Inter, so he will have to take a pay cut. The gamble not to take one for inter has effectively killed his inter career.

I swear I saw him say the other day that he's happy to milk them for every penny that they're worth if they wouldn't help him to leave. It's all a bit murky imo, I can see this being a ploy to get Inter to leave him be on his current contract but I can also see it being an effort to get them to subsidise part of his wages or give him a big payoff when he leaves. I just don't see him moving anywhere that's going to cut his wages by a great deal. Yes, he'll probably agree to the same pay package as has in Serie A and swallow the extra tax but that's still way beyond Liverpool's reach.

Also no offence or anything but why would he go to Liverpool over PSG, Tottenham or United?

Imo Liverpool could/would pay probably 100k max for a player like Sniejder, would put him close to that of Gerrard and Suarez our top earners
Also no offence or anything but why would he go to Liverpool over PSG, Tottenham or United?

At this point I agree,

Suppose it depends what he's looking for.. he will get guarenteed first team football at Liverpool, and with him in our team, and new signings we 'could' improve alot..

I don't think any team will want him with wages so exorbitant. It'll be his own fault really.

TBH, I'd much rather he went to you than United or Spurs. Especially Spurs, seeing as United might struggle to fit him in, but a Tottenham midfielder with Bale, Snjeider, Dembele, Dempsey/Lennon and Sandro would be ******* terrifying.

it's a matter of who's made offers too let's not forget. United could do with him, but if they don't want him the deal's dead.

I doubt we'll bother going for him until the summer, Brendan said he'll wait until then to get a #10 because we'll have more $$$

I swear I saw him say the other day that he's happy to milk them for every penny that they're worth if they wouldn't help him to leave. It's all a bit murky imo, I can see this being a ploy to get Inter to leave him be on his current contract but I can also see it being an effort to get them to subsidise part of his wages or give him a big payoff when he leaves. I just don't see him moving anywhere that's going to cut his wages by a great deal. Yes, he'll probably agree to the same pay package as has in Serie A and swallow the extra tax but that's still way beyond Liverpool's reach.

The problem is, Inter are not playing him, and even worse for him, they have no reason to. Their side has a better shape without him, its very much not about going to Liverpool, but rather getting out of Inter.

Inter cant afford to actually keep him without playing, nor likely afford big pay off either. Hence why he hasnt played since 26th September. Liverpool in truth are probably way down the pecking order in terms of where he goes.

it's a matter of who's made offers too let's not forget. United could do with him, but if they don't want him the deal's dead.

I doubt we'll bother going for him until the summer, Brendan said he'll wait until then to get a #10 because we'll have more $$$

We dont need him at all now really/. Rooney is frankly a better performer right now, and Kagawa is a 10 who can play across the attacking band. Should have gone 2 years ago.

In all fairness Mike, while Sneijder's main perogative is to get out of Inter as quickly as he can, I do think there are a multitude of clubs he would prefer to go to instead of Liverpool.

In all fairness Mike, while Sneijder's main perogative is to get out of Inter as quickly as he can, I do think there are a multitude of clubs he would prefer to go to instead of Liverpool.

Oh no, I totally agree. Just because Liverpool have interest does not in any way mean he is going there.

Who Scored's best 11 of the premier league so far ( Statistical analysis based )

View attachment 296026

I keep on saying it, but criticism for Gerrard is unjust

Oh no, I totally agree. Just because Liverpool have interest does not in any way mean he is going there.

Its just a good sign for the fans if nothing else, makes a change instead of over priced English players//

Who Scored's best 11 of the premier league so far ( Statistical analysis based )

View attachment 296026

Its just a good sign for the fans if nothing else, makes a change instead of over priced English players//
Chico is in there? That's surprising :P

Ah fair enough, it is good to see though that we are at least looking at potential avenues such as this like Marshall has said.

View attachment 296026

Still though. That midfield would get absolutely slaughtered. Cazorla & Gerrard would make horrible midfield partners.

Still though. That midfield would get absolutely slaughtered. Cazorla & Gerrard would make horrible midfield partners.

Whats that got to do with it? They wont be playing together.. It's just a team of people who statistically have played best in their position this season

the main reason I put it on was for people who have constantly slated Gerrard this season when in terms of chances created and key passes ETC is massive to us

Last edited:
Back