The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Suarez should be up for the POTY

We know he won't, because of his reputation. But he should.

He should be among the favorites to win but won't be surprised if RVP wins it as his goals are very crucial goals in deciding the result of the game not just 3rd or 4th redundant goals.

I think Bale will win it going by the hype (just like how he won last time).

He should be among the favorites to win but won't be surprised if RVP wins it as his goals are very crucial goals in deciding the result of the game not just 3rd or 4th redundant goals.

The fact that Liverpool would be bottom had they not have Suarez's goals shows how retarded this statement is.

The fact that Liverpool would be bottom had they not have Suarez's goals shows how retarded this statement is.

I didn't mean Suarez scored redundant goals (I didn't make it clear in the first post), just that RVP didn't (almost all his goals are equalizers, winners or opening goal). I made it clear in the very first sentence that Suarez should be among the fav to win it.

Also there was a stat that Suarez won 8 points, Bale 15 points and RVP 23 (goal winning the game or points).

Reading this earlier.. 7 reasons why Suarez should be named POTY

1. Goals and goals per minute The stunning hat-trick at Wigan on Saturday increased the Uruguayan's league tally for the season to 21, taking the No.7 two clear of Robin van Persie and five ahead of Gareth Bale in the race for the Golden Boot.
Suarez has also recorded a better goals per minute ratio than his two closest rivals, finding the net once every 115 minutes compared to 117 for Van Persie and 132 for Bale.

2. Chances created for others Suarez's game is not all about goals, though, and the forward has been equally as instrumental in setting up teammates during 2012-13.
Only Leighton Baines has created more chances for a colleague than Suarez, who has made a key pass on 78 occasions this season.

3. Percentage of team's goals Liverpool have racked up 12 goals in their last three fixtures and have hit 29 already in 2013, with new signings Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho providing support on the scoresheet.
Nevertheless, Suarez has accounted for an impressive 39.6 per cent of the Reds' 53 league goals - again bettering the respective contributions of Bale (32.7 per cent) and van Persie (27.9 per cent), and indeed in-form Swansea forward Michu (38.5 per cent).

4. Tackles and duels Clinical forward he may be, but Suarez is by no means averse to helping out with defensive work too. Delve through the statistics and you'll find that the former Ajax man plays a key role in preventing goals for his team.
Suarez has won 75.8 per cent of the tackles he has attempted, made 14 interceptions, come out on top in 172 duels and secured 92 recoveries.

5. Minutes on the pitch Suarez's achievements this season would be outstanding enough by themselves, but you also have to consider the fact that the Uruguayan has spent much of the campaign playing up front alone.
Fabio Borini's injury in September forced Suarez to lead the line without rest until the arrival of Sturridge in January, meaning the No.7 has played in all but one of Liverpool's 28 league fixtures.

In total, Suarez has been on the pitch for 2,415 minutes - 95.8 per cent of the maximum possible.
6. 12 goals away from home In bagging a treble at the DW Stadium last weekend, Suarez set aBarclays Premier League record for the Reds.
He has 12 league goals away from Anfield for 2012-13, more than any other player has registered in one season on their travels.
It's also another category in which the Uruguayan outdoes Bale and van Persie, who trail with 11 and 10 respectively.

7. Variety of goals Perhaps the most fascinating factor of Suarez's striking exploits this season is the sheer variety in his finishing. 14 efforts have been converted with his right foot, five with his left and two with his head - none of which have been penalties.
Suarez has smashed home two free-kicks, though, against Manchester City and Wigan. Indeed, five of his league goals have been struck from outside the box.

2013%2f2%2fGoalscorer-Points.jpg

RVP won win it because he's been doing the same thing for years, Bale will most likely win it which is dumb because he's the least deserving of the three. He's had a very good few months, RVP and Suarez have been doing better all season.
Suarez is most deserving out of the three though.

That table is pretty off btw, there have been 5 games where he's scored the winner and 1-2 where he's scored goals for the draw. So 16-17 points, if you take out all of his goals that's 30+ points you'd drop.

Last edited:
Suarez for me should win it scored more goals and from what I have seen of the two this season he has been the better player over the season at a club in 7th-8th (I think) which makes it more impressive how consistently good he has been.

The only problem with these stats is that it may not be the persons fault that their side didn't win that game if you get my gist.

I got what you are saying but I wouldn't just rule out these stats. It was well known how many important goals RVP scored when we needed someone to step up.

Anyways Bale will win this, bit surprising that Mata name is not mentioned at all. He had very good season but looks like Rafa news is dominating the headlines.

I'd personally give it to Mata. If Bale wins it then I give up.

Ready to give up Mike. He won the award just because he scored hat trick against Inter and was good in the league. Now he is the third top scorer in the league, there is no way other player will win it (maybe except RVP thanks to Mancini for free campaign) as players will be voting by feb end or March first week and Bale is in red hot form.

I got what you are saying but I wouldn't just rule out these stats. It was well known how many important goals RVP scored when we needed someone to step up.

Anyways Bale will win this, bit surprising that Mata name is not mentioned at all. He had very good season but looks like Rafa news is dominating the headlines.

Yeah i do think in some regards Mata is very underrated in terms of the media etc. I mean his goal vs Newcastle wasn't even up for goal of the month on MOTD2 last night but Yaya Toure's against Chelsea was. Yes i know it was a decent goal but not at good as Mata's. I do think Mata can be quiet for longer in games compared to the likes of Suarez, RVP and Bale but that is mainly down to Chelsea not being able to keep possession.

Ready to give up Mike. He won the award just because he scored hat trick against Inter and was good in the league. Now he is the third top scorer in the league, there is no way other player will win it (maybe except RVP thanks to Mancini for free campaign) as players will be voting by feb end or March first week and Bale is in red hot form.

Yeah it does make me laugh when the voting is done, how can you vote for a player of the season when there is still 10 odd games left?

TBF, who actually cares about who wins Player of the Year? It's voted for by players... They're mostly retarded.. Proven by the fact they voted for Bale last year.

As long as Suarez wins FWA Footballer of the Year, I'll be happy. There are many players who deserve it more than Bale.. RVP, Suarez, Mata, Toure... The list goes on.

Last edited:
TBF, who actually cares about who wins Player of the Year? It's voted for by players... They're mostly retarded.. Proven by the fact they voted for Bale last year.

As long as Suarez wins FWA Footballer of the Year, I'll be happy. There are many players who deserve it more than Bale.. RVP, Suarez, Mata, Toure... The list goes on.

lol

You don't rate Toure? Take your United tinted sunglasses off.

I don't think he has been as effective this season on a whole but since he come back from ACON he has been sensational again.

You don't rate Toure? Take your United tinted sunglasses off.

Toure is a great player when on form like last season, this one however he isn't even a contender in my eyes, been poor up to February and only just starting to show something.

You must be watching a different City to me then lads. Toure has been Citys best player. Not to mention hes been away at the african cup of nations.

You must be watching a different City to me then lads. Toure has been Citys best player. Not to mention hes been away at the african cup of nations.

Citys best player, for sure. But still not actually been great, certainly not by his standards. Has only truly shone since he returned from ACON.

Back