The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He's hardly played but its a bit frustrating to see him go already since he was played out of position and I really doubt we'll get a replacement. It's just the owners penny pinching.

He's hardly played but its a bit frustrating to see him go already since he was played out of position and I really doubt we'll get a replacement. It's just the owners penny pinching.

Blame that on BR, you play a system that doesnt suit him 50% of the time, and then play him out of role.

Blame that on BR, you play a system that doesnt suit him 50% of the time, and then play him out of role.

And Dortmund profits from all this. Heard he took a massive wage cut to join them (Not sure if that happens in loan deals).

18 months loan deal with an option to buy. Fantastic deal for Dortmund.

Also will be interesting to see whether he walks straight into first 11 in place of Gundogan.

And Dortmund profits from all this. Heard he took a massive wage cut to join them (Not sure if that happens in loan deals).

18 months loan deal with an option to buy. Fantastic deal for Dortmund.

Probably Dortmund paying roughly half of his wages and Sahin waiving the other half instead of having Madrid pay them. Not actually a "wage cut" but it has the same effect.

Sahin is not a loss because he didn't contribute to anything that has happened for various reasons

potentially it could have been a very good deal but wasn't to be! Still a great deal for Dortmund

Sahin is not a loss because he didn't contribute to anything that has happened for various reasons

potentially it could have been a very good deal but wasn't to be! Still a great deal for Dortmund

Agree, its a waste rather than a loss. Although given how you play, its almost like BR had never watched him before making a loan bid/

It was a typical FM buy - you're offered a great player who doesn't really fit into your squad but you just can't resist getting him and you try to squeeze him in, to no effect, and you end up ditching him six months later.

It's gunna be really frustrating to watch him go from our bench to possibly starting in the champions league tho :L

But if he doesnt fit, then might as well not pay the wage.

Yh I understand the reasoning and for how well/often he played for us 100k or whatever a week is stupid.

Hoping we might have a look at a cm this month, suspect we wont until the summer tho.

Watching Soccer Saturday and its getting quite funny,

on the Suarez Handball v Mansfield, apparently he should have told the referee and blah blah blah

Any other player there would be none of this..

TBH to Le Tissier he is saying the Carroll ( United v Spurs ) didnt own up, the Le Fondre hand ball earlier in the season was identical and Crouch's hand ball's against Stoke v Man City

all of which Nobody owned up, all of which hardly anything was made out of it,

Its quite laughable really

Watching Soccer Saturday and its getting quite funny,

on the Suarez Handball v Mansfield, apparently he should have told the referee and blah blah blah

Any other player there would be none of this..

TBH to Le Tissier he is saying the Carroll ( United v Spurs ) didnt own up, the Le Fondre hand ball earlier in the season was identical and Crouch's hand ball's against Stoke v Man City

all of which Nobody owned up, all of which hardly anything was made out of it,

Its quite laughable really

It's even affecting the church:

A NOTTS clergyman has spoken out against the "evils" of football following Mansfield Town FC's controversial FA Cup defeat to Liverpool .Mr Jones, 67, said: "I have long thought that the game of football suffers from two evils, too much money and a lack of sportsmanship. I watched the game on TV and both my wife and I were incensed. "I accept the referee made the decision, but the player could have been a real gentleman and owned up to it.
"In society as a whole we don't tend to see sportsmanship so much now."
After the game, Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers said it wasn't for Suarez to own up to the handball.
But Mr Jones said: "On this occasion the player I believe knew he had done wrong by his reactions following the incident, but felt he either did not want to do the decent thing or felt under too much pressure from what the team and manager's reaction might be.
"I understand there is little that can be done about the excess money in the game, but is it too late to bring back sportsmanship?"
Mr Jones said he expected the incident to be the talk of the congregation at Bridge Street Methodist Church, as well as at Nottingham Road Methodist Church and Bethel Methodist Church, which he also covers.
"Some fans will say 'we were robbed', but I expect others will be more philosophical and say 'at least we've had our day'."

It's even affecting the church:

A NOTTS clergyman has spoken out against the "evils" of football following Mansfield Town FC's controversial FA Cup defeat to Liverpool .Mr Jones, 67, said: "I have long thought that the game of football suffers from two evils, too much money and a lack of sportsmanship. I watched the game on TV and both my wife and I were incensed. "I accept the referee made the decision, but the player could have been a real gentleman and owned up to it.
"In society as a whole we don't tend to see sportsmanship so much now."
After the game, Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers said it wasn't for Suarez to own up to the handball.
But Mr Jones said: "On this occasion the player I believe knew he had done wrong by his reactions following the incident, but felt he either did not want to do the decent thing or felt under too much pressure from what the team and manager's reaction might be.
"I understand there is little that can be done about the excess money in the game, but is it too late to bring back sportsmanship?"
Mr Jones said he expected the incident to be the talk of the congregation at Bridge Street Methodist Church, as well as at Nottingham Road Methodist Church and Bethel Methodist Church, which he also covers.
"Some fans will say 'we were robbed', but I expect others will be more philosophical and say 'at least we've had our day'."

not denying it was harsh on Mansfield,

but the criticism for the individual is because of who he is, it has nothing to do with what he did as there has been plenty of occasions this season things like this have happened

not denying it was harsh on Mansfield,

but the criticism for the individual is because of who he is, it has nothing to do with what he did as there has been plenty of occasions this season things like this have happened

To be honest this isn't the first time it's happened where a players done it, and it definately won't be the last. Henry hardly covered himself in glory for those "goals" against the Irish, we've done it with buildup to a goal via Fellaini-it's going to be extremely rare for a player to admit it these days. Think it's also one of those situations where it depends on how massive a game it is. If it's a nothing match then the odds may increase slightly of an admission of guilt, but if it was something like a title decider the odds are pretty much.....0.000000001%

Part and parcel. Not condonable obviously, but it's never going to be truly stamped out

According to broadcast moose on twitter ( talksport )

LFC are very likely to sign James Milner on loan this month

Not sure how reliable he is, seems good on his own club ( West Ham ) not sure on other clubs..

Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Allen, Lucas, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Downing

Confirmed 11:

reina
Wisdom - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson
lucas
allen - Gerrard
sterling - Suarez - downing

disapointed Hendo is not starting, we have played better without Allen, and also Gerrard has.

Sturridge, Borini, Hendo, Shelvey on the bench tho which is positive!

Back