The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Liverpool were lucky if you ask me. At 2-1 they were dominated and they scored from two mistakes. I can't see you guys getting that 4th spot, but you can get 5th.
I agree with you mostly on where we will end up but you make your own luck imo (apart from the winner that was just Eboue levels of barmy)

Liverpool were lucky if you ask me. At 2-1 they were dominated and they scored from two mistakes. I can't see you guys getting that 4th spot, but you can get 5th.

Its about time it favoured us... So many times this season we have dominated and mistakes have cost us.. City, United ETC

A wins a win, and it makes it even better if we don't play as well as we can and still get the 3 points

Even if we get 6th it's improvement... Gets us Europa League (I think) and this season was always going to be a transitional season.. Next season we hopefully push on!
5th gets Europa then possibly 6th and 7th but it depends on who wins the cups? 1 spot already gone to Swansea. Though if the winner of the FA cup is already in Europe who gets the other spot in Europa? 6th place or the FA cup runner up? Is it the runner up?

I THINK it's the FA cup runner up, rather than the holder of 6th place. It's why Stoke were in Europa League that one time.

Cheers Pool for today lol, in what i thought would turn out a **** day has turned out pretty decent and your lot helped that.

FA cup winner, 5th and League cup winner.
If FA cup winner is in CL/5th the runner up goes in, if the runner up is in CL/5th then 6th goes in.
If League cup winner is CL/5th then 7th goes in. (In this case Swansea go in).

Basically then with Millwall, Blackburn or Wigan Guaranteed in the final

5th
Swansea
and one of those three gets the spots

poor Europa League line up if i have got it right

ducking hate the europa league, though. it helps with coefficency etc etc, but jesus is it a pain to watch. plus we're **** in it

Cheers Pool for today lol, in what i thought would turn out a **** day has turned out pretty decent and your lot helped that.

Good old Stevie G has a bit of a habit of helping us out now and again :D Maybe making up for not joining us back in 2005 ;) :P

Ah Nevin you *******. A game, 3-2, with incidents everywhere, and you focus on a 3 minute character attack on Suarez?

Basically then with Millwall, Blackburn or Wigan Guaranteed in the final

5th
Swansea
and one of those three gets the spots

poor Europa League line up if i have got it right

Decent, the Fa cup team lets it down. Otherwise its swansea and one of the three big London clubs/Liverpool/Everton

Decent, the Fa cup team lets it down. Otherwise its swansea and one of the three big London clubs/Liverpool/Everton

England are currently 4th in the fair play standings as well, with top 3 getting an extra place

If England does finish in the top 3, Liverpool currently are top of the fair play league if i have read some articles on it correctly

can't wait to see Swansea in the EL. Assuming they keep their squad together and add some new faces, i'll be supporting them in it

They're better reps for British football than Stoke City at the very least.

they're better reps than pretty much everyone in Britain! their football's not as nice on the eye this season than last, but they're more successful with how they are now, and still play the best football in Britain probably

Tony Barrett confirmed our interest in Christian Eriksen... Ajax have said he will leave in the summer to the premier league.. Tottenham and LFC interested

Fee rumoured to be around 12-14mil

I like Eriksen and imo we would benifit greatly from him, although I would like us to invest in a striker and left back.

I like Eriksen and imo we would benifit greatly from him, although I would like us to invest in a striker and left back.

Another one?

I'd like to see Ben Arfa and Eriksen brought

with a LB and CB also being brought it

Personally like to see De Vrij, Sakho and L.Shaw to be targeted, although Aly Cissokho name being banded about... again

Last edited:
I'd like to see Ben Arfa and Eriksen brought

with a LB and CB also being brought it

Personally like to see De Vrij, Sakho and L.Shaw to be targeted, although Aly Cissokho name being banded about... again

Where do you think Eriksen would play?

I can see him preferring Spurs, if for no other reason than because they're desperately for an AMC whilst you have Suarez and Coutinho.

Back