The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Whats that got to do with it? They wont be playing together.. It's just a team if people who statistically have played best in their position this season

the main reason I put it on was for people who have constantly slated Gerrard this season when in terms of chances created and key passes ETC is massive to us

Seeing that this is a discussion forum... Pretty much everything to do with it. I wasn't directly responding to you nor was I making a comment on 'statistics'. It was a comment based off of the one you made. Not a comment directly responding to your comment.

I was simply pointing out that stats can be deceiving. Not contesting that Gerrard has played well of late. Sorry if you thought I was trying to assassinate you or something.

JOE COLE looks set to leave Liverpool FC in January after Queens Park Rangers made an approach to sign him.
Talks between the clubs are at an early stage but the Reds are determined to finally get the 31-year-old midfielder off the wage bill during the transfer window.
Cole still has 18 months to run on the lucrative four-year £100,000 per week deal he penned after joining on a free transfer from Chelsea in the summer of 2010.
Premier League strugglers QPR aren’t in a position to match his wages but Liverpool are willing to offer Cole a severance package to help convince him to make the switch to Loftus Road.

Cole returned to the club last summer after a season on loan at Lille. He hasn’t started a Premier League game under Brendan Rodgers and has no future at Anfield.
Liverpool would prefer a permanent transfer this month but if that’s not possible they will allow Cole to depart initially on loan. Harry Redknapp, who managed the former England international at West Ham, believes the acquisition of Cole can help fire QPR’s battle to beat the drop.
Meanwhile, Rodgers will return to the touchline for tomorrow night’s home clash with Sunderland after a virus caused him to miss Sunday’s 3-0 win at Loftus Road.
First team coach Mike Marsh took training at Melwood yesterday as Rodgers and assistant boss Colin Pascoe recovered from a sickness bug.
Liverpool are set to confirm the £12million capture of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea tomorrow.
However, the paperwork won’t be completed in time for the striker to face Sunderland.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...t-as-qpr-swoop-100252-32524196/#ixzz2GjTphxpV

JOE COLE looks set to leave Liverpool FC in January after Queens Park Rangers made an approach to sign him.
Talks between the clubs are at an early stage but the Reds are determined to finally get the 31-year-old midfielder off the wage bill during the transfer window.
Cole still has 18 months to run on the lucrative four-year £100,000 per week deal he penned after joining on a free transfer from Chelsea in the summer of 2010.
Premier League strugglers QPR aren’t in a position to match his wages but Liverpool are willing to offer Cole a severance package to help convince him to make the switch to Loftus Road.

Cole returned to the club last summer after a season on loan at Lille. He hasn’t started a Premier League game under Brendan Rodgers and has no future at Anfield.
Liverpool would prefer a permanent transfer this month but if that’s not possible they will allow Cole to depart initially on loan. Harry Redknapp, who managed the former England international at West Ham, believes the acquisition of Cole can help fire QPR’s battle to beat the drop.
Meanwhile, Rodgers will return to the touchline for tomorrow night’s home clash with Sunderland after a virus caused him to miss Sunday’s 3-0 win at Loftus Road.
First team coach Mike Marsh took training at Melwood yesterday as Rodgers and assistant boss Colin Pascoe recovered from a sickness bug.
Liverpool are set to confirm the £12million capture of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea tomorrow.
However, the paperwork won’t be completed in time for the striker to face Sunderland.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...t-as-qpr-swoop-100252-32524196/#ixzz2GjTphxpV

It's a real pity that Joe Cole's career at liverpool didn't take off like it did at chelsea, was really looking forward to it when he signed.

He couldn't run for more than ten minutes, that was the issue.

Seeing that this is a discussion forum... Pretty much everything to do with it. I wasn't directly responding to you nor was I making a comment on 'statistics'. It was a comment based off of the one you made. Not a comment directly responding to your comment.

I was simply pointing out that stats can be deceiving. Not contesting that Gerrard has played well of late. Sorry if you thought I was trying to assassinate you or something.

Just seeing as it was posted on a Liverpool Thread mainly about Gerrard, I didn't see the connection but ah well

most fantasy/best 11 teams wouldn't work well together, it's just a collection of the best players regardless of if they can work as a team

The Downing joke is never going to get old is it.

Feeling optimistic about todays game. COME ON REDMEN

Happy with that, supposed to only be 10 million too.

Rather we got him for that, than Dempsey in the summer. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that we've left it until midway through the season to sign someone, Dempsey or Sturridge, but I'm happier with Danny.

Career defining move means he will be potentially hungrier than other signings..

Young, has shown promise when played and can only Impove.. Add the fact he has a sell on value if something doesn't work out

Overall happy with the deal, gives us more competition up front and that added injection of trickery and pace

Happy with that, supposed to only be 10 million too.

Rather we got him for that, than Dempsey in the summer. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that we've left it until midway through the season to sign someone, Dempsey or Sturridge, but I'm happier with Danny.

£10m is not a bad price, especially considering he is on a very high wage for his age.. That £2m we saved will pay £10k a week of his contract for the next 4 years :)

Strange how we didn't go for Ba at £7m, though? Only three possible reasons; 1) Somebody bigger want him (Chelsea?) 2) Newcastle are going to break their wage structure to keep him. 3) We don't want to take a punt on a 27 year old with an explosive knee!

TBF, we would never have got Sturridge at the start of the year considering he played almost all of Chelsea's league games last year!

£10m is not a bad price, especially considering he is on a very high wage for his age.. That £2m we saved will pay £10k a week of his contract for the next 4 years :)

Strange how we didn't go for Ba at £7m, though? Only three possible reasons; 1) Somebody bigger want him (Chelsea?) 2) Newcastle are going to break their wage structure to keep him. 3) We don't want to take a punt on a 27 year old with an explosive knee!

TBF, we would never have got Sturridge at the start of the year considering he played almost all of Chelsea's league games last year!
Chelsea are after Ba, his agent is a **** and demands huge money and like you said, 27 year old with knees that like to fall apart.
10mil for Sturridge is a much better deal IMO.

Well, people have been waiting for Ba's knees to implode for two years now, and in the meantime he's been banging them in. I'd say the main reason is that Rodgers is looking for a different kind of forward.

£10m is not a bad price, especially considering he is on a very high wage for his age.. That £2m we saved will pay £10k a week of his contract for the next 4 years

Someone posted on twitter I cannot remember who...

Demba Ba cannot be insured due to his knees, the clause also comes with high agent fees, he wants a bigger wage than Sturridge.. Is older and if it didn't work out their wouldn't be much of a sell on value

Sturridge also took a pay cut to join us (80k, now on 60k apparently)

Apparently with all taking into consideration Ba is slightly more expensive

Last edited:
Deserved first half lead, played well and finished chances well

Sessegnon is a very good little player though, and Sunderland have looked dangerous a few times so game is certainly not over!

Gerrard is now joint top assist maker in the league now with 7! (Alongside Mata and Rooney)

Someone posted on twitter I cannot remember who...

Demba Ba cannot be insured due to his knees, the clause also comes with high agent fees, he wants a bigger wage than Sturridge.. Is older and if it didn't work out their wouldn't be much of a sell on value

Sturridge also took a pay cut to join us (80k, now on 60k apparently)

Apparently with all taking into consideration Ba is slightly more expensive

Ba's agents want crazy money. Liverpool have paid too much in recent years to agents and are determined not to go down that route again.

Back