The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Actually it is, very good defender, would have been an excellent 3rd choice defender, and would have pushed Skrtel for his place.

Would have preferred him to stay at Molde than go to Saints.

Why would you prefer him at Molde?

This lad needs Premier League action to improve his game, going to Southampton in my view would be a far better move for him currently rather than going to Liverpool and sitting on the bench behind Skrtel and Agger.

At least at Southampton they will give him regular matches, I think it's a great option for him at this stage of his career. Bit like Luke Shaw, he knows staying at the Saints is best for his progression at this stage of his career.

I can't help but think that if he did come back he'd find that spark that he had with us before he left and start banging the goals in. I think he's not interested at Chelsea because well, it's Chelsea. Their own fans were booing him last night. He would definitely welcome back a Liverpool return with open arms.

It's all gossip until we see how he is in England. He wouldn't be the first Norwegian to flop.

Gossip? Have you actually seen him play? Because I have, a lot.

Saying he wouldnt be the first Norwegian to flop is a strawman argument.

If people listen to the whole Suarez interview its intriguing

He is spot on when he says 'Suarez sells' so any remote evidence that he can have bad publicity the media jump on it.

He has admitted diving against Stoke as they were under pressure at home, all other 'Dives' he says he exaggerated contact but it was a foul in the first place, make of that what you will.

He also completely denied handling it intentionally against Mansfield, saying it just bounced up... The celebration he also dismissed as we all know he celebrates like that every game

Seeing as he has improved with all this the last 2 months it seems like he has realised the bad effect it has, so hopefully will be the end of constant controversy

If people listen to the whole Suarez interview its intriguing

He is spot on when he says 'Suarez sells' so any remote evidence that he can have bad publicity the media jump on it.

He has admitted diving against Stoke as they were under pressure at home, all other 'Dives' he says he exaggerated contact but it was a foul in the first place, make of that what you will.

He also completely denied handling it intentionally against Mansfield, saying it just bounced up... The celebration he also dismissed as we all know he celebrates like that every game

Seeing as he has improved with all this the last 2 months it seems like he has realised the bad effect it has, so hopefully will be the end of constant controversy

It sells because he has a pretty terrible record stretching back to Ajax. He pretty much brings it on himself.

As for the bold, thats still simulation, some of them might be actual fouls, some might be just contact (which isnt a foul, Gareth Bale, learn the laws jug ears.), but going over if the contact isnt bringing you over, is a dive.

It sells because he has a pretty terrible record stretching back to Ajax. He pretty much brings it on himself.

As for the bold, thats still simulation, some of them might be actual fouls, some might be just contact (which isnt a foul, Gareth Bale, learn the laws jug ears.), but going over if the contact isnt bringing you over, is a dive.

I partly agree, and this just isn't Suarez, but in alot of cases you don't go down the foul is not given even though its a Blatent foul

in so many cases You do not get any fouls If you stay on your feet, sad to say but it's true... And this is what Suarez was saying, righty or wrongly he is not the first and will not be the last

Suarez has brought these things partly on himself, but others are purely because it sells, and has been massively over exaggerated because of who is involved

I can't help but think that if he did come back he'd find that spark that he had with us before he left and start banging the goals in. I think he's not interested at Chelsea because well, it's Chelsea. Their own fans were booing him last night. He would definitely welcome back a Liverpool return with open arms.

As nice as that sounds, I doubt it simply because he has lost the acceleration, explosiveness and pace that made him so devastating at Liverpool. Simply not the player he was due to his injuries and the fact that Liverpool rushed him back from them meaning he did not properly heal which worsened his condition.

Your welcome to have him back anyways.

I partly agree, and this just isn't Suarez, but in alot of cases you don't go down the foul is not given even though its a Blatent foul

in so many cases You do not get any fouls If you stay on your feet, sad to say but it's true... And this is what Suarez was saying, righty or wrongly he is not the first and will not be the last

Suarez has brought these things partly on himself, but others are purely because it sells, and has been massively over exaggerated because of who is involved

I do agree but if players stop trying to con the ref, it would make their lives easier.

As nice as that sounds, I doubt it simply because he has lost the acceleration, explosiveness and pace that made him so devastating at Liverpool. Simply not the player he was due to his injuries and the fact that Liverpool rushed him back from them meaning he did not properly heal which worsened his condition.

Your welcome to have him back anyways.

True he will never be at his peak of old LFC days, but confidence is a HUGE thing, and its something Liverpool have always seemed to give players in any situation... Torres would be no exception, and although he wouldnt reach the heights of before.. still think he can play a part, espeically considering he is only 28 still

I do agree but if players stop trying to con the ref, it would make their lives easier.

yes agreed

True he will never be at his peak of old LFC days, but confidence is a HUGE thing, and its something Liverpool have always seemed to give players in any situation... Torres would be no exception, and although he wouldnt reach the heights of before.. still think he can play a part, espeically considering he is only 28 still

yes agreed

This. I think confidence affects your movement greatly. Take a look at Rooney at the moment. His confidence is low and he looks as slow as ****. But when Rooneys on top of game he looks as quick as any player.

Gossip? Have you actually seen him play? Because I have, a lot.

Saying he wouldnt be the first Norwegian to flop is a strawman argument.

Until he's played in England, you don't know how we'll fare in England

You might think he'll be great, good, moderate, or ****, but it's all rumours at this stage.

You never know Walrus, he might be what the Saints need to bring some solidity and competence to the defence. Still I would prefer Coates as we can train him up to be a good player and can learn from guys like Agger in the team.

Oh he might be, for sure. I'm not denying

Echo says we're interested in Sneijder if he takes a mahoosive paycut

Until he's played in England, you don't know how we'll fare in England

You might think he'll be great, good, moderate, or ****, but it's all rumours at this stage.

That could be said about every single signing. ever. **** that can be said about a player moving inside England. Its a strawman argument since every player comes with an element of risk.

Point is, he is currently a very good defender, and you've missed out on a good 3rd choice defender who could have pushed Skrtel for his place.

That could be said about every single signing. ever. **** that can be said about a player moving inside England. Its a strawman argument since every player comes with an element of risk.

Point is, he is currently a very good defender, and you've missed out on a good 3rd choice defender who could have pushed Skrtel for his place.

What about Seb Coates?

What about Seb Coates?

I think he is talented and has lots of potential, but for some reason doesnt seem to be picked much by BR, 4-5 games is it? dunno if he has had injuries? But right now I'd put Forren ahead of him

Coates main problem is his complete lack of pace, would probably be a close call in a race between him and a retired Hyypia. He could really do with a loan spell where he can get a lot of game time. Once he gets some experience the issues with his pace won't matter as much.

Sturridge and Suarez looks an very exciting prospect, playing very well so far

Hendo's goal was brilliant as was the team play for Suarez'

Suarez in the hole behind Sturridge is working an absolute treat!

Back