The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I read that Suarez will leave if there is not much investment in the squad, I can't blame him as he deserves more than midtable mediocrity but we cannot afford to lose him.

we need a naturally gifted no.10 asap lets petition Rodgers until he brings one in! ;) sorry lads but lucas is awful and allen played bad I feel sorry for gerard a great player who looks shadow of himself with all the mediocrity around him making him work too hard too often Liverpool will take years to rebuild us back to a top flight club

we need a naturally gifted no.10 asap lets petition Rodgers until he brings one in! ;) sorry lads but lucas is awful and allen played bad I feel sorry for gerard a great player who looks shadow of himself with all the mediocrity around him making him work too hard too often Liverpool will take years to rebuild us back to a top flight club

Purely for that comment, the rest of your post is irrelevant.

I read that Suarez will leave if there is not much investment in the squad, I can't blame him as he deserves more than midtable mediocrity but we cannot afford to lose him.

I wouldnt read too much into it... Suarez and the media go hand in hand when they want a story,

although say in two years if were not at least competing for champions league qualification, then i can see him 'doing a Torres'

Maybe you're right, I don't think he would do a Torres though strangely enough, in fact he would probably have a similar season to Alonso when he left. As to the youth who called Lucas rubbish/average... shame on you.

Lucas is awful is quite blatantly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And I'm going to chose not to retort to it. Except via the first half of this post.

Lucas is awful is quite blatantly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And I'm going to chose not to retort to it. Except via the first half of this post.

I know what you mean but such a moronic statement can't go unnoticed imo, even when not at his sharpest he is our best central midfield player. He's not the Lucas of old anymore, and he shouldn't be treated like he is either.

I know what you mean but such a moronic statement can't go unnoticed imo, even when not at his sharpest he is our best central midfield player. He's not the Lucas of old anymore, and he shouldn't be treated like he is either.

Remember he has only just came back from a long injury.. seems to be getting better each game, and hopefully come start of next season will be back after a good pre season

Remember he has only just came back from a long injury.. seems to be getting better each game, and hopefully come start of next season will be back after a good pre season

Sorry Marshall, I meant the time when Lucas was just a raw and inexperienced player just beginning to play his trade for us. He deserves the respect and recognition, and I definitely am confident that he'll recover from his injury, and when he does he'll be like a new signing. :)

Actually it is, very good defender, would have been an excellent 3rd choice defender, and would have pushed Skrtel for his place.

Would have preferred him to stay at Molde than go to Saints.

It's all gossip until we see how he is in England. He wouldn't be the first Norwegian to flop.

Granted the reason Nando left was because of the lack of trophies

But he had everything bar that at LFC, and even his own 'fans' are booing him

Time to admit he made a mistake?

In hindsight maybe but everyone except very few Chelsea fans could see Torres flopping imo. I don't necessarily care for him anymore but I do sympathise for him in terms of how his career has taken a bump.

I'd have him back. But that's only because I still love him and haven't got over him. Whether it's a good move for the club? Probably not.

I'd have him back. But that's only because I still love him and haven't got over him. Whether it's a good move for the club? Probably not.

Not sure if i would, tho he had some good times with the club, but form wise and other stuff going on his life which looks clear to me there are then no i wouldn't have him back.

No you wouldn't really have him back surely?, you're got Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. Torres is past best now, if I was the Chelsea manager I would sell back to Spain!, don't get me wrong I thought he was great player for Liverpool, but he does seems interested during matches any more?. Oh by way you probably noticed that I'm United supporter, I thought Liverpool were unlucky at weekend, thought they deserve a better result in the end than what they got!.

Last edited:
No you wouldn't really have him back surely?, you're got Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. Torres is past best now, if I was the Chelsea manager I would sell back to Spain!, don't get me wrong I thought he was great player for Liverpool, but he does seems interested during matches any more?. Oh by way you probably noticed that I'm United supporter, I thought Liverpool were unlucky at weekend, thought they deserve better result in the end than what they got!.

Doesn't seem interested probably because he's pretty much an outcast now, and was put on the wing tonight which pretty much nullifies any potential effect. And Sturridge is risky aswell-he can be a very selfish player on occaisions. He's one player I'll be watching with interest.

Back