The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yaya is a brilliant player, but this season has not been anywhere near the standard of last year, only recentley started replicating those performances

wouldnt class him as deserving a player of the year award

Awesome input.

Thanks

Still one of the most consistent performers in the league. And a player, who IMO, deserves the award more than Bale.

Bale is head and shoulders above Toure this season. Just because Sky hypes him as the best player doesn't mean others have to play down his performance. Even City fans are not happy with his performance this season. City's player of the season by country mile is Zabaleta. If anyone he deserves to be among the candidates to win the player of the year.

City's player of the season by country mile is Zabaleta. If anyone he deserves to be among the candidates to win the player of the year.

A defender. Player of the year? BLASPHEMY.

(I think Terry has been the only one in the last 20 years or so?)

Yeah Bale deserves a nomination, as does Suarez, Michu etc etc etc....but if Fellaini hadn't have had his mental moment against Shawcross and get that 3 game ban he without doubt would've been up there with a more than worthy mention. He's been absolutely tremondous this season. Yeah he might be slow but so what? He's brung a new dimension to Evertons style of play and been much better than last season.

Why Fellaini why? :(

Thanks

Bale is head and shoulders above Toure this season. Just because Sky hypes him as the best player doesn't mean others have to play down his performance. Even City fans are not happy with his performance this season. City's player of the season by country mile is Zabaleta. If anyone he deserves to be among the candidates to win the player of the year.

I always forget Zab, and I really shouldnt. Definitely City's best play, hands down the most consistent.

Wont win though. Players like him and Carrick just dont win the footballers award.

I always forget Zab, and I really shouldnt. Definitely City's best play, hands down the most consistent.

Wont win though. Players like him and Carrick just dont win the footballers award.

Yeah. At least Carrick is getting plaudits this season. Finally pundits and journos are rating among the best players in the league.

Pallister and McGrath are both right on the edge though (92/93)

Yeah. Just checked the record for last 20 years and was surprised to see 3 defenders winning it. Need some GKs too.

Yeah. At least Carrick is getting plaudits this season. Finally pundits and journos are rating among the best players in the league.

Yeah. Just checked the record for last 20 years and was surprised to see 3 defenders winning it. Need some GKs too.

I do rate Carrick, but he seems to go missing in the big games... he has improved in that aspect, but i still think that is the reason he doesn't get as much recognition as he probably deserves

On the Toure front, Bale has been alot better than Toure this season... Zabaleta is hands down their most consistent player

however a defender is 100/1 to win the POTY, it just doesnt usually happen

I do rate Carrick, but he seems to go missing in the big games... he has improved in that aspect, but i still think that is the reason he doesn't get as much recognition as he probably deserves

On the Toure front, Bale has been alot better than Toure this season... Zabaleta is hands down their most consistent player

however a defender is 100/1 to win the POTY, it just doesnt usually happen

He hasn't gone missing in any of the big games this season though.

Thanks

I don't know what you mean about Sky hyping up.. Didn't realise they did. Although the same can be said for Bale!.. The media go mental whenever he does something well, but never mention when he fails to perform (a bit like Joe Hart). Good shout of Zabaleta, he's been City's best player, although if I was going to give it to a full-back it would be Baines.

There aren't any GK's worthy of winning it though..

There aren't any GK's worthy of winning it though..

Now there aren't any. In the past there were GKs who won lot of points.

Re, hyping I was talking about Bale. Just because Sky hypes him with no limits doesn't mean others have to underrate him. Fantastic player and head and shoulders above Toure this season.

I agree with it being similar to Joe Hart though.

City's player of the season by country mile is Zabaleta. If anyone he deserves to be among the candidates to win the player of the year.

Hang on, you're on about the bench warmer of the season award.. right?

If anyone is winning benchwarmer of the season it's Micah Richards, where's he gone!?

Back