The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He's played the fourth-most games in their entire squad. :/

I wasn't going on the basis of this seasons appearances I just think in general hes a bench warmer. Can't remember seeing him at all last season despite being a regular this season.

Last edited:
I wasn't going on the basis of this seasons appearances I just think in general hes a bench warmer. Can't remember seeing him at all last season despite being a regular this season.

I believe we were talking about THIS season's awards, not last's. If you'll remember, those had already been handed out.

thats because people improve and win a place in a team,

Zabaleta has been fantastic for them, and besides.. were on about this years POTY not last seasons?

Zabaleta is a quality player, not spectacular but still a very important part of Man City's team. However I think RVP deserves it tbh as he's won so many points for Man Utd singlehandedly.

I believe we were talking about THIS season's awards, not last's. If you'll remember, those had already been handed out.

One season doesn't change how I label players. Zabaleta to me is known as a bench warmer. A string of 20 premier league games doesn't change that. If you get to be a player of the season for playing every game then maybe the award should start being handed it out to goalkeepers.

Last edited:
One season doesn't change how I label players. Zabaleta to me is known as a bench warmer. A string of 20 premier league games doesn't change that. If you get to be a player of the season for playing every game then maybe the away should start being handed it out to goalkeepers.

Then your knowledge of him is flawed, his appearances dont support your opinion. He's never been a benchwarmer, at worst he's been rotation, split between him and Richards, although he was first choice 2 seasons back, then rotated with Richards last season. Now easily first choice this season
Its hardly a string of 20 games either, ousted Richards from this time last year and has been first choice since.

Last edited:
One season doesn't change how I label players. Zabaleta to me is known as a bench warmer. A string of 20 premier league games doesn't change that. If you get to be a player of the season for playing every game then maybe the award should start being handed it out to goalkeepers.

Surely the definition of 'benchwarmer' is sitting on the bench. If he is getting played everygame he is hardly being a benchwarmer is he. It seems that whatever he does it won't change your 'label'. Maybe you need to watch more football and you might understand better.

He's never been a benchwarmer, at worst he's been rotation, split between him and Richards, although he was first choice 2 seasons back, then rotated with Richards last season.

I can't remember him playing two full games in a row last season. And I watched City. A lot.

Surely the definition of 'benchwarmer' is sitting on the bench. If he is getting played everygame he is hardly being a benchwarmer is he. It seems that whatever he does it won't change your 'label'. Maybe you need to watch more football and you might understand better.

Cheers for the advice pokiuki.

I can't remember him playing two full games in a row last season. And I watched City. A lot.

Well he did 4 times, before then becoming a near permanent fixture from mid feb till the end of the season and then obviously all this season.

Why is this thread only ever active when we're not talking about Liverpool?

So Bale is a complete shithouse LB then.

Im amazed at your ignorance of a player that has improved massively, probably the most improved player in the league

add the fact he has been one of the top players this season its amazing how you can miss it.

Im amazed at your ignorance of a player that has improved massively, probably the most improved player in the league

add the fact he has been one of the top players this season its amazing how you can miss it.

You're amazed at my opinion on Zabaleta? You obviously don't get out much mate.

I'd reply to Mike but anything thats against his opinion seems to be getting removed.
Justice for Tezzz.

Last edited:
I know this isnt the Liverpool FM thread, but has anyone noticed that we are worth £1.09B on the latest patch? Wait WoT?

I'd reply to Mike but anything thats against his opinion seems to be getting removed.
Justice for Tezzz.

It just foolish, if what you were saying could actually be backed up then you could have point, but he is a regular starter for City, even their captain on occasions this season and has been one of the better defenders in the league

the fact your dismissing him as a bench player is laughable

Justice for Tezzz.

Both posts were nothing to do with the discussion, grow up.

Justice for Tezzz.
Not sure if a wind-up or completely serious, lol

Back